Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Pro Defect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
CoreyJ124 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyJ124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Pro Defect
    Posted: 08 May 2006 at 12:44pm
I recently bought a Tippmann Custom Pro. For the first few times i played, it worked great...i loved it. Now, ever once in a while, the gun sorta slips and double shoots or something. It chops balls and that sucks! I have no idea what is wrong with it. Could someone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it.

Edited by CoreyJ124 - 08 May 2006 at 12:46pm
Corey Jenkins
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 1:17pm
Does this happen when you are shooting rapidly?
CoreyJ124 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyJ124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 3:05pm
it does it worse when i shoot fast but it still happens shootin normal
Corey Jenkins
CoreyJ124 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyJ124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 3:32pm
Ive looked on other people's post and they r havin the same problem with the Custom Pro. Ive made sure that the rear bolt and the sear r fine. I clean and oil my gun regularly. Also, when i screw my CO2 in, it starts to leak when its screwed in tightly. I took my power tube out one time and the manuel said to put loctite on the valve lock screws...could this be the problem
Corey Jenkins
MC_TP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC_TP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 7:30pm
It might be your sear spring...As for the leak, put a couple drops of oil in your ASA and shoot the gun a couple times with the marker off...
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 8:48pm
Double shoots as in cycles twice or shoots 2 balls twice?
Like MC_TP said though, it could be a weak sear spring.

As for the leaking, cock back your gun when you screw in your tank, the hammer could be sitting on the valve plunger causing some air to leak out. 
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:57pm
bad o-rings maybe?

sounds like a similar problem to what ilford rule had, he ran hpa on it and everything suddenly worked...
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
shp_pirate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shp_pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:12pm
i had the same problem and i finally brought it to the paintball place near me... they had to replace the hammer, sear spring, balldetemp, and they finetuned the velocity. i havent played since it was fixed but ive shot about 5o rounds and havent had the problem again

Edited by shp_pirate - 11 May 2006 at 7:13pm
Custom Pro
E-Trigger
Crossfire 4500 tank
J&J 14 in. Full Tilt Barrel
Cyclone Feeder
weekendballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekendballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 5:35pm
why did they replace your ball detent if your gun was leaking air?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 5:43pm
To make money. The same reason that they replaced the entire rear bolt, when just replacing the O-Ring would suffice.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:23pm
As RavenGuard said, I had this problem. I recently purchased an HPA tank, and for reasons still beyond me, it now works fine. Now, today I was dryfiring out of boredom, and it skipped once before "farting". Obviously, I was (and am) out of air. I am worried however that the problem may have resurfaced. As I am likely playing this monday, I will let you know if the problem has come to light once again.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 4:05am
You were getting liquid CO2 into your valve. This happens when you shoot too fast. It will cause a drop in pressure because the liquid canot expand. As it expands in your valve, it corrects itself, but will fire off a couple hot shots.

if you are gonna go for a high rate of fire. Invest in either an expansion chamber, or an HPA tank. Anti-syphon's are dead.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 7:29am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Anti-syphon's are dead.

Unless you make them yourself.
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Anti-syphon's are dead.

Are they really?? why??? they work so much better than xchambers and way cheaper.. thats so stupid they dont make em anymore..
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 10:52pm
Oh, also, when i replaced my detent, it did cut down chopping somewhat. make sure your velocity screw isnt too far in. (that somehow causes chopping). if necessary buy the maddmann spring kit and put the lowest spring in.

the liquid Co2 thing is all that made sense as far as double firing is concerned. Ive never really heard of this happening on 98s, only CPros...

w/e.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:12pm
it is a strange occurance.

I fear I'll be having this problem soon lol, my sear is starting to get scraped up a bit.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
CoreyJ124 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyJ124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:37pm
I think it is the hammer. I put one in my gun from one of my friends guns and it worked fine. Ive looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a new one. Do you know where I could get one online?
Corey Jenkins
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 2:16am
Tippmannparts.com is the best site.
CoreyJ124 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreyJ124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 10:22pm
I finally got the parts I needed. I got a hammer, a sear, an a sear spring and it works perfectly. I thank everyone for their advice and comments.
Corey Jenkins
adblink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 12:31am
lol wow, almost 2.5 months later!
Tippmann Custom Pro
14" Lapco Bigshot Barrel
R/T Trigger
Adjustable Stock
Raised Adjustable Sight Rail
Halo B Loader
Pure Energy Remote Line
Pure Energy 68/3000
JT Flex-8 Camo Mask
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic