FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

leak from 98 vert adaptor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leak from 98 vert adaptor
    Posted: 14 May 2006 at 4:25am

Originally posted by irish_guy irish_guy wrote:

I just wanted to say excellent article by Bruce A. Frank on the valve assembly and locktite. Any one with any question should really refer to his link up there. Keep up the GREAT work man!

irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 9:53pm
I just wanted to say excellent article by Bruce A. Frank on the valve assembly and locktite. Any one with any question should really refer to his link up there. Keep up the GREAT work man!
Not All There View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not All There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:47pm

yea the blue is nice stuff, I also wondered why they choose and give red locktight, it sucks when you tear down your gun alot...

I just use the red on my powertube, I have been using tefflon for everything else but am going to the blue gel cause i hate tape.

Back to topic tho.....this last few posts can help in your situation as well

Tippmann 98 Custom
-Polished Internals
-Cyclone System
-16" Smart Parts Linear Barrel
-Double Trigger
-Responce Trigger
-Painted and Milled Shell
-Nitro

www.notallthereracing.com
Simma Down!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:33pm
Not that it matters in a tippmann but I know Timmy users voide the warranty by using teflon tape because it can get into the noid. I prefer blue loctite. It seals well and is not permanent.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:29am

Originally posted by tigman250 tigman250 wrote:

teflon tape is for sealing and protecting from leaks, loctite is for keeping bolts in place. they both work good for what they are intended but they should never be substituted for each other. i will never figgure out why Tippmann says to use loctite for air fittings??

Tigman,

Have you read what I posted about LocTite/Permatex at:

Marker Trouble? Read Maintenance Archive

I used to be a 100% Teflon user until I discovered the Permatex Blue Gel sealant. It seals instantly. Requires no trying time. Can be repositioned with regular tools and STILL maintains the seal when you have to adjust a fitting. It also requires no extra muscle to take things apart...and it leaves no shredded trash that is difficult to keep out of the pin valve.

I no longer even carry Teflon in my field repair kit.

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Not All There Not All There wrote:

related to this...when installing things such as the gas line into the powertube, which do you prefer....lock tight or teflon tape?

Air

teflon tape is for sealing and protecting from leaks, loctite is for keeping bolts in place. they both work good for what they are intended but they should never be substituted for each other. i will never figgure out why Tippmann says to use loctite for air fittings??

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 12:07pm

Originally posted by AdM1nOfLOVE AdM1nOfLOVE wrote:

When I screw in my vertical adaptor I get a leak coming from the threads that  connect to  the valve, if I screw the adaptor in further it does not fit into the gun right. Are the threads on the adaptor just really messed up? (I have tried this on two different valves and the same thing happens)

The threads need to be sealed either with Teflon tape or LocTite/Permatex. Go read the last couple of paragraphs of my post on:

Marker Trouble? Read Maintenance Archive

Not All There View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not All There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 9:41pm

related to this...when installing things such as the gas line into the powertube, which do you prefer....lock tight or teflon tape?

Air

Tippmann 98 Custom
-Polished Internals
-Cyclone System
-16" Smart Parts Linear Barrel
-Double Trigger
-Responce Trigger
-Painted and Milled Shell
-Nitro

www.notallthereracing.com
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 8:42pm
take a piece of teflon tape about 2 inches long, fold it in half and wrap it on the female threads clockwise (when looking at the open end of the female threads) that should fix your problem.
AdM1nOfLOVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdM1nOfLOVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 6:41pm
When I screw in my vertical adaptor I get a leak coming from the threads that  connect to  the valve, if I screw the adaptor in further it does not fit into the gun right. Are the threads on the adaptor just really messed up? (I have tried this on two different valves and the same thing happens)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic