Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats the best gun for around 150 - 200US

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jordan18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats the best gun for around 150 - 200US
    Posted: 03 May 2006 at 9:58pm
I've been looking at the tippman Custom Pro and i can get it for like 180 or 200, or like 150 off of e-bay.  But i was just wondering if their was anything comparable to this gun.  If so, which is better? thanks
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 10:08pm
CP is your best bet if you're using CO2.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Bird-Dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird-Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 11:03pm
Tippy 98's are about $125. They are very versatile and are very reliable as well. That's my choice.

_Bird-Dog_
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:57am
Carbine.
freerider0420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freerider0420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:10am

i got an a-5 for $213

jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:17am
Hmm, you come to a tippmann forum, a low-cost, extremely durable gun maker brand to ask what a good gun would be.

Just being sarcastic.

Anyhow, I love my A-5, and ive tested CP's and previously owned a 98c.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
warhead View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 9:58am

im selling my 98c, with flatline and rt BUT NOT ON HERE so sorry

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:33pm

get teh spyder (jk)

Any Tippmann is cool.

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:41pm
Custom Pro would be my current pick if buying new, in that price range.

If you can find one, a "refurbed" A-5 would also make a nice choice.
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 5:11pm
i bought a cp and i like it alot...no probs with balls breaking and stuff...

about 170 at walmart ***please dont hurt me***

i also bought monster balls at walmart too...by bro in law had probs with the scorch or whatever, so i bought a case of the mbs....ive shot off probably 2000 with only one barrel break (at the tip of the barrel, so it wasnt bad at all...)

theres my 2 phennig....

later
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
massproduce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massproduce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:02am

i had the same problem with scorch, dont buy this paint if oyu plan on shootin it through a flatline. 98s good, i wouldve bought it if i was in your situation but i had the cash and got the a5, plus you could get a cyclone feeder on the 98 and make it a a5.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 8:30am
If buying from Ebay, or you know someone... get the Ion, but this should be in the "What gun is best" forum... not here.

Edited by Linus - 05 May 2006 at 8:30am

MyForce View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 5.6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 9:31pm

You can get a new ion now for $200, but then you'd have to buy a $100 hopper and an air tank...  If you're on a strict budget get the 98, but if plan on making Paintball a long-term hobby, I'd invest in the gun I know I want.  Tippmann A-5, it may be more expensive now, but imagine buying a 98 and then a year later want the A-5. 

Suggestion"  Buy the gun you want now and in the long run you'll save money since you won't have some guns sitting around.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic