FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 gun problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 gun problems.
    Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:51pm
1. My 98's ASA comes loose in the middle of every game.

Any way to keep it tight?

2. My cousins 98custom shoot extremely fast (velocity) after installing an e-grip...anyway to get it down without a new spring kit?

3. MY friend A-5 has some trouble with a double trigger... Most of the time when he shoots, the bolt is to fast for the trigger or something and dosnet cock back. Well its mainly having cocking problems with a double trigger, but with a single trigger the problem is nearly solved, but not 100%.

Any help is appreciated.
Sig is WAY too big.
GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 11:18pm
1. Try replacing the current screws and nuts with new ones. I found that the screws and nuts that come with the gun are cheap. The metal seems soft and easy to strip. I replaced most of my screws with nice stainless steel screws that you can find at any hardware store. If that doesn't work you can put a tiny drop of loctite on the threads. But not too much since you will need to be able to get the screws out. We use to have that problem with a lot of the 98s at the field I use to work at, and replacing the screws usually did the trick.

2. You should buy a new spring kit. If you want a temporary fix you can cut the current drive spring, but this ruins the drive spring and you eventually need to replace it anyways. I would just recomend getting a madd man spring kit to begin with.

3. No idea, I have no experience with the internals of an A-5.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 11:20pm
1. Loctite.

2. I'm assuming that you've already tried adjusting the velocity, or any regulator or whatnot that you may have on the gun? If the spring is overdriving the gun, you can always try cutting a few coils off the spring...but if you screw up and then the gun won't shoot at a high enough velocity, you'll HAVE to buy a spring kit.

3. Bolts cycle too fast for the trigger on any blowback paintball gun. That's why trigger assemblies are so complicated with sears that travel back and forth, as well as pivot. I'd say that something on the double trigger is not meshing right with the sear.
boom-boom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boom-boom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 1:24pm

1) Good explainations above.

2) Good explainations above.

3) Check your sear and rear bolt. If you see any rounded or chipped edges on either of them, they should both be replaced. Both should be sharp and ridged. If you replace one and not the other, you will end up here again soon. Replace both at the same time. 

Tippmann upgraded the rear bolt and sear. Getting the new ones should solve your problems.

Edited by boom-boom - 03 May 2006 at 1:26pm
I'd rather be playing paintball than sitting here talking about it.

GIDEON'S ELITE: Never heard of us? It's cause we're not any good.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 10:49pm
K thanks everyone.

I mainly needed help on the A-5 situation
Sig is WAY too big.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 11:20pm
i don't know how the e-grip would increase your velocity...
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:49am
The last issue sounds like a problem with the aftermarket trigger not up to spec. Probly cheap quality.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

The last issue sounds like a problem with the aftermarket trigger not up to spec. Probly cheap quality.

I think its a GTA trigger, not sure though.

But it also does it even with the single trigger for the frist few shots.
Sig is WAY too big.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 10:06pm
If so, then it's probably a worn sear.
Simma Down!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 6:10pm
If your going to use loctuite make sure you use blue loctite. Not the red.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic