FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Immigrant Boycott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 3:43pm

Very nice sized rally in downtown Orlando.

I hear alot of people skipped work at Disney today, I dont think it hurt the park much though.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 4:03pm
Nothing. Then again, my town is primarily white.

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 4:24pm
I hope they started rounding them up and send them back by the bus load. I say its perfect, they are all in one place.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 4:31pm
I do believe the purpose of the boycott/demonstrations was IMMIGRANT issues, not ILLEGAL immigrant issues...
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 4:41pm
They arent white nor do they speak American so therefore shouldnt be here.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, since when does the president visit the forums?

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

... even for cedric that was a lame attempt at humor...
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:27am
Nothing out of the ordinary here in South Florida. 20 or 30 demonstrators were waving flags downtown, but otherwise it was business as usual.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:31am
I had three subs today at school.

One is hispanic, one teaches spanish, and one is...from New Jersey.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I do believe the purpose of the boycott/demonstrations was IMMIGRANT issues, not ILLEGAL immigrant issues...

It is not an immigrant issue. Legal Mexican immigrants held a counter demonstration in El Paso protesting against "illegal" immigrants, it received only local coverage, and that was only because of the fights that broke out when Mexicans carrying Mexican flags started throwing rocks at Mexican Americans who were carrying American flags.

My girlfriend, a legal immigrant, has been hopping through hoops for years to obtain American citizenship. But she says it's not bad, it's all but impossible for foreigners to obtain citizenship in her country.

Citizenship can only be awarded to those who go to the great trouble to earn it. If an immigrant doesn't respect our laws enough to immigrate legally, he doesn't deserve citizenship.

For those of you who might wish to consider moving to Mexico, remember that Mexico will never grant you full citizenship, regardless of the circumstances. You will never be allowed to hold certain jobs, become a military officer, or to own land in most parts of the country.

Yet, this same Mexico has the nerve to tell us that our immigration laws are too tough? This same Mexico prints pamphlets instructing her citizens on how to break our laws?

I think the wrong people are protesting on the wrong side of the border.
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:49am

Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

It is not an immigrant issue.

You are simply wrong.

Yes, the illegal concerns are central, but the entire approach to immigration needs overhaul, and Americans could stand to see how important ALL immigrants - legal and illegal - are to the country.

Thousands of perfectly legal immigrants of various kinds also boycotted today.  In New York City, where 30+ percent of the population is foreign born, there were boycotts and demonstrations in a variety of non-hispanic neighborhoods, featuring overwhelmingly legal immigrants.  In Chinatown, for instance, many of the leaders of the actions today are naturalized American citizens, yet even they considered immigrant issues important.

Yes, illegal issues are important - but to focus solely on those to the exclusion of the millions of legal immigrants is to miss many central points of the whole debate.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:53am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

... even for cedric that was a lame attempt at humor...
especially since the pres wants a guest worker program

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
warman View Drop Down
What the duece happened

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 3:35am
how come all the mexicans wave mexican flags if they want to be in america, hopefully everybody who didn't go to work today got fired
N is for nowledge

billcosby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billcosby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 6:33am
how many of many of the people marching do you think actaully knew what they were marching far and not just doing because it would look like they arent supporting their heritage.....I dont know if i said that the way i ment it in my head it made sense but who knows on how it came out anyways i am all for immigrants it does not bother me one bit its jsut the ones that come in illegally and complain when someone says something when they are here ILLEGALLY. And one more   waving mexican flags when they wanna be in america i dont understand that one. again dont know if that made any sense but i did just get home from work and need to go to bed.
GABAA GABBA HEY PUNK IS HERE TO STAY

Ride foundation

I shoot a timmy
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 7:19am
Clark, the main topic of all these rally's is ILLEGAL immigration and what to do about it, not just how to make it easier to become legal.

The fact of the matter is, these people broke the law. They simply should not be allowed to become citizens anymore.

Grant them green cards, but not citizenship.

Pardon one offense and you allow the commission of many.

If we say it's alright for them to come into the country illegally, and reward them for that act, what does that say about the credibility of our laws?

Plus.. look at videos of the rallies... you will see 1 American flag for every 4 or 5 Mexican flags.

They are fighting to live/work in this country.. but they still promote their country more?

No, it isnt about heritage. You can wave a "Mexican Heritage" flag for that, not a Mexican flag.

If it were about heritage, they would wave this flag:

To wave a Mexican flag while proclaiming they want to be in America is basically a slap in the face to every American, whether you believe it or not.

WHy should we reward people for breaking laws? Sure it's tough to become a citizen, and it SHOULD BE. We should not grant it to anyone and everyone.

Plus, they abuse the system. They come into the country pregnant, have the baby, and then cannot be kicked out. Cheap trick.

WHen they go to an emergency room, they HAVE to be admitted, and when they cannot flip the bill, it's left to US, the taxpayers.

People argue that "They take the jobs Americans never would".

Wrong-- Look at how many construction workers are out of business becuase of immigrants and the ability for the immigrants to take less money.

Look at how many landscapers are out of business because of lower (below MW) wages paid to immigrants.

And you dont live in or around Detroit, so you have no clue ont he impact of immigrants on the Auto world. We see it on the news everyday.

And also, people claim "Americans would never pick fruits/veggies". Wrong again. Ever hear of something called the Great Depression? Americans worked any and every job to survies.

When worse comes to worst, Americans do what they have to, most of the time legally, to survive.

NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 7:47am
Ya, they're here they're **edited** and they're here to stay, oh wait, or um...is another minority group protesting for their rights?
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:01am
Clark, your translator is not working again.

Legal immigration has never been a problem. The current illegal immigration is the problem.

This whole Boycott is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT issue.

The MANY who entered this country illegally who consider themselves more of a priority than the FEW who are actually following the LEGAL IMMIGRATION procedures to enter our country and become part of society as the generations of Irish, Germans, French, Italians, Mexican, etc immigrants who made the trip legally, did what was required legally and made this country what it is.

And you can not see the movements who want "thier" land back, what if we did give them back California, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and the United States freebes were not there, the next border will have the same problem, for The "New Mexico" will not be able to support the new citizens and we repeat the process with the borders of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, etc.

If you are a legal Immigrant to the US, welcome, if you are here by violating the law of the US, you too can be welcomed, once you return to your native land, and do as the many have done before you, apply, wait, get approved documentation, and then enter. That is the LAW, do that you are now LEGAL and all this goes away.
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:33am

Have you BEEN to Texas lately OS?   We already gave it back.   I get people mad at me when I walk into a store and they start speaking to me in Spanish and I don't understand what they are saying... (by the way, I'm Hawaaian and French) oh wait, dark hair, dark skin... I must automatically speak Spanish.  

So I like to mess with them... I grew up in Upstate NY so the second language that was most popular to teach up there was French.   So I start cussing them out in French.

~ Rico

PS... back a little more on topic - the local "Yack in the Box" was closed yesterday for "staffing issues."

PSS... anyone seen my lawn guy?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:55am
Yeah I'm curious to see who turned out to my family business yesterday... 15 of our 20 employees are hispanic (all legal), so i'll have to call my dad later.

PS-(We own a business in Fort Worth, so I am keeping a close eye on the illegal immigrant issue, it's bigger in Texas then most other states)

Again- the school I'll be going to in Aug is primarily hispanic.... I'll be the minority there.. fun.

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:04am
Originally posted by warman warman wrote:

how come all the mexicans wave mexican flags if they want to be in america, hopefully everybody who didn't go to work today got fired
i remember my local Fox news station was saying "i havent seen a Mexican flag all day out here" but while he said it i could see 5 Mexican flags and only 3 American flags in the background.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic