Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hello i just started

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zyrotallic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyrotallic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hello i just started
    Posted: 28 April 2006 at 11:52pm
Hello everybody,i just started paintballin 3 days ago i really like the sport.wen i went to the field i rented a gun.i'm getting a 98 custom for 170$ for my birthday is this a good gun for biginners?
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 11:54pm
Welcome to the Fourms. Yes, a 98 Custom is a great gun for a beginner. They are very relieable. They can take a beating and still keep shooting. Once you play more and decide what kind of upgrades you want, you can customize it in any way you want. Its a great all around gun.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:25am

170 seems a little steep. what kind of 98c is it? they have different versions, like 98c with a response trigger, a flatline barrel and an electronic grip.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:26am
$170 is prolly for the players pack.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:33am
oh yeah. forgot about that.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

SupermanDan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupermanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 1:29am
that actually seems like a good price if it's the pack. but if it's just the gun,
then you're getting ripped off. in canada, the gun alone is only 173.
fhqwhgads
MyForce View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 5.6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 1:31pm

If you got the cash, I'd just invest in the A-5.  It is the newer Tippmann with the cyclone feed.  You can get a used set-up for $300 to $400 off ebay.  Action Village is also having a sale on 72in 3000psi air tanks for $60 or so dollars. 

Again - only if you got the cash.  I figured might as well get the gun I want now rather than buy a cheaper marker only to buy the A-5 in the end.

massproduce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massproduce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 4:52pm
  98c camo, brand new, $104 actionvillage, overstock!!!!!! what no body likes the camoflauge?? camos koolio!!
pbhalo View Drop Down
Guested - F-Bomb Dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by massproduce massproduce wrote:

98c camo, brand new, $104 actionvillage, overstock!!!!!! what no body likes the camoflauge?? camos koolio!!

its frikin woodland camo i dont think many people like woodland camo it dont belnd in very well
english 101 remedial kick ass
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:05pm
Good choice. There are tons of upgrades available for the 98c. Best of all, they're durable and reliable, so you can abuse them more than most guns.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:06pm
I paid $315 cdn for my 98 custom when I got it, and that was just with a hopper/ tools, no mask/ tank. Stupid sportslodge......

Either way, yeah, its a great starter gun.
captainSKWERLS View Drop Down

Strike 1 Spamming Special Ops Website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captainSKWERLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:10pm
i got a custom pro power pack of amazon for $150
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by pbhalo pbhalo wrote:

Originally posted by massproduce massproduce wrote:

its frikin woodland camo i dont think many people like woodland camo it dont belnd in very well

yeah, it doesn't blend in with trees, or bright red balloons as well as BLACK does...

you people... :P
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:47pm
get cproE...cuz u get the great A-5 system with the center feed and an egrip...all ur really missing is a vertical adapter and a hopper...wuld suggest a eggII or anything that doesnt agitate for a hopper...and if u dont like ur barrel get a new one...also u mite want get a JCS for a better trig ($30)....and maybe a harness ($20)

ok...cproE, hopper (eggII), barrel, tank, mask= $365....

Edited by jerseypaint - 30 April 2006 at 8:48pm
MyForce View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 5.6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 1:59am

Again - if you got the cash - get the A-5 notice the guns the last two posters have.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic