Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Valve Modifications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpvastes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpvastes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Valve Modifications
    Posted: 28 April 2006 at 2:57pm

Wel I made two mods on the A5 valve in order to obtain a better air flow into the power tube.  My mind is that everything that takes a not necessary place in the way of the air flow should be taken away...

1) the inner hole of the 02-71 valve washer can be enlarged with a round file. You can enlarge it by +/- 1millimeter(0.039inch).  Do not enlarge too much because the valve spring is behind the valve washer...and this spring MUST stay there 

2) on the body of the valve you can improve the air flow : with a small flat file, give a curved shape on the sharp edges in the two air flow groves on the back side of the body valve.  This will give an easier way out for the air flow into the power tube.  This mod does not affect the proper working of the cyclone feeder.

I do not have a velocimeter but I am sure this two small mods should increase (even a little) the air efficiency.  I will try it on the field next time we play (between 15 days).  I can check the velocity there...

I love Paintball...

Tippmann A5
Polished Int.
E-grip+JCS Duel Trig
Flatline/Smart Prts Freak 14
DOP RVA,Vert Adpt+XCore(gas-thru),Pro-seal,Bullet Drop Forward,Cyclone Vortex + QEV
HPA 91/4500 Crossfire
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 4:02pm
ok..cool

BTW- What the hell is a velocimeter? I think you mean chrono.
jpvastes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpvastes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 5:06pm
Yes of course a chrono. I call this a velocimeter. Calculates the speed (or velocity) in fps of the ball on the barrel muzzle.  

Edited by jpvastes - 28 April 2006 at 5:11pm
Tippmann A5
Polished Int.
E-grip+JCS Duel Trig
Flatline/Smart Prts Freak 14
DOP RVA,Vert Adpt+XCore(gas-thru),Pro-seal,Bullet Drop Forward,Cyclone Vortex + QEV
HPA 91/4500 Crossfire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic