FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

grenade launcher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 4:37pm

sorry i meant the length: across here

/---------------------\

and thanks for helping YouWontSeeMe

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:21pm

so i need to know:

1)the length of a squadbuster,

2)The average cost of a butterfly valve

3)and the average cost of a sprinkler valve with a soleniod

4) What length of pvc pipe barrel should i have for an under the gun launcher

seal160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seal160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:32pm
I am working on a under gun high tension spring m203.. donno how it will work but you never know it just may work..
---Team Leader---
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:48pm
I was being sarcastic.

I Have a squad buster sitting in my paintball bag. Gimme 5 minutes and I'll let you know the dimensions.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:53pm
Its approx 3.5". Hard to get it exactly because of the way it curves.

Edited by You Wont See Me - 27 April 2006 at 5:54pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by ak_storm ak_storm wrote:

carry a potato launcher..but insted of a potato use a grenade...i think that would work

that idea but duct tape it on you gun.

And good job You Wont See Me, EXACTLY 5 minutes.

Edited by estcstpnt - 27 April 2006 at 6:27pm
Thinking about it...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 7:52pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

thanks for that hah exactly 5 mins.

so what do you think about a 4" barrel

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 7:54pm

Originally posted by seal160 seal160 wrote:

I am working on a under gun high tension spring m203.. donno how it will work but you never know it just may work..

wow that has to be a pretty high tension spring. i dunno you could get a few small cartarages along with the spring and hide them.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

thanks for that hah exactly 5 mins.

so what do you think about a 4" barrel

Its gonna take alot of trial and error to find the right size. Too big and you waste air and thus have less distance, too small and it wont go out.

When I say 5 minutes, I mean 5 minutes.

Edited by You Wont See Me - 27 April 2006 at 9:32pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:37pm

wow very punctual---hah

aww i hate trial and error oh well i dont think pvc costs that much. so how about a 3.8" pvc barrel to start?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 10:13pm
Should work out fine.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 11:33pm
thanks now... how long?
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:47am
Okay a few things:

You have to check the pressure ratings on the parts you intend to use. Hooking a co2 tank into a cannon directly may be a bad ideal. 850 psi into a launcher with a valve that is rated for 600 psi (if you are using a brass ball valve) means you are 250 psi over the rated limit. Check the pressure ratings for the pipe you use for the pressure chamber and the ball valve, and fittings you use. Dont go over that pressure. I have never heard of anyone blowing this type of launcher up, but there is always a first time. Bolwing a hand off is not a fun day at the field. I use only black steal rated for pressurezed gas applications, and recommend that that be what you use. Galvanized pipe isnt pressure rated for gas.

Second, most electronic selonoid valves only go up to 125 psi or so. So a regular co2 tank will kill the seals pretty quick. If you do go that route, you need a regulator and pop off valve. You can get the pop off valve at some hardware stores or order it from Spudtech.com.

Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:57am
Prices:   Sprinkler valve   $15 at lowes, take 21 volts to open the valve, so three 9 volts does teh trick nicely.   I normally use two switches. One toggle to arm the system, then either a rocker of push button to fire it (Radio Shack). Ball valve (brass-pressure rated at 600psi) was around $12 I think, but I cant remember. Bought more sprinkler valves then ball valves.

As far as the Sqaud Buster, take off the cap and net, and straighten it out. Should fit in a 2 inch pvc barrel. May need some wadding in there before you toss the nad in there. Paper towels work for me. Barrel length, nothing over 2.5 to 3 foot considering it suppose to be an under barrel mounted launcher. That is really adding a ton of weight to the marker. You really dont want no 3 or 4 inch diameter barrel. Trust me, it is going to be way to heavy with the 2 inch.

Edited by Halo - 28 April 2006 at 4:06am
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:30pm

thanks for help, if i get a regulator can i decide how much pressure to let through? how much is one?

second, if i don't go with the regulator what is another good valve?

Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 1:44am
You can normally find a used AutoCocker Reg or something like that from the speedy ballers at your local field for cheap. And they are adjustable.

If I was going to hook a 20oz into it, the bare minimum I would use it a 600 psi brass ball valve, unless I got the reg. Most likely it will hold that pressure, as most thing will hold more pressure than they are rated for. I have never heard of a non regulated one blowing, but I just have bad luck and I would be the first. That is why I go with the 12 grams. It is really old technology, but it is easy and fairly safe.
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 9:50pm
do you think the 12 gram is enough to propel a grenade at that range?
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 3:12am
Well, it will launch a Nerf Pocket Vortex round about 75 to 100 yards. So it should. It's not like you are trying to send the grenade as far anyway.

I use to launch paintball rounds, bathroom cups full of about 15 to 20 paintballs, and they would get a fairly good distance. Say 25- 30 yards. That's pure guestamation on my part, I never really thought of the distance before. I was gonna blast a Squad Buster one day, but didnt. I decided to see how many times it took me throwing it to get it to bust. We use the wet willie grenades now. They actually work when you throw them.

Funny story, I played one entire scenario with the sole purpose of taking out a guy I play ball with at my home field. I bought a Zues off him and wanted to shoot him with it. Finally, three minutes to the last whistle, and he attacks my base single handed. Demos a building near me and starts poping shots. I turn around and has my launcher in my hand, and fire a single shot, with 20 rounds in it. He manages to dance through a cloud of paint, and not get hit. Dunks down behind the building he demoed and gets ready to demo the one next to it. I move in with the pistol, and he steps around the corner...eleminated, by someone that came around the other corner. That was a year ago, and I still havent got to shoot him.

Okay sorry for the side track story.

Edited by Halo - 30 April 2006 at 3:14am
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 9:48pm
good story though...

Anwyays, i'd rethink your plan to use a different brand of grenade.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:47pm
yes good story. nah the place i go paintballing (the most) only allows paint and grenades bought there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic