FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

grenade launcher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 12:19am
oh and do you think it wil be able to chrono under 280? My field allows them as long as they chrono under 280 and only use gas.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 6:43am
It should, but alot of that depends on the size of your pressure chamber and length of the barrel. I ran six inch and eight inch pressure chambers. 1 inch diameter. And the eight inch shoots harder. It lets more co2 out of the 12 gram to expand. So it is at a lower pressure, but at a higher volume.

And I love Tippmann, but thier Squad Busters suck big time. They dont compare to the Wet Willies. My field sales both.    If Tippmann switched the rubber plugs for ball bearings like many of the other grenades use, then they would work perfectly. And they would be the absolute best grenade out there. May cost a bit more to produce, but they would make up for it in sales.

Edited by Halo - 01 May 2006 at 6:45am
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 3:26pm
ok thanks. i guess if i get a regulator that wil help chrono right? yes but still my field only sells them.
massproduce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massproduce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 4:07am
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 5:05am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

ok thanks. i guess if i get a regulator that wil help chrono right? yes but still my field only sells them.

Well, the Reg is only recesary depending on what type of launcher you are gonna build. The 12 gram, it really isnt required. That launcher will shoot at pretty much the same velocity every time, depending on what the outside temp is. The hotter it is outside the harder it will shoot. It isnt gonna be alot of difference between a 75 degree day and an 80 degree day.

Cold work teh same way, but in opposite. The more shots you do, the colder the pressure chamber becomes and you start getting shoot down. But unless you are just doign continuos firing, it isnt a major concern.

Halo
CDPaintbal.com
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:41am
You won't be able to use a co2 tank hooked up directly unless all of your components (including the pipe) are rated to over 1000psi.

I have some awesome plans, but you can't have them *sticks tongue out*  i haven't made it yet.  I'll show you all when it's done so you can be jelouse.

Yes 1 12gram will be strong enough.

What do you want from the launcher, concentrate on what you want and you'll figure out aplan to make it happen.  For example, I wanted mine to be able to fire more than one shots (so 12oz co2 for fuel) I wanted to use a sprinkler valve (so double regulation to 100psi) and I  wanted it to be quick to reload (breach loading).

After a few minutes of thinking of what you want i'm sure you'll figure it out with some thought.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 3:46pm

thanks for help/imput. hmm intresting more than one shots per game. though if i were to hook a normal tank up to a regulator i may be able to do that.

bty raven what city do u live in (kinda random i know)

massproduce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massproduce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by massproduce massproduce wrote:

Originally posted by TheBaldGuy TheBaldGuy wrote:

www.balloonbazooka.com

http://balloonbazooka.com/three_balloons_wmv.wmv

http://balloonbazooka.com/twelve_balloons_wmv.wmv

^^lol this looks great, why wouldnt this work?

Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 5:34am
Ravenguard, remember the pop off valve. You can get them on spudtech.com. I think his are rated for 125 psi, which would be perfect for what your building. It is nice to have, incase you regulator sticks open. I know, I am parinoid.

massproduce,   That would work, probally pretty well. Cost $99, and that is more than I want to spend. But for someone who doesnt want the hassel to build thier own, and doesnt mind the extra expence, it would be perfect. Heck, load some ballons up with a paint mixture, and splatter the heck out of people.

Edited by Halo - 12 May 2006 at 5:37am
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic