Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

way too cool off during play

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pbghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: way too cool off during play
    Posted: 20 April 2006 at 9:38pm

Have you ever just wanted to cool off while you were in the scorching hot sun playing paintball but couldnt because you were in the middle of the game well i found a way to help cool yourself off. By installing a fan in front of your mask. the fan is powerful enough to cool you down and it is quite so you can turn it on while you wait to ambush your opponets. and it doesnt take up any room that you need. its Out of reach of all facial skin.

swift and silent, pbghost
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 10:52pm

I like it.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:19pm
i just drop my pants to cool off... 
pbghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:21pm
now thats funny but that might hurt a lil bit if u get shot with ur pants down

Edited by pbghost - 20 April 2006 at 11:22pm
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

I like it.

ditto.  but i gotta request a pic of the mask from the front veiw. 
X
pbghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:51am
it didnt effect the fron cause i just zipped tied it in there
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:27am

kind of how the big masks that people wear in Disney land when they dress up lick Micky Mouse. My dad used to do that crime dog... McGruff "Help take a bite out of crim"

their were fans in the head peice so he dind't over heat. He even used them in the inter because it got so hot in their.

If done right, the air could also be made to flow over the lenses, reduceing fogging. I have a full face respirator with a powered air suplyer (not an air tank, a fan sucks air through filters) that pumps the air into the mask, keeping me cool and my lens from fogging.

This is a great idea

You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
wolf2jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolf2jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:01am

I did this but have you played with it yet,

Because when i did it it was on the boucy matiral[sp] andwhen i got hit there the fan hit me in the mouth

Edited by wolf2jester - 21 April 2006 at 8:01am
pbghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:41am
ive put it through a lot of tests but its not field tested yet. But ive already made sure that if it cought my tongue or lip that it wouldnt tdo any damage.
drumlinefreek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumlinefreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 4:05pm
Already been thought of, PMI manufactures goggles with built in fans.
A-5
J&J 14"
Double trig

Outkast Sniper II- rolling with the pump world
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:37pm

Originally posted by drumlinefreek drumlinefreek wrote:

Already been thought of, PMI manufactures goggles with built in fans.

those fans r way smaller and go over your forehead

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by wolf2jester wolf2jester wrote:

Because when i did it it was on the boucy matiral[sp] andwhen i got hit there the fan hit me in the mouth

HAHA

Way to think things though....
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
quiet riot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quiet riot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:46pm
srry to tell u but they make maskes with fans in them
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are the 2% that are normal, put this in your sig.

dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:51pm
yhe he just said that but anyway i like yurs better because near your mouth could u possibly make some makeshift plans of somethin...u could PM me sumtime or just post em
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth
pbghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:09pm

ok i havent drawn up plans or anything but I can explain how to do it.

Materials needed:

• small computer fan about 2"x2"( i got mine out of a broke computer but most computer stores sells them)
  • min of 7 zip ties
  • an on/off switch(like out of a remote control car, i got mine off a broke one)
  • 9volt batter connector(like the connector in alot of alarm clocks that connects to a 9volt battery, this is where i got my connector)
  • 9vot battery
  • electrical tape

take the fan off the mont its on. The fan has 3 wires gets the wires seperated so u can test which 2 you need. Find the 2 you need by putting diffrent combinations on the battery.

next cut the wire off that u dont need so it doesnt get in the way. now put the batter conector on the 9volt and make sure you know which wire to hook to the positve and which to the negative.now Connect the one set of wires together then tape it up.

With the other set of wires connect the wires to the on/off switch.now tape it up.

you should now have a working fan with a on off switch.

to conect the fan to the mask you have to line up the screw holes of the fan with the slots in front of your mask it doesnt have to be perfect> take a zip tie anp wrap it through the screw hole and throug the vent hole. Do this for each of the screw holes there should be 4.ok now find a place on the side of your mask where u can put the battery so that its out of the way of your face. I zipped tied mine to the mask through the slots that were already there. You may have to drill ho;es to zip tie your battery to the mask. Make sure you wrap your battery with electrical type that way the zip tie can grasp the battery easier and theres less risk of it sliding out. Now find a place to install your on off switch and zip tie it there. now you should have successfully installed your fan. I will add pics of each step later if i find more spare parts lying around.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:13pm

X
Stoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 1:35pm

I'd like to say something, but I can't think of anything to come back to this. It's already perfect!

Anyways, I work in a computer/paintball store, and I deal with these fans all the time. You can pretty much jam your finger into them and they will just stop; they spin fast but are easily stopped and have a weak motor, so if you do get shot there and the fan somehow hits you in the mouth/tongue/lips, chances are good that you won't need any reconstructive surgery afterwards.

Edited by Stoz - 25 April 2006 at 1:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic