FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My dad = fired.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Savage93fvss Savage93fvss wrote:

Dude, 5 hours a day. Your not gonna go to the olyimpics. Get a job. You stop swimming and work instead of swimming thats about 125bucks a week, assuming you would make 6/an hour. Thats enough to contribute quite abit towards your family.

No but I am looking to get a SCHOLARSHIP. Jesus christ, its not like im doing it because it tickles. And by your logic, if im not going to be the best, why try? Makes sense to me. I'd also say that if I even if I dont improve at all and get the same scholarships a team mate of mine was offered who did equally well as me, the $40,000 I would save my parents and myself over the 4 years of college would be much more worth $125 a week.

Please dont think you suggesting things using your retarded logic will get me to change any single facet of my life. Im not a child, and I know, or at least have a much better idea of whats best for me or my family.
Savage93fvss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:08pm
Well if they didnt have to pay for the medical bills of you having aids........lol
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:51am

Well if they didnt have to pay for the medical bills of you having aids........lol

ya lol ^_^

You have a lot to learn.
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:24am

Dude, 5 hours a day. Your not gonna go to the olyimpics. Get a job. You stop swimming and work instead of swimming thats about 125bucks a week, assuming you would make 6/an hour. Thats enough to contribute quite abit towards your family.
make your dad quit his job and work a $6 per hour job in his place and tell us how that turns out.
Sig is WAY too big.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 9:09am
Gatyr can live with me. We just renovated our house so there is plenty of extra space. Sleepovers!
///AMG What?
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:19am

Gatyr... sorry to hear about your situation.

I know the last thing you want to hear is some idiot on the computer telling you to "hang on and it will work out."   But, that is exactly what will happen.   Your Dad has obviously worked hard for many years, its not like he will be idle for long, especially in the trucking industry.    It may be difficult for a little bit, but speaking from experience, it will probably be better for your Dad and your family in the long run since he now knows what to look for in prospective new employers.   Please keep us updated!

As for the HOA... as long as your parents can show that the claim was turned in to your Insurance Company, it is not their place to sue for "Violations" with regard to Acts of God.   Your parents need to send a Certified Letter to the HOA and explain the situation.   The suit should be dropped.

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:21am
Oh, and keep swimming.   I'm sure that the last thing that your parents want is for you to stop.   It sounds like your parents are good people and regardless of their own personal comfort, they will find a way to make sure that you get the best it is possible for them to provide.
"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Jesus christ, its not like im
doing it because it tickles.

Best bit of sarcasm I've seen on here in a long time. 15 Points for gatyr for funniness.
XenoSabre View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
o@_ _ _ <-- Snail with diarrhea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XenoSabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 11:40am
Home Owners Associations are a joke. I understand that they are there to stop neighborhoods from becoming trashy or whatever, but most of the time they just pick on the people who really can't help it, instead of the people who just don't care. They seem to be more concerned with being politically correct than anything else. And most of the time, the neighborhoods they govern go to the crapper anyway. Sometimes, I'm glad I live in the country.
[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/Xeno-Sabre/kutaragi.png">
http://xeno-sabre.deviantart.com/
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 11:58am
Originally posted by XenoSabre XenoSabre wrote:

Home Owners Associations are a joke. I understand that they are there to stop neighborhoods from becoming trashy or whatever, but most of the time they just pick on the people who really can't help it, instead of the people who just don't care. They seem to be more concerned with being politically correct than anything else. And most of the time, the neighborhoods they govern go to the crapper anyway. Sometimes, I'm glad I live in the country.
Agree wholeheartedly.

When looking for a house to buy, I immediately ruled out any property that had an HOA. And when I move again... I will again refuse to even consider any property subject to HOA.   Refuse.

Hard to avoid when buying a townhouse or condo though.

I may be living paycheck to paycheck, and survive by eating peanuts, pretzels and Brita water throughout the day instead of an actual "lunch"... but I take comfort knowing I can do whatever I want to my home without someone else telling me I can't.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:03pm
Shorty... I agree!   You get caught naked in the living room with the neighbors poodle and a jar of peanut butter ONE TIME and they label you for life.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 4:21pm
Peanut butter is so good. Crunchy. Fo sho.

mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:03pm
sorry to hear that about your Dad.  Like RR stated above, he shouldn't have a hard time looking for another job in the trucking industry.  He has more than enough experience under his belt and his driving history will not be overlooked by potential employers.
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
Savage93fvss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:53pm

Did he drive a big truck or just one of the single axel trailers and single axel trucks, because if he drove the small trucks (not the delivery vans) but the small big trucks persay he'll have a hard time findin a job.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic