FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oblivion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oblivion
    Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:32pm

Oops if this has already been posted, but I don't feel like searching right now.

Just bought it yesterday-I'm totally blown away. The graphics are the best I've ever seen on the PC, and the gameplay is the best I've played since the Zelda games on the N64.

But what really amazed me is how it ran-I've got a Pentium D 2.8, 512 Megs of RAM, and a GeForce 6800 and it runs almost perfect with only the occasional hiccup on 1280 res and the details turned up. The only thing I had to turn down was the view distance and the shadows-but the HDR lighting (which you have to see to understand why this game looks so awesome), the effects, and the textures are all turned completely up.

If you've got the system to run it, or a 360, go buy this game now,

Edited by stratoaxe - 19 April 2006 at 10:36pm
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:33pm
I played it for a bit on my friend's 360, and was impressed
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:35pm
I have it for the computer and its a really good game.
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:40pm
I didn't know it was available for PC.
Alex from Diggnation just gave a huge plug for it (360 version) in their most recent podcast. Said graphics were sick, AI is awesome, very imersive... 75 hours of your life gone... etc.
I'll look into it.
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:42pm
i'm more of a fable kind of guy

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:43pm
Fable was also a good game but really short.
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Fable was also a good game but really short.

that's why i liked it ;]

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:44pm
My computer couldn't handle it. But one of my close friends jsut bought a 360. Unfortunately he has no games and cant get any untill next paycheck.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 11:53pm
It is a fantastic game. Already played 100+ hours since it's release.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 1:23am
ya i got it for my 360...i havent played it much just 25 hours so far...but ya...i love it...

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:02am
I've been playing the crap out of it, and I'm competing with my wife for time to play. I like the quests, and she likes to steal everything she can to sell off, then buy and furnish houses.

I love the way it looks, I like the way it plays. I don't like leveled enemies, never have. Just because my character is a high level doesn't mean he's got the combat skills to take on two spider daedra and a mage summoning a storm atronach face to face. Granted I'm sneaky enough to get massive hits in before I'm seen, but sometimes you're stuck facing too many at once.

I'm done with the Dark Brotherhood quests, and the Thieves quests, plus plenty of wandering, and now I'm on to the Main quest. Oblivion is very tough for my assassin character. The creatures there are tough enough that I have to pick my way along, beating each one and then saving. It takes a very long time.

That said, the game is just fun to play. I like wandering around, except for the minotaurs all over the place now. What I liked about Morrowind was that there were certain places you just didn't go because the enemies were to tough, and that later on there were places the enemies were just very easy, as they should be when you're powerful enough to overthrow Dagoth Ur.

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:06am
I dont have a powerful enough computer nor do I have the 360. I wont be purchasing either until I get a new car so it looks like I wont be playing it for a long time which is probably a good thing. The game looks amazing. I am very jealous of you guys playing it but oh well.
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if Id have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:35pm
 I saw my friend play it on his computer and I thought it was amazing.
Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:42pm
Oblivion will be one of those games I finally get to play in the distant future.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 4:53pm
Went and bought it on release day for my 360 and have loved since then.  It is an amazing game.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

Oblivion will be one of those games I finally get to play in the distant future.

Its like watching an old movie, then wanting to talk about it with people way too far down the road.
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:43pm
why isnt there a demo out i just searched for one...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic