Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AK-47 HELP,installation,screws on crooked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-=Tippmann=- View Drop Down

"i got hit in the family jewels ... "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AK-47 HELP,installation,screws on crooked
    Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:43pm
I have an A-5 and i got the BT AK-47 barrel for it. But whenever I screw it on it ends up tightned crooked. I can't figure this out because no matter which way i position it when i screws on it comes out crooked. Please help this is my first customization on my A-5 and BT is no help/
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 6:54pm
Are the threads on the screws clean? If so, you may have a stripped thread on the female end of the screw.
-=Tippmann=- View Drop Down

"i got hit in the family jewels ... "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 7:21pm
All my threads were fine......Thanks for the reply, I just fixed it and it was a pain. I had to take the whole thing apart, screw the barrel in and then line everything up and put it back together while the barrel is screwed in. It fixed the problem though, now i can unscrew it and put it back on and its perfectly aligned.

Did anyone ever have to do this before?
ComradeNash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComradeNash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 11:24am
it is a typical problem for AK owners of all makes (I have an old Ops-Gear.)  You will find it will probably get mis-aligned sometime in the future after a barrel removal.  You just have to realign it again as you already did.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 7:51pm
Same thing happened to my brothers BT16. I dont recommend BT barrels for other reasons too, but whatever.

Make sure that when you unscrew it you hold the barrel end instead of the handguard assembly.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic