Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Rider= Lever action Paintball gun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Rider= Lever action Paintball gun.
    Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:26pm

Wouldn't it be cool if a "BB gun" company made a Paintball gun. Now I'm  talking basicaly a Red rider with larger, removeable barrel and reinforced parts or parts made some sort of metal. Now there would be problems with it such as controling Velocity and ROF. Also what kind of hopper would it take if any? But heck! If I could get my hands on one of thos, I'd quite speedball and play stricly rec ball. I might have to do some tinkering tonight to see what It would take and see if it would be acutaly possible.

Pros: Never ever have to buy air, could be very consitent run on pressurized air, and it would just look ganster.

Cons: Very slow rate of fire and ???s about how much punch the red rider air pump has..... could it projest a Paintball?????? Thats all I could come up with.

Please don't Flame the heck out of me.

Any Thoughts on the Idea. Input a preciated.

Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:28pm
You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Make it tube fed with spring pressure. Magazine on top of the barrel. Not sure you will be able to generate enough pressure to fire 300fps though.
RLTW
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Ken Majors Ken Majors wrote:

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Make it tube fed with spring pressure. Magazine on top of the barrel. Not sure you will be able to generate enough pressure to fire 300fps though.
BB guns already go around 300fps..and most fields only allow 280 fps so not quite 300 fps.
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:46pm
I'd buy one for the heck of it.
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:56pm
sounds interesting.  good concept actually....
X
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Cheetos3254 Cheetos3254 wrote:

BB guns already go around 300fps..and most fields only allow 280 fps so not quite 300 fps.

A paintball is a much larger projectile, requiring a larger amount of air to launch.
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 6:21am
the problem that i can see with this is a lot of bb guns you can pump over and over, thus achieving a greater velocity..........i dont want to get hit with a ball going 400 fps please
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
Wubadoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wubadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:55pm
plausable concept.  you could probably get a hold of some drawings of real lever action rifles and add in a plunger to compress the air needed for firing,  but i could be kinda hard to generate enough pressure in just one pump (which is the only way it would seem practical to do this)
Wubadoo
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:44pm
hmm.  You'd need some huge intricate pump design to make it stockpile enough pressure in a single pump.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:35pm
ill refer back to my previous post and ask "what happens if some joker decides to pump ten or twenty times???"

If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
bigjrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigjrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:41pm
From what I have remembered owning a Red-Ryder BB gun, it was spring loaded but after you pumped it once you could not pump it again. It would either be a very simple or extremely difficult to make some sort of peice to keep from "multi" pumping. All around a good idea of sorts, great for scenario play like civil war or something.

P.S If anyone was wondering, I cant hardly make it on here to post so much, just pop in every now and again.

Edited by bigjrus - 19 April 2006 at 4:42pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by Cheetos3254 Cheetos3254 wrote:

A paintball is a much larger projectile, requiring a larger amount of air to launch.

This^^^ is what I was getting at.....<sigh>.

This is a plausible idea. Not sure about it being a single pump. Probably need to be a multiple pump, unless you increase the size of the piston and air chamber.
RLTW
bigjrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigjrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:59pm
Im sure if one of us looks hard enough or is smart enough with math and equations there would be a plausible equation for the size of the piston and chamber to amount of pressure needed to reach velocity. or find a spring big enough for it lol.
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:05pm
 Ok Rd rider BB gun=365fps. Paintballs have a bigger mass then a bb so I'm thinking some were around 240-260fps.  Kinda scard to saw off Barrel and take the whole thing apart. Also, If you could do this, You could make one out of a Pellet Gun. At Ten pumps BB fps reaches around 650fps. That wiuld suck and I don't think it would be that accurate, this is a major Idea and I'm so going to try it out.
kevinthegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:16pm
good luck, I've thought about this but never tried it. hope you can get it to work.

if you do, you could definitely sell them on ebay
Tippmann A-5
Polished internals
4.2 inch rifled barrel
Destroyed OD paintjob
Love
bigjrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigjrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 11:19pm
I have been thinking about it, the barrel consist of a tube of steel with plastic on the inside for the bb( if i remember my old one), I was thinking it might be just the right size for the paintball without the plastic on the inside. Hmmm maybe some blueprinting and a good machinist and this could be a wise idea. ( i want .5% if this goes big lol jp)

Edited by bigjrus - 19 April 2006 at 11:19pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 2:28am
Originally posted by MoNkeY Hunter MoNkeY Hunter wrote:

Ok Rd rider BB gun=365fps. Paintballs have a bigger mass then a bb so I'm thinking some were around 240-260fps.  Kinda scard to saw off Barrel and take the whole thing apart. Also, If you could do this, You could make one out of a Pellet Gun. At Ten pumps BB fps reaches around 650fps. That wiuld suck and I don't think it would be that accurate, this is a major Idea and I'm so going to try it out.

Hate to be a prick but you are going to have to show your calculations for me to buy that.
The idea is valid, and quite possibly something that may sell.
It will require someone to build one of these beasts.
I would buy one. I have been wanting a pump action shotgun for years now. Sceptre teased me...then cancelled the project.
This would even be cooler than a pump gun. No 12 grams needed.
But even they were needed I would still buy one.
Cool factor is big in the scenario world.
Not sure what happened to Scepter and the pump shotgun looking pump gun.
I would have given a cool $1000 for one of those....but they don't exist. And probably never will.
RLTW
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 2:50am

this probably wouldn't be to hard to do. Useing smaller caliber paint balls, and make it so it runs off one of those 12g CO2 canisters, lever would simply load the Ball and reset the bolt. Ultimately its just a pump action. Forget about modifying a bigger pressure chamber and all. Just need to put in CO2, and with plastic stocks, their is a lot of room.

Edit - I think their is a CO2 lever action BB gun out their. I know I've seen CO2 powered BB rifles, just don't know if it was lever action or not.

Edited by plasoccri - 20 April 2006 at 2:55am
You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 4:42pm
red riders are crappp. i dont think they even shoot 200 fps. the better bb guns do for sure though, i think a couple go like 1000+
bigjrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigjrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:50am
Ok quick questing would you rather be hit at 200 fps or 1000+ fps? hmmm? Ok then, the ones that reach such a high felosity need more than one pump, I think he is trying to go with one that only needs one and not several.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic