Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Rider= Lever action Paintball gun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bigjrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigjrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:41pm
From what I have remembered owning a Red-Ryder BB gun, it was spring loaded but after you pumped it once you could not pump it again. It would either be a very simple or extremely difficult to make some sort of peice to keep from "multi" pumping. All around a good idea of sorts, great for scenario play like civil war or something.

P.S If anyone was wondering, I cant hardly make it on here to post so much, just pop in every now and again.

Edited by bigjrus - 19 April 2006 at 4:42pm
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 4:35pm
ill refer back to my previous post and ask "what happens if some joker decides to pump ten or twenty times???"

If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:44pm
hmm.  You'd need some huge intricate pump design to make it stockpile enough pressure in a single pump.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Wubadoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wubadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:55pm
plausable concept.  you could probably get a hold of some drawings of real lever action rifles and add in a plunger to compress the air needed for firing,  but i could be kinda hard to generate enough pressure in just one pump (which is the only way it would seem practical to do this)
Wubadoo
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 6:21am
the problem that i can see with this is a lot of bb guns you can pump over and over, thus achieving a greater velocity..........i dont want to get hit with a ball going 400 fps please
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Cheetos3254 Cheetos3254 wrote:

BB guns already go around 300fps..and most fields only allow 280 fps so not quite 300 fps.

A paintball is a much larger projectile, requiring a larger amount of air to launch.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:56pm
sounds interesting.  good concept actually....
X
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:46pm
I'd buy one for the heck of it.
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Ken Majors Ken Majors wrote:

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Make it tube fed with spring pressure. Magazine on top of the barrel. Not sure you will be able to generate enough pressure to fire 300fps though.
BB guns already go around 300fps..and most fields only allow 280 fps so not quite 300 fps.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:28pm
You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Make it tube fed with spring pressure. Magazine on top of the barrel. Not sure you will be able to generate enough pressure to fire 300fps though.
RLTW
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:26pm

Wouldn't it be cool if a "BB gun" company made a Paintball gun. Now I'm  talking basicaly a Red rider with larger, removeable barrel and reinforced parts or parts made some sort of metal. Now there would be problems with it such as controling Velocity and ROF. Also what kind of hopper would it take if any? But heck! If I could get my hands on one of thos, I'd quite speedball and play stricly rec ball. I might have to do some tinkering tonight to see what It would take and see if it would be acutaly possible.

Pros: Never ever have to buy air, could be very consitent run on pressurized air, and it would just look ganster.

Cons: Very slow rate of fire and ???s about how much punch the red rider air pump has..... could it projest a Paintball?????? Thats all I could come up with.

Please don't Flame the heck out of me.

Any Thoughts on the Idea. Input a preciated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic