Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12oz..20oz?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mgs251 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgs251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12oz..20oz?
    Posted: 17 April 2006 at 2:10pm
         Hi, Im still haveing some issues with my gun..can you tell me how many balls a 12oz should get? my 98c has a r/t ...the drive spring i use to make the r/t work seems to be useing a load of co2..but if i get a smaller spring it wont work..right now..the gun shoots about 1 hopper full (200 balls) with a 12oz..that seems a bit unusual to me considering my shutter last all day on a 12 of woodball..how many does a 12oz normally get? Im going to pick up a 20oz today and try it out later..IM thinking of removeing the r/t so i can just use the regular drive spring..cause the gun runs sooooo much more efficient unless i can make it  more efficent with the r/t ..i dont even really do full auto with the r/t either..i have it tuned low to where it shoots auto..but only about 1/2 balls a second..i figured that would help me..but it didnt..thanks
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 7:33pm
With my RT I just use the stock spring.  And since the RT uses excess gas to reset the sear it doesnt use more co2.  You might want to check to see if you have any air leaks in the gun.
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:27pm
a 12 oz tank should be getting about 400-600 balls through it.  and i reccomend what pntbl freak said, make sure you dont have leaks. because the responce trigger doenst use gas only excess gasses. a 20oz tank get around 900-1200 shots(what i normally get, or even more)
what?
mgs251 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgs251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:21pm
Well i know a r/t doesnt use more co2..but the drive spring that comes with the r/t package is stronger..thus letting more air out of gun..correct? and there are no leaks..none..just a bunch of co2 useage..i think i need a bit lighter spring..i need to replace the one that comes with the r/t package..but i dont know if i can get just the spring without buying the hwole package again..oh yea..and i cant use the stock spring to lower the co2 usage because the r/t refuses to work then cause not enough co2 is being used..i dunno

EDIT If you can tell me how long your drive spring is..ill get a new one on tippmann parts and try that out also..cause mine is REEEALLY long..probably too long and thats why its letting out too much air..the only part i dont understand is if i use one a little smaller then the one i got in my gun right now..the gun wont waste enough excess gas to use the r/t..thanks

Edited by mgs251 - 18 April 2006 at 10:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic