Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sniperball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sniperball
    Posted: 03 April 2006 at 4:45pm

OK i know there have been a lot of ideas regarding better paintball "bullets" and what-not.  But i've got an idea, there is something called a "sniperball" that was released around '92-'93, and it was basically like the back of a nerf ball that u glued onto your paintball. 

From the person i heard used them, they worked well w/ distance and accuracy(and were extremely consistent), even w/ C02 and the guns around that time.

I think it'd be an awesome idea to make one again, and make a paintball that has walls inside it, so that the paint will rotate... so say you're shooting through a rifled barrel, it'll actually spin w/ the "bullet."

OK, now you guys can kill me for being another person trying to better the paintball.

Edited by danieljk - 03 April 2006 at 4:45pm
O look, there's nothing here!
the flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 5:06pm
you said you glued something onto your paintball right? Well then you would have to do a lot of gluing unless you are going to hit first shot no matter what

perhaps the greatest movie ever
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 5:08pm
I think they came automatically glued on(balls included).
Jman27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jman27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 5:28pm
eh
Go Buckeyes
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 5:37pm
and how would u load these?
X
-=Tippmann=- View Drop Down

"i got hit in the family jewels ... "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 6:10pm
Probally fully manual or by clips because you wouldn't be able to use a hopper i dont think.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:00pm
Oh boy. This thread is going to get very verbally violent.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:50pm
I would laugh histarically at you... but I'm to tired so I'll just do it the no fun way and say, no.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:02am
it's just not practical.  with todays advances, i don't think we really need these sniper balls. 
X
MVM91 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filter Dodge 3/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVM91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:48pm
i dont like the idea but the wall one sounds intriguing
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 6:00pm

Yeah that was my own idea(the walls), can't take credit for the sniperball concept however.

The wall is way more practical... and it could actually reinforce the paintball so not only is the paint spinning w/ the momentum, but the paintball is reinforced to stay in the shape of a perfect circle... i have a good thinking this would help the flatline/apex barrels a LOT.

However i think it'd cost a bit more.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 7:01pm

Why reinforce balls when people want brittle paint?

I have taken Lens bounces and Hopper bounces along with body bounces. Why make a harder ball that will make stuff like that easier?

Que pasa?

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 7:45pm
For the 90 millionth time, paint already spins just fine. If it didnt spin, the flatline wouldnt work.
kevinthegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 9:26pm
ZOMG $n1p3r b477s!!!!1one11!
Tippmann A-5
Polished internals
4.2 inch rifled barrel
Destroyed OD paintjob
Love
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 9:38pm

PRAISE ALLAH!

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 4:23pm
Pretty much figured it was a bad idea, but it was worth a shot
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 5:49pm
They arent "bullets." They are "paintballs"
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:27pm
Hence the quotes. Ya know, "" <- those things
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 10:32am
Originally posted by danieljk danieljk wrote:

Hence the quotes. Ya know, "" <- those things

Owned.
g0dam0ng1n53ct5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dam0ng1n53ct5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 1:03pm
Paintball bullets do exist. Military and police officers use them for training, and they are very realistic, having trajectory somewhat similar to that of a real bullet. They are actually housed in a casing until they are fired. Don't ask me what propellant they use. Most of the time they are conversion kits for a firearm. RAP however, has guns built to specifically fire from a casing (though the casing is simply a rubber tube that holds the ball).

The point is, for a bunch of friends to go out in the woods, have some fun and shoot each other, if you need anything more accurate than a standard gun, buy a flatline. If you need something more accurate than that, it'll be expensive, and more than likely unnecessary.
Remember there are companies like Tippmann and RAP whose job is to improve paintball. Not to mention the fact that military is working on the same thing for riot control. (They even made a paintball filled with powdered peppers to induce vomiting and disorientation... sounds like fun eh?)

Better than an attached doohicky on the back of the paintball would simply be a paintball whose shell is formed in the shape of a traditional bullet. It's been proven over hundreds of years. For that, a rifled barrel would definitely help. With a round ball, you would actually like to maintain some misshapenness, odd as it may sound. The seam itself stabilizes it, much the same way as the indentations of a golfball help it to fly straighter.

www.simunition.com
http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-markers-rap5-c-21_158_80 .html
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic