Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

taking out the spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
E-Wall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-Wall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taking out the spring
    Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:13pm
   I was searching trigger mods for the 98 custom and heard that taking out the spring on the gun is the best thing to do to lighten the pull.  Is this only for the responce or can you do this with the normal triggger set up.  I also have a double trigger if that matters.  Is there a place where i can find directions on this?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:19pm
This will only work for an R/T otherwise you would not be able to return the trigger..
MC_TP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC_TP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:47pm
If you mean the trigger spring, you can do this with a gun without R/T. I did this on my CP (which is stock except for the AA barrel) and it still works fine...
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:53pm
Yeah you can remove the trigger spring and the weight of the sear will still be more then enough (when the bolt is not back the trigger will be weightless though) That was the first mod I did to my 98c.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 8:15pm
It will work without the R/T. And it's very simple to do. Just take apart your gun, and take out the trigger spring.
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:41pm
either that mod or clicky pen spring(weaker)
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:44pm
It will work for both snake.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
crazy_dave View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:29pm
YWSM, i remember i brought this "no-spring" mod up and you
and about 10 other forumers totally jummped on my balls
telling me the trigger would always jam.
Yes, it works w/o the responce trigger
Real guns have gills.
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 12:00am
ya it works but u have to return the trigger yourself cuz without a r/t or a spring there is no way to do it other then your finger
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
MC_TP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC_TP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 12:55am
Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

ya it works but u have to return the trigger yourself cuz without a r/t or a spring there is no way to do it other then your finger

Wrong. The sear will reset it for you...
3hb78ftg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3hb78ftg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 6:52pm
If you add a trigger stop it will help a lot and also give you faster response time. My personal experience has been to use the Pilot Easytouch retractable ball point point pen (medium) that I got at Kmart. You have to cut it a little shorte but it works like a dream.
"While invisible, I see and destroy."
casper8x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casper8x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:25pm
I have used the pen spring mod without R/T. Worked great, took out the spring pull was even lighter. I am currently using no return spring with R/T works fine as well.

Also i did a trigger stop mod prior to the R/T Everything worked well then too.

In short if you are stock/no R/t take the spring out and make yourself a triggerstop  in conjuction they worked very well.

Edited by casper8x - 03 April 2006 at 8:28pm
Milled & Cut 98Custom
A.P.E. Board
Polished Int.
Palmer's Stab.
Apex mounted on C.P. Classic
Center-Fed Halo B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic