Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remotes for 4500psi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ace Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remotes for 4500psi
    Posted: 01 April 2006 at 4:44am
I have been surfing the web trying to find a remote system that says that it is tested for 4500psi...  and to no avail, all I can find are remotes tested for 3000psi.  Does a remote exist that can safely handle an N2 tank that holds 4500, or have I wasted my money in buying such a tank.   If a remote system does exist that can handle 4500psi can someone please tell me of this remote.  Thanks once again...  Ace
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:05am
The 3000psi will be ok as the gas coming out of the tank is a max of 850psi using comp-air .
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:43am
Yes, the tank does not release 4500 psi...
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Savior_six View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Air Force - Woot!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savior_six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:52pm
Like they said, the tank is able to hold 4500psi. It dosent let that much out, that would be the output pressure. The highest is around 850psi I believe. All remotes should be able to handle a 4500psi tank.
Team Salem, Kuwait 08
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 5:16am

Originally posted by Ace Kicker Ace Kicker wrote:

I have been surfing the web trying to find a remote system that says that it is tested for 4500psi...  and to no avail, all I can find are remotes tested for 3000psi.  Does a remote exist that can safely handle an N2 tank that holds 4500, or have I wasted my money in buying such a tank.   If a remote system does exist that can handle 4500psi can someone please tell me of this remote.  Thanks once again...  Ace

Ace,

You are not aware as to the output pressure of your tank? The valve body in an HPA tank contains a regulator. Most common is the fixed 850 psi output (called a high pressure output tank). There is another that provides about 400 psi, called a low pressure output. And a variable output tank that has an adjustable regulator which you can set at any pressure desire.

All remotes can handle 3000 psi which is well below the output of the tank. Also be aware that all HPA tanks have both  high pressure and low pressure safety burst disks. One that will blow if the tank exceeds its safety margins, and the other that will blow if the regulator screws up causing output to exceed its margins. The low pressure burst disk ruptures at, usually, 1500 to 1800 psi.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 02 April 2006 at 5:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic