Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Custom Cyclone Feed System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AgentMidian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentMidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Custom Cyclone Feed System
    Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:48am
I have been playing for a couple of months now, and now I have started the upgrade proccess. I have a barrel, double trigger, remote, harness, better mask, but I dont know what else to upgrade other than a hopper because mine keeps on jamming and breaking the balls. I went to the local paintshop "Pegleg Paintball" and they said I should get a Cyclone Feed System. I was wandering if this was a good idea. I have heard some good stuff about the Cyclone Feed System, but never used one. Thanks All.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:07am
It's a good upgrade , reliable performance
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:42am
i love the cyclone.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 6:36pm
mechanicle, dependable, reliable, trusty, water doesn't bother it, batteryless, I could go on forever.  Your proshop told you right man!
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
Mc Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mc Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 7:42pm
get the cyclone feed it will hardly ever break a ball i have put 3 1/2 cases through my A-5 and the previous owner put about 5 with out a sigle break
Mc Wolf

Mess With The Best Get Shot Like The Rest!!!
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:41pm
The cyclone feed is awsome. I installed it on my 98c and it feeds fine with my r/t. No breaks at all.
rdcisneros3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdcisneros3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:53am
I concur. The CFS is an awesome upgrade. Just stay away from RPS Bill Ball paintballs. My Cyclone tore those apart. Anything else works great.
Donny Cisneros
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:05am
if u woodsball i think the cyclone is for u, speedball i would get different cuase if u get in to it real heavyand get a ion or something(personaly i dont like them) ur gonna need a new hopper again. i would get an evolution 2 then upgrade the bard if u get an r/t or e-grip
the flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 4:18pm
yea get the cyclone[i love mine] and then if your gun accepts it get the egrip if it doesnt accept it get the response trigger[check to see if the number on the gun is greater than 8500 if it is then the egrip will work

perhaps the greatest movie ever
flatlandpercy View Drop Down

THIS ONE TIME, TOM......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlandpercy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:37am
yup cyclone all the way, make sure it's got at least
5 balls in it at all times or you'll have to push the
button to reload a ball into the breach. i think it's
because the blowback get's up into the hopper, but when
there's a ball there to block it, than the blowback will
get all the way to the line where it's supposed to be.
Custom Pro Black
BT Sealed Bolt System
R/T
Cyclone Feed
Ricochet R5 Hopper with
silencing mod
16" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Palmer Stabilizer Male w Gauge
Sanded 2X Trigger to stick
Red Dot 1X32mm
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:38am
Originally posted by flatlandpercy flatlandpercy wrote:

...huh?
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Ashdawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

...huh?

Don't listen to everything your pro-shop tells you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentMidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Ashdawg Ashdawg wrote:

Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

...huh?

Don't listen to everything your pro-shop tells you.

Ahahahahahahahaha, Sometimes you get osmeone that doesnt know crap about paintball. I took my moms boyfriend to the Pro-shop I go to, and they told me that a Piranha R6 is better than a Tippmann 98 Custom, and that I should sell my 98c and buy one, and have my moms boyfriend buy one too. I told the owner, and he said that he was new and that he doesnt know a thing about what hes talking about.
Ashdawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 9:10pm
^ it happens a lot. The pro-shop must have a deal going with PMI, where they are obligated to sell a certain amount of those guns per month or something in exchange for some sort of financial aid...maybe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentMidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 12:08am
Hahaha ya, I like the owner tho, he is freakin awesome. He is one of the freakin best paintballers in Utah too.
daveb333 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language & Attitude 6/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveb333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 6:55pm

I have been using the cyclone feeder.  It is great, extremely fast and no stupid whine like the electronic ones make.  Its not the fastest but its faster than you will ever be able to shoot.  Main complaint is the ball breaks.  You need some dam good paintballs or else like 1 out of 10 balls will break.  Make sure you get the paintballs with the clear coat that looks glossy, those will go through faster and reducers breakage.

Not only does it shoot fast, it feeds a ball with absolutely EVERY SINGLE SHOT.  Before i would have to shake it cause it would get clogged up.  Now it doesnt.

If you have the money, go for it.  It takes a good half hour to install if you havnt taken it apart completely already.  But if you dont have the 60-90 dollars.  Dont get it.  The stock hopper will shoot 8 bps technically, only problem is they get a little jammed, solved with a quick shake of the gun.

Another weakness is its bulkiness.  The hopper is huge and is a much easier target for your opponents, especially if ur a righty.  Last time i went, 4/6 hits were on the hopper.. A lil frusturating.

One last complaint is the fit.  It isnt 100% when it comes to putting the hopper onto the gun, i really have to slam it on so that part of my gun is scratched up.  A small price to pay for shooting 17 bps  Good thing the gun is aluminum or else it would be extremely rusty.

DjB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic