FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sssshhhhh quiet!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:22pm

From the BATF Q&A site.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#a9

(M30) Are Paintball and/or Airgun Sound Suppressers NFA firearms? [Back]

The terms "firearm silencer" and "firearm muffler" mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

Numerous paintball and airgun silencers tested by ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch have been determined to be, by nature of their design and function, firearm silencers. Because silencers are NFA weapons, an individual wishing to manufacture or transfer such a silencer must receive prior approval from ATF and pay the required tax. See Questions M15 and 16 for application details.

If I have any further questions as to the classification of a paintball or airgun silencer, who should I contact?

Please send a written request to ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch.

[18 U.S.C. 921(a)(24), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a), 27 CFR 479.11]
===================================

Anyone wishing to see a previous discussion on this check out:

BATF on silencers

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 10 June 2006 at 9:53pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:46pm

ok. basically, dave, you have had your butt handed to you, but what Bruce is trying to say, is paintball silencers are ILLEAGAL because they work on REAL FIREARMS!!! how did you miss that little tidbit in your extensive research. basically, if you want a silenced paintball gun, you need to make the silencer permanently affixed to you paintball gun. not gluing or otherwise, but by making the material of the silencer a part of the paintball gun itself. this is hardly worth the time, effort, money, and knowledge (which you obviously lack).

machine guns are legal to own, provided you have the licensing to own one. this requires fees for the permission of the batf, and getting a high ranking law enforcement official to sign permission to locally own one. not to mention, finding a machine gun available for purchase.

basically, every one of your arguments has been wrong, and you try to justify it by swearing and name calling and threatening. these combined factors lead me to believe you are around 12. youre to young for that kind of language little man...

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

ok. basically, dave, you have had your butt handed to you, but what Bruce is trying to say, is paintball silencers are ILLEAGAL because they work on REAL FIREARMS!!! how did you miss that little tidbit in your extensive research. basically, if you want a silenced paintball gun, you need to make the silencer permanently affixed to you paintball gun. not gluing or otherwise, but by making the material of the silencer a part of the paintball gun itself. this is hardly worth the time, effort, money, and knowledge (which you obviously lack).

machine guns are legal to own, provided you have the licensing to own one. this requires fees for the permission of the batf, and getting a high ranking law enforcement official to sign permission to locally own one. not to mention, finding a machine gun available for purchase.

basically, every one of your arguments has been wrong, and you try to justify it by swearing and name calling and threatening. these combined factors lead me to believe you are around 12. youre to young for that kind of language little man...

Dave333 has been part of the previous discussions where the BATF information was posted. It made no difference to him and I doubt that it will make any difference this time.

As for Dave's age, well, he said in a previous post that he had been a team captian for 4 years and had been trained by a pro. I guess you could be correct. He could have started before he was 8 and had time to gain all that experience. I still think that, against doctor's orders, he is off his meds.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by snypur sam snypur sam wrote:

quietness may not seem important until you actually play speedball.
first off, when you break the starting position the first thing yer gonna do is run, it don't matter if you hear their markers shooting. what matters is if you hear the balls hitting the bunkers next to you. but, then again there is a rational threshold for the best noise level of your marker.

......so you don't keep your head up when you're running off break?  If noise made a big difference in speedball, timmies would be obsolete and Dye would own the planet instead of planet eclipse and SP.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:22pm
i just pull the trigger...

FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

......so you don't keep your head up when you're running off break?  If noise made a big difference in speedball, timmies would be obsolete and Dye would own the planet instead of planet eclipse and SP.

I think you have that backwards. If noise did not make a difference, timmies would be obsolete.  Have you heard the report of an Ego?  Those things are LOUD!!  Way too loud for a timmy clone!!  My NME is much quieter than any Ego I've ever heard.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 12:06am
Originally posted by daveb333 daveb333 wrote:

Lol machine guns are illegal to any normal citizin in the U.S.  Look it up in the link that i posted at the top of the page

Not if you have a license....  it's the same license for silencers.

You are wrong dave, I think you should stop arguing with us and call them yourself, let us know what they told you when you're done.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 2:05am

Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

Originally posted by daveb333 daveb333 wrote:

Lol machine guns are illegal to any normal citizin in the U.S.  Look it up in the link that i posted at the top of the page

Not if you have a license....  it's the same license for silencers.

You are wrong dave, I think you should stop arguing with us and call them yourself, let us know what they told you when you're done.

In Dave's post on another discussion about silencers he claimed he'd contacted the BATF and received a reply that said he was correct and we were all wrong. I invited him to post the reply from BATF. Has anyone seen it yet?

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 2:13am
i believe we have successfully crushed him. if he comes back, it is a great display of his intelligence. i still think he's 12, and bs-ing the captain and training story.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:26am
Originally posted by FyreFly FyreFly wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I think you have that backwards. If noise did not make a difference, timmies would be obsolete.  Have you heard the report of an Ego?  Those things are LOUD!!  Way too loud for a timmy clone!!  My NME is much quieter than any Ego I've ever heard.

Are you kidding? Are you trying to tell me that a timmy(ESPECIALLY pre-gen4 models) is one of  the most quiet guns out there?  Believe me, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talkign about.  The three loudest highly recognizable tournament guns are timmies, egos, and shockers.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:22pm

Ok...    Giant chill-pill for everybody, and especially (but not only) Dave.

Filterdodges = bad, and that includes plugging a bunch of "*****" in the middle of the word.  If I can figure out what you mean, you might as well type it out anyway.

Play nice, or don't play.

PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:58pm
its ok guys, i think this thread should just die, ive made an ebolt setup w/qev's so its quiter and faster, can this thing just be end??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic