FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spring Turkey Season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring Turkey Season
    Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:42am

Anyone else going this weekend? Its Youth season here saturday and Sunday so i'm definately gonna be going with my uncle to try and get a big Tom(Older Male Turkey).

Some may say hunting is Redneck but hey i live in Kentucky i'm allowed to be redneck. And the school i go to is taking a field trip to see Larry the Cable Guy Movie so ya were pretty redneck.

Anyone else hunt? I personnaly prefer Wing Shooting but i like the thrill of killing a deer and having something to show for your hard work(sitting in a tree for 6 hours).

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 1:01am
Dont hunt, but I wouldnt go see that movie.
Templar Knight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Templar Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 1:23am

Yes I hunt also, Deer, turky, whatever, Shotgun, bow, rocks and stick if i have to, not enough time for it all.Good luck, I can't wait to get back out there, have to hold off this year I have some little polts of my own to care for. Nothing like the hearing them gobble after you make that first locator call, realy get the blood moving on chilly mornings. What do you prefere, slate, box, mouth calls. My kids love it when I pull out the calls, I like sitting on the porch when people are walking on the weekends and discreatly call and see people look around.

I only went one season with a buddy from work, thats it I'm hooked for life. I love the woods and water. I was out Geocahing with my brother-in-law on sunday, and we happend to go to an area I have hunted a little bit and I went home and start the chatter and rifleing through my vidios and mags, and my wife said she can't be a widow to the woods this year, I know what she means, thier Credit union is expanding and her dept. is understaffed.

she needs to be there more right now, now I have to go and watch a video. again good luck, I hope you get a long beard.

>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 1:29am

I prefer Slate and Box calls i'm really just starting to learn on the mouth calls my uncle has won a couple turkey calling contest so i'm learning from an exspert caller so that should help me in the long run. He also makes slate calls of all different surfaces which is neat when he put pictures underneath the glass call so that you can see them.

After that first Crow call and a turley gobbles your heart starts beating and doesn't stop till your done for the day.  And that first time you see a turkey upclose, strutting and gobbling you really just start to flip out. When you pull the trigger you feel no kick even though its a 12 ga. with turkey load all your focusing on is that turkey.

Good luck gettin back into hunting soon i know now that i started i won't be able to stop.

Edited by >><< - 29 March 2006 at 1:29am
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 1:31am
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

the mouth calls my uncle has won a couple turkey calling contest

haha he must know sureshot's dads...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 2:32am

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:23am
I don't hunt.

Why would your class go see "Larry The Cable Guy"?
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:30am
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

Anyone else going this weekend? Its Youth season here saturday and Sunday so i'm definately gonna be going with my uncle to try and get a big Tom(Older Male Turkey).

Some may say hunting is Redneck but hey i live in Kentucky i'm allowed to be redneck. And the school i go to is taking a field trip to see Larry the Cable Guy Movie so ya were pretty redneck.

Anyone else hunt? I personnaly prefer Wing Shooting but i like the thrill of killing a deer and having something to show for your hard work(sitting in a tree for 6 hours).

I hunt and I live out here in the boondocks of south west missouri... Not only am I allowed to be redneck... over here we're bread to be redneck...
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
djrox View Drop Down
You dip, we get it...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:22am
I would love to go, but I probably won't. This weekend I will be fishing.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:03pm
Nothing better then those old Eastern's down here in Alabama.  I'll probably get out in the woods sometime this week.  We've scouted a huge old bird with at least a 9 inch beard.  Now all that's left is putting him to bed.   (Or for those that don't hunt, catching him goin back to his predictable roost spot.)
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:26pm

I decided not to get a permit this year since I haven't seen much in the way of turkeys, but of course, after the deadline for application is up, we've had a flock of them here a few times a week with about four big toms in with them. Go figure.

I'll probably be trout fishing this weekend myself.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 3:43pm
I hunt deer, turkey, squirrel, waterfowl, and groundhog for the most part.

I also fish quite a bit. I'll usually go for bass or catfish, but I really fish for everything. Panfish, perch, walleye, trout, carp, and some saltwater here and there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic