Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

making paintball bunkers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 10:23am
^really? I never knew that.
nightfox9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightfox9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Originally posted by nightfox9 nightfox9 wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

plexiglass is always fun to experiment with.
well so is gasoline and touch exsplosives... that does'nt always mean its a good idea.
just don't put honey on plexiglass and it's a good idea

What the flame?! lol

put honey on superglass and it will creat an adhesive.  if it gets on your skin, you will have to rip your skin off.

LOL!! OMG that's crazy wicked! :P

-Tippmann 98 Custom
-20" J&J Ceramic Barrel
-Rocket Cock 2
-32 Degrees Remote Coil
-20oz Pure Energy Tank
nebelwerfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebelwerfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 9:11pm
 I called a Sears Hardware cause they always have skids behind it. they wanted to keep the ones they had but they told me where i could get some. try to get ones that have no spaces between the boards and they will work great. Also ask at construction sites for leftover supplies. I keep eyeing up the hyperpipe at the wal-mart they are building. Maybe I'll get lucky and gat a piece of that. And just like prviously mentioned sandbags work great !! 
sxgarland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxgarland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 10:53pm

i've always scavenged where they are building new houses, like they have trash bins outside the house, and its full of all scrap wood. also, the wooden spools work wonderful...and if you can find a car dealer that changes tires..they usually let you take the old plugged tires off their hands for free...they make pretty decent snakes...good luck in finding

Stoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 12:26pm

well so is gasoline and touch exsplosives... that does'nt always mean its a good idea.

What the flame?! lol

put honey on superglass and it will creat an adhesive.  if it gets on your skin, you will have to rip your skin off.

Sounds delicious.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 7:30pm

i think ill trick one of my friends into trying that honey and plexiglass thing

now i have to think of how to trick them into pouring honey onto plexiglass for nothing without making it seem like somethings up

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 7:44pm

i was walking around in these woods along a hiking trail by me and there were holes dug into the ground randomly, it looked almost like a battlefield (they werent some half baked holes, they were real dug in positions), then i realized the paint on the trees. if theres woods around you could do that, use the dirt from the holes to build one big mound in the middle

and ashdawg, i have to disagree with your sig, your NEVER too close for missiles

benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:23am
take your peice of wood, and 3 spikes.

Put 2 spikes along the right and left side on the front of the bunker, and on the back put one spike in the center.

I will get pic of my field to help you out.

Those big plastic kidde-pool they sell at walmart for $20 work awsome.

We have a big yellow BIG BIRD pol right in the middle of our field

Edited by benttwig33 - 26 April 2006 at 8:25am
Sig is WAY too big.
Stoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 9:37am
Originally posted by benttwig33 benttwig33 wrote:

take your peice of wood, and 3 spikes.

Put 2 spikes along the right and left side on the front of the bunker, and on the back put one spike in the center.

I will get pic of my field to help you out.

Those big plastic kidde-pool they sell at walmart for $20 work awsome.

We have a big yellow BIG BIRD pol right in the middle of our field

Now that you mention it, you may be able to make 2 taco-shaped bunkers out of a kiddie pool via slicing it in half and placing its semicircular halves staked into the ground somewhere. Might be feasible.
Rcpaintballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 2:30am
Well me and my friends dug out holes and we put the dirt in front of the bunker but we were in the woods and used some sticking to reinforcce the buckers or just get some wood and purt in in the dirt to make it stand
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 7:19am
Originally posted by MoNkeY Hunter MoNkeY Hunter wrote:

We also have 2 railroad trets, (if thats wast they are called) with 2 big sheets of tin on em.

that has got to make the coolest sound....
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
pbhalo View Drop Down
Guested - F-Bomb Dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 6:33pm

What the flame?! lol

thats funny as crap
english 101 remedial kick ass
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by pbhalo pbhalo wrote:

I am SO trying that on something........... not me though

What the flame?! lol

thats funny as crap
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:53pm
imagine this...house of mirrors....uh oh...which one is the real one???

or maybe this...chains hanging down from the sky...just poke through to shoot...

im trying to get my dad to let me take his old crappy camper out into the woods and use it...

just pile up a bunch of junk...
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 5:53pm
if you need ideas look in my sig, look at how the wodden bunker are held up in the "pics" section.

Also, if you cut a kiddie pool in half, it would be too small to use for tacos.

Unless you bought a really really big one.

Edited by benttwig33 - 04 May 2006 at 5:54pm
Sig is WAY too big.
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 9:55pm
Hay bails.
kalieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 5:02pm
at the field that i play at her near Riggins i just went to the junk yard and got some old tires. all you got to do with them is stack them in a staggered position like you would legos and then just fill them with dirt. dig out behind them and you got yourself a nice little dig in bunker. the field that we play on is like 2 acres of forest service land behind a campground in the Seven Devils Mountains. the forest service guys just told us that we would have to get all of the tires out of there if they ever develope the area. They also told us that if we littered we would not be able to play there anymore.
dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:07pm
who needs bunkers...gosh you people amaze me
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 8:16pm
the field i play at just 1/4 mile up the road from me (actually my brothers abandoned farm) we set up 55 gallon barrels randomly and use round bales for big bunkers, they work awesomely especially if you get a snake of em. Hay bails work wonderfully, a farmer might have some old ones he'll let you take
mrguy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:47pm
Hey I just saw this forum and I have my own homemade paintball course, and need some more bunkers. Anyone have any ideas for CHEAP ways to make/get bunkers?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic