Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I just dont get it...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:13pm
lol, thats not even funny that guy is in a plane and we just got over a huge discussion abput 9/11
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Gabster08 Gabster08 wrote:

lol, thats not even funny that guy is in a plane and we just got over a huge discussion abput 9/11

So pictures of people in cockpits are now forbidden becuase of 9/11? Yeah. Don't think so.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Dbib and Gabster, I don't believe you were there. I like Mephistopheles.

#1.. Dont believe them, but lern the difference between your imagination and reality kid.

#2.. so you dont believe them simply because they are the oppisite viewpoint of your buddy... mature.

Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:09am
I dont care if he doesnt believe me. i know i live in DC and i know i saw what the after math to the pentagon was.
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:04am

I am stunned at the continued support for these theories.

Supporters of conspiracy theories often claim that you can't just accept what "they" (the government) are telling you.  And "they" (the conspiracy theorists) are correct - we should apply critical thinking to everything the governent tells us.

BUT THAT APPLIES TO THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES AS WELL. 

As soon as the conspiracy theorists are done telling us to apply critical thinking to government information, they proceed directly to demanding that we suspend all critical thining and accept unconditionally what they (the conspiracy theorists) are telling us.  That is hypocritical, and just plain wrong.

And that is where the theories fail.  Any good theory stands up to basic critical thinking.  The Popular Mechanics article is a great example of how the conspiracy theorists failed to apply basic critical thinking to their own theories.  The PM article doesn't necessarily "prove" any theory wrong - what it does is show how basic critical thinking can provide alternate, and better, explanations for many of the phenomena that the theorists point to.  And the theorists failed to apply this critical thinking themselves.

Conspiracy theorists are simply hypocrits - "believe nothing they say, and everything we say".

Until they address obvious and basic issues like this, they have no credibility.

Until they check with actual enginners regarding building collapse patterns instead of saying "hey, look, it looks like a bomb explosion", until they check with actual airline people instead of saying "hey, it looks like a rocket under the plane", until they check with actual engineers instead of saying "hey, look, the glass is breaking before the plane hits, it must be a rocket" - until they do all of these things they have no credibility, and neither to the theories.

Critical thinking goes both ways.

More examples - OBL wearing gold.  How do they know it it gold?  Maybe it is shiny brass?  Maybe the photo was doctored?  They love to claim all photos are doctored that they don't like, but expect us to accept the non-doctored nature of all photos that serve their purposes, despite the history of photo-doctoring by conspiracy theorists around the world.

Most obviously - why should we assume that just because OBL is a self-proclaimed devout muslim, that it is "impossible" that he would be wearing gold?  That's just dumb.  Jimmy Bakker is a self-proclaimed devout fundamentalist christian, yet he's the guy with the hookers.  Limbaugh rails against drugs, and - whoops - does drugs.  Maybe OBL is just a little bit of a hypocrit, like everybody else?

Critical thinking - it's not just for government information.

DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:32am
we will never know for sure because the government will never let us know, which is why i never believe anything i see on the news 100%
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:39am

Originally posted by DsXz DsXz wrote:

we will never know for sure because the government will never let us know, which is why i never believe anything i see on the news 100%

Perfect example.

You are absolutely correct not to believe everything you see on the news, and to apply critical thinking to the news.

It is also a truism that we will never know "for sure" - we must continue to keep an open mind.

But based on what do you conclude that "the government" will never let us know?  That statement is itself a failure of critical thinking.

"The government" employs millions of Americans and foreigners.  I presume you don't think they are all in on some conspiracy to keep the truth from us, so it must be some lesser group.  Yet, at the same time, any conspiracy to keep "the truth" from us must be large enough to contain or control everybody in the know.

If you apply some basic critical thinking to your statement, you will find that it becomes quite unlikely in this context.  Impossible?  No - but certainly less likely than the version presented on the news.

If you apply critical thinking to the news (which you should), you should also apply that thinking to the conspiracy theories.

Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:14am

So pictures of people in cockpits are now forbidden becuase of 9/11? Yeah. Don't think so.

Wait where did he say it should be forbidden?
Not funny =/= forbidden. You are allowed to post serious stuff on this forum.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:39am
The thing that I think is hillarious about this whole theory is this: On 9/11 President Bush had been in office about 8 months. If this was a conspiracy it would take BILLIONS of dollars to setup. Money in that amount just doesn't disappear into some "conspriacy" fund, it has to be taken from somewhere. There would be MAJOR descrepencies in the budget that would have to be explained, note that there are none...

Also to setup an operation of this scale it would take thousands of people that would have to have some knowledge of the operation, from the FBI Agent who picks up the passport, to the people who lay the demolition charges. How come none of these people have came forward?

Then, an Operation of this magintude would take YEARS to plan, setup, and execute. It would have to have the apporval of Congress, and pretty much every government agency would have to be in on it. The Operation would have to have been laid on in the Clinton years, so even if it was a conspiracy(which it is not) Clinton would have had to have initiated it.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:52am

^^^^^^  I agree.

Small conspiracies are mostly useless, as they usually can't accomplish much.  Big conspiracies are impossible to keep secret.  Besides, if thousands of people are in on the conspiracy, it isn't really a "conspiracy" any more.

Any serious effort at figuring out exactly what would go into this alleged conspiracy will show it to be wildly unlikely.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:08am
hahahahahaha

I just read through the entire post...

Quite a laugh.

Edited by Snake6 - 23 March 2006 at 11:08am
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:33pm
Glad to read all of that.

*sigh*
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Jack Carver Jack Carver wrote:

Wait where did he say it should be forbidden?
Not funny =/= forbidden. You are allowed to post serious stuff on this forum.

LOL, I didn't even think of the irony when I posted that.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:05pm
But gabster was wrong. It was pretty funny.
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if Id have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:48pm

Your first letters in your post was -lol. Then you go on to say that it is not funny. Make up your mind then tell us your opinion.

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:50pm
Doesnt matter, his opinion was wrong. It was very funny.
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by amishman89 amishman89 wrote:

Your first letters in your post was -lol. Then you go on to say that it is not funny. Make up your mind then tell us your opinion.

no that was because of wat Dbib said, which was, "look a terrorist get him!" or something like that, it was a little bit funny in ways. but i guess it was good that the guy who posted the pic, posted it, because it broke the tension. for a little while anyway. until i had to say something. lol. and how can an opinion be wrong? lol.

Edited by Gabster08 - 23 March 2006 at 3:51pm
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic