Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie to Tippman Refurbished Tippmanns Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-=Tippmann=- View Drop Down

"i got hit in the family jewels ... "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie to Tippman Refurbished Tippmanns Q
    Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:03pm
Hey guys,
Im an expierenced woodsball player that has been playing for a couple of years. I have a Spyder and I'm sick of its unrelibility, its uncanny ability to chop balls, and difficulty to fieldstrip.
All of my friends have Tippmanns and now I'm very interested in getting an A-5. I know of a very good Tippmann dealer that is selling refurbished A-5's that come with the Tippmann waranty.
My questions are...

Are these just returned A-5's that Tippmann then sells for cheap?

Is there any chance that I'm going to buy the A-5 and its going to come broken?

What does Tippmann actually DO to the guns when they refurbish them?

Feedback appreciated,thanks
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:37pm
The guns are usually returned because finish or packaging defects. Or they may not have been assembled correctly before they were packaged and shipped.

Whatever the case, refurbished guns are a good deal. Extra special attention is paid when refurbishing a gun, no one wants a gun returned twice.

If it comes with the full factory warranty, you can't go wrong.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Baewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:18pm
I friend of mine bought on of them and I stripped it down  completly, I could not find a single fault in it. He has been using it for 6 months now and not one single problem.
I'd buy one

Edited by Baewolf - 21 March 2006 at 7:19pm
Don't bring a speed ball gun to a woods ball fight
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:54pm
dont know bout referbs guns ..... sound scool i wanna look into it for cheap 1 or sum .... but i do know the spyder problem .... lol my friend had 1 was so funny wrre screwin around in woods and sum pin falls outa his trigger and the thing jsut goes full auto all his air and balls went everywhere rofl ...... .yup thats the pos crap sypder 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:30pm
ghost- haha that happend to me, the pin that keeps tension on the spring for the cock fell off in the woods, and next minute the spring flew out the back of the gun and i lost all the balls,and a 20oz of co2, it chopped like 20 balls and paint was dripping out of the barrel.......lol

Bay/traveler-thanks that makes me feel better about it

Anyway, Thanks for the replies

Any other opinions?

Edited by -=Tippmann=- - 21 March 2006 at 8:35pm
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:43pm
anything that tippmann will sell themselves, especially if they give it a warranty, is no worse than a new product.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
the flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:35pm

what store are you getting the refurbished gun from? Did that store refurbish it or did tippmann refurbish it?

perhaps the greatest movie ever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 4:33pm
ok guys please look at this link and tell me what you think. The link is of the A-5 and says factory warranty from tippmann.

it is www.stores.ebay.com/famousguy-paintball

Go to the second page and its the third A-5 on the left

Edited by -=Tippmann=- - 24 March 2006 at 4:36pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:24pm
Flanker- It is a Tippmann dealer on ebay that sold over 5,000 guns and it comes with an in the box warranty from Tippmann.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 4:47pm
===========Update=============

I bought the refurbished A-5 with a Full Factory Warranty from Tippmann.
It was $179.00 shippped

It will be here in 2 days so I will let you guys know how it is since no one one here seems to have bought one.

P.S.
It comes with everything a brand new A-5 will come with including the box.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic