Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-chamber or Regulator??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeffal621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffal621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-chamber or Regulator??
    Posted: 20 March 2006 at 11:23pm
Whats the difference between x-chamber and a regulator?? Which is better for 98c with co2???
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 2:01am
x-chamber keeps the liquid form of CO2 from entering your marker and causing internal damage, and the regulator does the same but more efficiently while regulating the pressure of air that enters your marker making your shots more consistent.  You are better of with a regulator than a x-chamber if you are going to use CO2 and want more consistency.
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:36am
^^ This only applies if you have a regulator that works on co2 like a palmers.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
WanksterFlanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WanksterFlanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:33pm

Originally posted by mjicmike mjicmike wrote:

the regulator does the same but more efficiently while regulating the pressure of air that enters your marker making your shots more consistent.  You are better of with a regulator than a x-chamber if you are going to use CO2 and want more consistency.

can anyone else verify this too? because i was planning on getting an x-chamber for my A5 without knowing my options

Edited by WanksterFlanker - 21 March 2006 at 7:33pm
A5
E-trigger
x-chamber
APP Monster Sight Feeder
14" Lapco Snapshot barrel
Xx_Johndrin_xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xx_Johndrin_xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:58pm
yes every thing he is saying is true
tippmann 98c
Custom Camo PaintJob
Empire Twister 14"
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:09pm
Basicly, yes. However, some regs (short for regulators) don't work with CO2. So if you're going with a reg, I'd suggest the Palmers Stabalizer. It's one of the best CO2 regs on the market (if not the best), and will also work with HPA. The only downside to the Palmers is the prices. Some can go as high as a hundred bucks, but most are in the seventy dollar range (theres different models for different setups and guns). So if you aren't looking to spend that much, then a X-Chamber is the way to go. I'd suggest the DOP X-Core. They run around 20 bucks. Now obviously the Palmers will be the better performer bewteen the two, but the price is also a big factor.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:13pm

Originally posted by SuzukiRider987 SuzukiRider987 wrote:

Basicly, yes. However, some regs (short for regulators) don't work with CO2. So if you're going with a reg, I'd suggest the Palmers Stabalizer. It's one of the best CO2 regs on the market (if not the best), and will also work with HPA. The only downside to the Palmers is the prices. Some can go as high as a hundred bucks, but most are in the seventy dollar range (theres different models for different setups and guns). So if you aren't looking to spend that much, then a X-Chamber is the way to go. I'd suggest the DOP X-Core. They run around 20 bucks. Now obviously the Palmers will be the better performer bewteen the two, but the price is also a big factor.

Yet again, suzuki is right on the money.

WanksterFlanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WanksterFlanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by SuzukiRider987 SuzukiRider987 wrote:

thanks

u got a site or link i can check them out at? Price is not an issue with me..

Edited by WanksterFlanker - 21 March 2006 at 8:44pm
A5
E-trigger
x-chamber
APP Monster Sight Feeder
14" Lapco Snapshot barrel
Rockonforever19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockonforever19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:09pm
get a palmers
Nirvana Rocks out loud
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 1:06am
Countysports.com or palmer-pursuit.com. 
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
XLR8P8NTB411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XLR8P8NTB411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:28pm
Palmers price?
Playing a speedball game at local course owned by a friend... A kid says the ball bounced off a tree.. Go figure
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:32pm
Since your on a Tippmann, you will need a regulator than can regulate of to 800 PSI, for the recocking pressure of the Tippmann as well.   MOst regs only go to around 500, so get the Palmers if you get a reg for CO2.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic