FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C-3 Myths Debunked!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 12:48am
Well, seeing as to the C-3 uses combustion, that would be a big, honkin' "duh."
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 11:25am
yeah but one of the reasons that he got his gun was so that he could practice all day with those fusy balls and not have to warry about co2

but i just wanted to tell evryone that the c3 does not mix well with  those fusy balls

i hope i helped somone
^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
f3lix View Drop Down
Guested Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f3lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 1:33pm
looks dangerous and looks like if it goes fast the whole tank will blow up
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 2:19pm
How's it gonna go fast? It's a pump. I think it's safe, or it wouldn't be for sale...

cmts58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmts58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:28pm

every shot from a c3 uses 0.00032ounces of propane.therefore,1000 shot would burn 0.32 ounces.that is a small tank.probly small enough to be concealed in the grip.i wish they would do it.

tippmann 98c
dop pro seal
expansion chamber
vertical adapter
dop double trigger
cyclone feed
prolite_killers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolite_killers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 12:30am

this might be a dumb question, but can you use co2 or n2 on a c3?

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:21pm
Nope, sorry. It uses an ignition system to shoot the paintball, not a pressure system.

prolite_killers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolite_killers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 6:36pm

Oh well

tippmann pro-lite
adco scope
j&j 14" barrell
vl quantum
NC sect.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC sect.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 10:07pm
Get your C-3, gas it up, ttake it in a dark room and dry fire. You do get a nice blue flame. Also use ear plugs, it's really loud. The only problem I have had is the barrel shifting forward after being fired about 100 times. The balls don't feed correctly and the detent will not hold the balls when they do get in the chamber. Once the barrel is pushed back everything lines up and works 100%.
A-5
Lapco Bigshot w/can
APP remote
Rufus Dawg Bolt
E-Trigger
Vortex
Polished Guts
TIPPY98ACT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 12:51am
Hank Hill would be proud!
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 11:20am
Originally posted by TIPPY98ACT TIPPY98ACT wrote:

Hank Hill would be proud!

LOL!

First of all, YES propane is a dangerous gas, but unless your stupid enough to stand by a giant fire while removing your tank, that or throw your gun into the fire...

and believe me, if your stupid enough to do that, you deserve to get blown up...
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
johnson1456 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnson1456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Stoz Stoz wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

from what it sounds like, it might be ignition. the ignition is electric, and from this branch 2 possibilities. the first, your battery might be low, try changing it. second, there may be a bad connection in the wiring or there may not be a full connection when you pull the trigger. check the connections.

also, you might be venting propane on the forward stroke, thus not charging the chamber. for this, you might need to get it repaired by a proshop or tippmann.

see if these help.

I am 100% certain that the battery is not the problem. If I pump it once and pull the trigger, I hear the shock in the chamber. If I pump it twice, same thing. Three times gets me enough propane to fire. If I let it sit for a few seconds, I have to go through this again. Once I get it to fire once, I can continuously fire (within about 3 seconds between each shot), but if I stop, I must three-pump it again.

I do recall reading that the C3 had to be "primed" by pumping it several times before play, but I didn't realize that the propane all vented out within a matter of seconds. I'll try calling Tippmann on Thursday and see what they think.

im no c-3 or tippmann expert by any means but my job is to troubleshoot faults on military aircraft.  judging just on what he has said, it sounds to me like the wiring is perfectly fine.  if there was a faulty connection then it would just not fire all unles if something came lose at certain angles.  however being such a consistant problem it sounds to me like the problem could be some sort of leak.  if the gun neds to be re-pumped only after a period of not being fired then that must be long enough for the chambered propane to leak out.  when firing the gun fast it most liely does not give the gun enough time to leak the propae between firing. my guess would be some sort of sealing problem....anyway thats just the first thing that came to mind

Johnson

x7: flatline, "T" dot scope, folding vertical handle...still in work
stuffdogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:48am
"The more rapidly you shoot the C-3, the hotter it gets."
 I think there are many ways around heat build up. An air cooled heat sink would help  if not solve the problem. I can shoot a pump pretty fast almost as fast as some semi auto markers. if Tippmann can some how limit the max rate of fire along with insulation and cooling I could see a semi being a reality. I would not mind the extra cost. If I could get 25000 shots from a $3 tanks the gun would pay for itself in no time.
foxfourpaintbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfourpaintbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:08am
nice it would be sweet to have a flame thrower
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 9:28pm

Uh, not really...

campweed View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:57pm
Well, I ordered a c3, it's still in the mail, so I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet, but I don't care about sound or "flames" or any of that. What I worry about is stuff like paintballs not loading, faulty operation, or any other problems. Can anyone tell me how common those problems are?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:53pm
Well, any loading error would be user error with the C3, as it's a pump. I do understand people have been having some operation problems, but most of it is ignition. I don't know how common these effects are, though.

Brianwawrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianwawrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 6:55pm
I have read that the c3 has terrible range, but is accurate in close
quarters. Is this true? I just ordered one, but it hasn't arrived yet.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 4:46pm
I don't see how the range would be affected by method of propulsion. If the paintball leaves a standard barrel at 280 FPS, it will go the same range as any other paintball being shot at the same velocity.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 6:43pm
Shorty may be selling his to me. I'll be doing some tests with it and a good high-quality video camera to get some nice results for you guys.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic