Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to paintballin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
=Git-R-Done= View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote =Git-R-Done= Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to paintballin
    Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:45pm
Hi yall. I'm just gett'n into paintballing and I'm looking at buying this gun. What do yall think. Will this be a good start? I guess I'd need a mask too, right? Can you guys recommend a cheap mask that will get the job done?
daniero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:58pm
It seems like a really good deal to start out.

For a mask, you could get a VForce Morph for around $40 or a VForce Shield for a bit less.
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:31pm
That looks like a good starter gun to me.  For a mask, go with the Vforce shield.  They're pretty nice and not too expensive.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:37pm
I think the seller is full of it. He did all those ups and never test fired it. Yeah right!

NOT!

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Gulfster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulfster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:00pm
Whoa there justice. That's actually my gun. lol. What are you talking about "all those ups". The only real up is the rocket cock. And no its never been fired. About 4 days after I bought it my cousin came across an old model 98 from another friend. He sold it to me for $40 and I polished the internals, repainted it, and threw an old Ben Tippmann sealed bolt system on it (cheap rocket cock rip off). Theres no need for the custom pro cause I'm very low on cash so I'm just selling it. Thats kinda weird to see Git-R-Done looking at it.

Edited by Gulfster - 20 March 2006 at 4:02pm
=Git-R-Done= View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote =Git-R-Done= Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:10pm
Hey gulfster. This really your gun? I sent ya a private message about it. How about this for a mask? Is countysports.com a trustworthy website?

Edited by =Git-R-Done= - 20 March 2006 at 4:11pm
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:13pm
hahahahaha, wat a coincidence, it looks like a good deal, for a mask u should geteither the morph like everyone said or a Dye Proto Switch EL Mask.
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
Gulfster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulfster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by Gabster08 Gabster08 wrote:

hahahahaha, wat a coincidence, it looks like a good deal, for a mask u should geteither the morph like everyone said or a Dye Proto Switch EL Mask.

Did you look at the link he posted? That is the Dye Proto mask...

JcKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JcKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:29pm
Gabster08 just spams.  The deal is fine.  It has basic upgrades so you can  still  really customize it later on to your liking.
-Cobalt to White Sonic Cyborg
--7 Piece Matchstik Kit
---White Suicide'd Halo B
----PMI Stubby w/ NXE Cover
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Gulfster Gulfster wrote:

Whoa there justice. That's actually my gun. lol. What are you talking about "all those ups". The only real up is the rocket cock. And no its never been fired. About 4 days after I bought it my cousin came across an old model 98 from another friend. He sold it to me for $40 and I polished the internals, repainted it, and threw an old Ben Tippmann sealed bolt system on it (cheap rocket cock rip off). Theres no need for the custom pro cause I'm very low on cash so I'm just selling it. Thats kinda weird to see Git-R-Done looking at it.

Sorry man I just find it hard to believe this has never been fired. But if you say it's never been fired, then I have to take your word for it.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Gulfster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulfster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:40pm
I see were your coming from Justice. I've been trying to sell this thing on local surf forums for awhile but nobody has taken me seriously (on the never been fired thing). It hasn't been fired simply because the weekend I went paintballing, after I bought the Custom Pro, I was testing out the old m98 I got. The only reason I put the ups on was because they came with the same order as my gun and I just felt like putting them on. I'd swear on anything and sign my name on paper (if need be) that the gun has never been fired. (That last sentence wasn't supposed to sound aggressive if it did, lol)
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:17pm
don't pay for the red dot, it's garbage :p
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Gulfster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulfster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

Thanks for trolling Raven, thanks... The red dot I have on there isn't garbage. It's a rather nice one. Sure you won't use it all the time, but when your playing woodsball and see someone who doesn't know you're there it's quite nice to know that if you put that dot on your target you'll hit em with the first ball. Of course you just have to calibrate the scope to the marker.
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Gulfster Gulfster wrote:

Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

Thanks for trolling Raven, thanks... The red dot I have on there isn't garbage. It's a rather nice one. Sure you won't use it all the time, but when your playing woodsball and see someone who doesn't know you're there it's quite nice to know that if you put that dot on your target you'll hit em with the first ball. Of course you just have to calibrate the scope to the marker.

indeed

"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:16pm
lol, Raven, SHUT DOWN!
but more importantly its funny to see a sale on this forum... hint hint...
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic