Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Response to Spyder’s MR2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gh0st_st4lk3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st_st4lk3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Response to Spyder’s MR2
    Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:03pm
I don't know if any of you have seen it, but the Spyder MR2 looks tight as hell for me, and probably to any of you scenario paintball players.  I know that the MR2 is more than probably Spyder's version of the Tippmann 98 Custom, but I think Tippmann should release a new marker all the same.  How's this: A 2 Piece Receiver, just like the 98, but it disassembles from the top, instead of the side.  New Triggers and Valves and other upgrades could be preassembled "boxs" that could be dropped in to the gun at any time.  Made easy to use, and be able to stand up to massive abuse would be headliners of the marker.  Yeah, the 98C is easy to use, but if you're just entering paintball, even its simplicity is daunting. Tell me what 'cha think!
Jman27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jman27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:16pm
sure
Go Buckeyes
Sureshot3091. View Drop Down

Modern family man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sureshot3091. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 6:15pm
They JUST came out with the C3, so wait a while...And Tippmann has no competetion from Spyder what-so-ever. So there's really no need to make a new gun.
takedown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:29pm
yeah the mr2 really looks like crap and the complete opposite of a tippmann and in no way resembles a mil sim gun and poses no threat to tippmann
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by takedown takedown wrote:

yeah the mr2 really looks like crap and the complete opposite of a tippmann and in no way resembles a mil sim gun and poses no threat to tippmann
it's not milsim.  it's scenario.
X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st_st4lk3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:52pm

Settles all my fears, thanx guys.  You're right, Tippmann just released the C3, which kicks ass.  But giving that it can take up to several years from drawing board to the fields, why not get a head start now?

OOshanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOshanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:23pm

Originally posted by Sureshot3091. Sureshot3091. wrote:

They JUST came out with the C3, so wait a while...And Tippmann has no competetion from Spyder what-so-ever. So there's really no need to make a new gun.

so true

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:06pm
Not sure what this has to do with an idea.

But Tippmanns main competition is Spyder, no other company sells "low cost" markers. Exept maybe Brass Eagle.

Edited by Monk - 16 March 2006 at 11:07pm
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:43pm

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

no other company sells "low cost" markers. Exept maybe Brass Eagle.

id do some research before making that assumption

spartan119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:31pm

false statement....you shoot a milsim marker...you play scenario

Edited by spartan119 - 18 March 2006 at 12:32pm

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:10pm
well, the a-5 was one step closer to what your talking about.

Even my gf can dissassemble and reassemble her cpro... and I only showed her once.

Oh, and the mr2 is crap:)

Edited by RavenGuard - 18 March 2006 at 3:10pm
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:24pm
clamshell designs are idiotproof

and as for "drop in" kits like the RT. its not THAT hard to install. theres some room for error, but i personally think that everyone should learn to do valve and hose work by themselves.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st_st4lk3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 4:18pm
lawls, so much hatred in all of your posts....  Your wrong, before I researched a little, my first gun was almost a Spyder Imagine.  In saying Tippmann has no competition with Spyder....THERE IS NO OTHER LARGE LOW COST MARKER BRAND THAT ISNT A COMPLETE PILE OF CRAP!   Yeah, Brass Eagle is low cost too, but those are the piles of crap I was referring to.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 5:16am
Originally posted by spartan119 spartan119 wrote:

false statement....you shoot a milsim marker...you play scenario

The new spyder is not milsim, it's a scenario/woodsball base.  thats what i was stating.  there is a difference.....  and you spelled my name wrong.
X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st_st4lk3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 11:34am

DsXz, i apologize...There is one more low cost marker out there; PMI Pirahna.  People usually dont think of them as marker manufactuers, just masks and air tanks, but they have a strong market of entry level markers, nothing compared to tippmann, but there all the same.  Spyder MR2 is not milsim, and it is a mistake to think so.  A scenario gun is WAY different than a milsim, in looks and in some cases, performance.  But back to my original point.....It takes several YEARS to produce a new marker.  From design board to factory, theres logistics, factory space, and even designing the gun itself to consider.  In my opinion, Tippmann needs to get a head-start on a new gun before Spyder actually does something right and makes a trustworthy scenario marker.  Sorry this post is so damn wordy!

My 98c (A Work in Progress)
-Response Trigger
-Cyclone Feed System
-RT/Cyclone Adapter T-Bango
-Tapco Retractable Car Stock
-3000psi 48cu" HP tank(on remote)
IronFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:04pm
Tippmann's have a name for ruggedness and reliability. They are the AK-47s of paintball. I mean they're not Brass Eagles here... Anyway, Spyder and Tippmann are VERY different guns.

Edited by IronFox - 26 March 2006 at 2:06pm
-Tippmann A-5
-2x Red Dot
-HK36 Mag Kit
-TAC CAP hopper
-Response Trigger
-Flatline Barrel
-Adjustable Car. Stock

MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by IronFox IronFox wrote:

Tippmann's have a name for ruggedness and reliability. They are the AK-47s of paintball. I mean they're not Brass Eagles here... Anyway, Spyder and Tippmann are VERY different guns.

True but, you guys have got to realize that Spyders arn't that bad... They arn't as rugged as a tippmann but TIPPMANNS SHELLS ARE MADE OUT OF METAL. Thats what protects every thing. Any one can say spyders suck when they had one for a first gun and completly trash it because they were stupid noobs. I'd take a Tippmann over a Spyder just becase Its a Tippmann. That right there says it all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st_st4lk3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 4:16pm

SPYDERS DO NOT SUCK! they just break incredibly easy.  Until then, they are light-weight, low-cost markers.  Tippmanns are just as cheap, more rugged, but also heavier.  I dont know about you guys, but unloaded (no paint in hopper, no tank attached) my gun weighs 8 lbs.  THATS ALOT FOR A PAINTBALL GUN! lawls...i guess it just depends on what you'd prefer.

My 98c (A Work in Progress)
-Response Trigger
-Cyclone Feed System
-RT/Cyclone Adapter T-Bango
-Tapco Retractable Car Stock
-3000psi 48cu" HP tank(on remote)
-=Tippmann=- View Drop Down

"i got hit in the family jewels ... "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 6:10pm
Spyders suck. Period. I should know since I played with a spyder for two years before i got my A-5 three days ago. I originally bought a Spyder becuase it was so cheap. But it SUCKED. If you want to know why it sucks is because the stupid cock would get jammed in the hole if the smallest crap went into the chamber while playing woodsball, the seals were cheap and leaked, and there was absolutely NO, i repeat NO protection for the cock, the whole thing was right out in the open. You say spyders don't suck, they just break easy? Lets take three seconds to decided on what makes a gun good.
1. Reliability
2. Reliability
3. Performance

Spyder gets a big Fat F- for a grade on 2/3 of the quiz so don't ever say Spyders don't suck. This is comming from someone that has went through 3 years of a POS spyder.
Also, i would add another 10 pounds onto my A-5 and I would still use it over any spyder ever made.

Spyders Suck.
End of story.

Edited by -=Tippmann=- - 31 March 2006 at 6:12pm
-=Tippmann=- View Drop Down

"i got hit in the family jewels ... "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Tippmann=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by gh0st_st4lk3r gh0st_st4lk3r wrote:

SPYDERS DO NOT SUCK! they just break incredibly easy.  Until then, they are light-weight, low-cost markers.  Tippmanns are just as cheap, more rugged, but also heavier. 

LOL!!!

ok so what your saying is that Tippmanns are just as cheap as spyders, so spyder isnt beating them in that category, More rugged which Tippmann is PWNING spyder in and you said it yourself, but alittle heavier.

If you put that all together tell me how you can say in CAPS that spyders do not suck......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic