FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats ur career gonna be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:52am
I was told by the recruiter that my MOS is guaranteed, however this was after I went to MEPS. I filled out the box on the form that said to check if you have 2 years of JROTC/CAP, and you will get e2.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:13pm
Just a heads up troops, NO MOS is guarenteed, the clause is in the contract, "upon the needs of the (insert service here)MOS reclassifacation may occur."

A lot of reasons for reclassifacation, school failure, physical profile, etc.

A hint for anyone wanting a mid to long career. Combat arms (Infantry, Armor, Artillery, Calvary) are the fastest route to Sergeant E-5, some low personnel number management MOS's have such high if impossible promotion point requirements for E-5 making you a prime"up or out" candidate.

Go Combat Arms first enlistment and reenlist for a technical speciality, will be better off in long run for promotion and $.

And if you go Army Combat Arms, life is a lot easier with a pair of Jump Wings, a CIB or EIB, Ranger Tab, and even a pair of Dope on a Rope wings, promotions are fast and furious with the proper "incentive skills".
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:41pm
Professional answer man

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:06pm

I'm impressed with the amount of realistic aspirations and goals among the forumers. I was half expecting things like "I'm going to be a rainbow six elite tactical squad team leader," or something of the sort.

Tae, what sort of journalism do you like the most? What sort of writing do you like to do?

proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Professional answer man

work at radio shack. they've got answers
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by proteus316 proteus316 wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Professional answer man

work at radio shack. they've got answers
No, you've got questions, they've got blank stares

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:44pm
Pilot.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

DBibeau- word of advice. Don't be a
dumbass and let people videotape or photograph you on the job.

Actualy those were MPs, but theyve been saying the intel guys told
them what to do. 97echos(my MOS) to be specific. But, what should have
happened, if everything was going by SOP, everyone from the generals on
down should have known what was going on.

I think it was the MPs acting alone. But you cant really be too
sure. Now the intel guys that interogate prisoners sign breifs that say
things like "I know I am not supposed to blah blah blah" Its not
tollerated.

Dbeau, have you read "Inside the Wire?" It's a good read for
someone going to be a 97echo. What language do you plan on
learning, if any?

With current political climate most likely arabic, i speak spanish and french so it depends on what part of the world they plan on sending me to. Right now language isnt part of 97echo at first, they add a language if you reinlist.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by whack-a-mole whack-a-mole wrote:

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Army. Already got my MOS, military inteligence, human intel gathering and interogation. Might get out and go CIA or NSA I ship to basic April 5th to fort Sill oklahoma and my intel training is in Fort Huachucca, Arizona.

That's close to what I'm hoping for. I'm shooting for inteligence or communications in the air force when I commision.

Dude, go army and be a 96bravo, signal technician with the inteligence guys, then go warrant officer after a couple years.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Just a heads up troops, NO MOS is guarenteed, the clause is in the contract, "upon the needs of the (insert service here)MOS reclassifacation may occur."

A lot of reasons for reclassifacation, school failure, physical profile, etc.

A hint for anyone wanting a mid to long career. Combat arms (Infantry, Armor, Artillery, Calvary) are the fastest route to Sergeant E-5, some low personnel number management MOS's have such high if impossible promotion point requirements for E-5 making you a prime"up or out" candidate.

Go Combat Arms first enlistment and reenlist for a technical speciality, will be better off in long run for promotion and $.

And if you go Army Combat Arms, life is a lot easier with a pair of Jump Wings, a CIB or EIB, Ranger Tab, and even a pair of Dope on a Rope wings, promotions are fast and furious with the proper "incentive skills".

Yeah, if your going combat arms things like jump school and other skills will propell your career quickly, but depending on what MOS you get, your career will move just as quickly, some MOSs are very very sparce because they leave the soldier with very very marketable skills and they get out of the army and go to other agencies.

Right now they are having trouble retaining 97echos because of this fact, they are very very lean right now to the point that they are stopping some missions because there arent enough 97Es to go around.
MP Sniper View Drop Down
Strike 1 Language. 1/22/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:59pm

i have a few:

S.W.A.T Sniper

vetranarian

Engineer

inventer on spare time (i already came out with 5 weapon systems so far, quit deadly)

video game designer

Gun Collector

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:08pm
I suppose its a good thing that sniper school is so tough. Everyone and his brother wants to be a 31337 5n!p3R..

It gets old.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

In layman's terms, that reads, "At any point in your career you may be expected on demand to bend over and present yourself for the green weenie."

Once you're on contract, they have you and can essentially do whatever they want. DO NOT join the military unless you are willing and able to pick up a rifle and muck it out with the troops if the need arises.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:25pm
It also largely depends on who you know and how much pull you have.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:36pm
realistically... i have no idea what i'm going to end up.

i would like to look into getting into medical school and become a doctor of some sort.  right now i'm enrolled as a bio-medical science major... so there's a lot i could do in that field... i could look into nursing, or even some sort of job in a lab somewhere.  i'll figure it out... hell... i'm not even 20 yet.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

realistically... i have no idea what i'm going to end up.i would like to look into getting into medical school and become a doctor of some sort.  right now i'm enrolled as a bio-medical science major... so there's a lot i could do in that field... i could look into nursing, or even some sort of job in a lab somewhere.  i'll figure it out... hell... i'm not even 20 yet.
Same boat. Right now I'm a finance major. I only picked finance because it was the one major offered at my school that I thought would be interesting and still allow me to pretty much guarantee myself a job upon graduation. After all, money makes the world go round.

I still might switch majors. Maybe to an econ degree, maybe something else in the college of business because I already have the prereqs done. I'm probably going to throw an IT certification on my degree as well to increase my job opportunities. Because I have no idea what I want to do I'm trying to get a degree that will allow me to do whatever I want to do when I finally figure out just what that is.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:09pm
Director.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:12pm
Brain Surgeon
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
jeremy v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:26pm
Navy SEAL.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by jeremy v jeremy v wrote:

Navy SEAL.

Read this then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic