FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats ur career gonna be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:03am
drug addict
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:04am
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Why go national gard? Just go army if you want to be an MP.

Bonus's most likely.  Also, he'll probably have to go 4-years active if he wants to become an MP, unless he's had prepolice training... 
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:05am
If you go active duty army you will get more bonuses, and a private you will make more money that a police officer.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:06am
Yea, but sometimes people just don't like the way the Army runs and they enjoy a more... "homestyle" life.   
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:07am
Mmm, no idea.

I have no motivation in life right now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:08am
Seems silly.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:10am
yea, I'll probably end up that way... I don't know... seems like Coming home to my own bed, under my own roof seems a little better then going to the barracks, and sleeping on some sort of matress imitation. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:11am
Nah, now the baracks are nice. More like dorms.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:12am
Originally posted by ^Pirate^ ^Pirate^ wrote:

Either to get in the NFL or be a BioMedical Engineer(The person who makes the machines, like the ones that track the iodine isotope throughout your body and the CAT-SCAN and MRI).

that's what i started as... at the Milwaukee School of Engineering... freakin sucks... although if you really like engineering... go for it.  it's probably one of the best fields to get into.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:50am
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Mmm, no idea.

I have no motivation in life right now.

It's because you smoke too much.

WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:52am

Why go national gard? Just go army if you want to be an MP.

Seriosly Dbib, just cause the army gave you "special" treatment doesn't mean everybody else wants to go in the army.  The army doesn't offer everything.  Each branch has its share of specialties and jobs, thats why we have 5 branches.  Stop pushin' army.
hungrymonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungrymonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:49am

If you go active duty army you will get more bonuses, and a private you will make more money that a police officer.

They must pay police really bad wages where you live.  Starting wage around here is between $3,500-$4,000 a month. 

I do not know how the army works, but the AF only gave half of the enlistment bonus up front, then the rest after a few years.  So If you opted for a 6 year tour with a $30,000 bonus.  you would get $15,000 on sign up minus tax of around 45%.  Then get the remaining $15,000 at the 4 year mark (minus tax of course). 

If you are joining the Service for the great pay, then you have extremely low standards, and might consider a career at wal-mart.  The pay is about comparable, but you would work less hours. 

A5
Flatline
E trigger
Palmers stabilizer
68ci 4500 psi hpa tank
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 8:49am
I will teach sorry college students how to write better and appreciate literature that's older than they are.

I've just got my core English and creative writing courses ahead of me and I'm golden.

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:06am
I wish I was better at math and/or science. I'd love to get into mechanical/electrical engineering....I'm planning on getting into small time realestate trading too though. I either want to rent or just flip some houses for some extra income. Teachers don't get paid nearly enough so I'm definately going to look for something to suppliment my income....I've always wanted to get into freelance web design too....

XenoSabre View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
o@_ _ _ <-- Snail with diarrhea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XenoSabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:40am
Pilot.
I've applied for every service academy in the U.S.

I just want to fly something with guns or bombs on it. I'm not picky.

Edited by XenoSabre - 17 March 2006 at 11:41am
[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/Xeno-Sabre/kutaragi.png">
http://xeno-sabre.deviantart.com/
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:12pm
I worked for the same forestry company for almost 26 years doing everything from cleanup to plant superintendent.  I decided to take a severance package and take some time off, did that for 3 months and now work in the oilpatch for a company that services the huge 12-16 cylinder gas compressors.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I'm impressed with the amount of realistic aspirations and goals among the forumers. I was half expecting things like "I'm going to be a rainbow six elite tactical squad team leader," or something of the sort.

Also impressed, yet vaguely disappointed.  I usually enjoy a good amount of dream-crushing in these threads, but so far not a lot of dream-crushing fodder here.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I'm impressed with the amount of realistic aspirations and goals among the forumers. I was half expecting things like "I'm going to be a rainbow six elite tactical squad team leader," or something of the sort.

Also impressed, yet vaguely disappointed.  I usually enjoy a good amount of dream-crushing in these threads, but so far not a lot of dream-crushing fodder here.

If I was asked this question last year I probably would of said somthing like Pro Paintballer, or Ticket Scalper.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

Originally posted by ^Pirate^ ^Pirate^ wrote:

Either to get in the NFL or be a <span style="font-weight: bold;">BioMedical Engineer</span>(The person who
makes the machines, like the ones that track the iodine isotope
throughout your body and the CAT-SCAN and MRI).
that's what i started as... at the Milwaukee School of Engineering... freakin sucks... although if you really like engineering... go for it. it's probably one of the best fields to get into.
How could the suck, they have that sweet robot in the commercials,pneuman?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I remember very clearly, your dream-crushing threads.

I was always nervous posting in threads like this with you around. I would post "Yeah I want to be a journalist or work in radio" and sit back and wait for you to either give the thumbs up or down like some Roman ruler in the coliseum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic