FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overated bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:15pm
Hawthore heights, my chemical romance, falloutboy, all american rejects.

Green day and Blink182, I wouldn't say over rated....they just became very mainstream.

I loved green day sing they began, its just now they have such a huge audience you could think they are over rated, but I personally think thier music is awsome (more of their old stuff).

Blink182 still OK but not overrated IMO.

Edited by benttwig33 - 15 March 2006 at 10:18pm
Sig is WAY too big.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:32pm

Greenday = great
AC-DC = great
Blink182 = O.K.
U2 = complete and total suck

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:36pm
There is a thread with the exact same subject from August of 04.  Things haven't changed much...
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Triple post.

Some will hate me for this, but I've never seen anything in Flogging Molly.

Again, it's just an opinion.

Blasphemy. Take that back before pirates pillage your goods and take your women.........................

anyway...that was dumb.

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

because they are the people that make the real fans (me) wait in line for 4 hours trying to get into their concert.  they don't love the music, they love the image....  it doesn't make green day teh devil, but the preppy little girls are the reason there is no croud surfing, moshpits, and alcohol.....  everyone knows for a true punk concert you need all those.  even if u are underage, there just HAS to be drunk people.

Yes, stupid 14 year olds make me pay double for Taking back Sunday because it sold out in one day. They only like it because everyone else does.

I actually have yet to go to a show with no alcohol, crowd surfing, or pits. You couldn't control that at a Green Day concert anyway.

Circle Pits are cool. Being right in front of the stage is cool too, but I hate picking little girls up. People should not be in front of the stage if they can't handle being pushed forward.

Yeah completely off topic. Green Day is way overrated, AC/DC, The Clash, The Ramones, Kiss, The Beatles, and mostly everything people said.

For the record, even though they are overrated I listen to 95% of them.

don't ever go to the st. louis green day concert.  security is tight, and you can't do anything punk related....

the ramones arn't overrated at my school.  i just bought a Ramones hoodie....  it would die if the preps actually did some research and started to "like" them.... i would be forced to break out the ipicac and caster oil.....

X
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by benttwig33 benttwig33 wrote:

Hawthore heights, my chemical romance, falloutboy, all american rejects.

Green day and Blink182, I wouldn't say over rated....they just became very mainstream.

I loved green day sing they began, its just now they have such a huge audience you could think they are over rated, but I personally think thier music is awsome (more of their old stuff).

Blink182 still OK but not overrated IMO.
travis barker is the only reason blink 182 is still popular....  he's a good drummer though....
X
98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:03pm
I only listen to underground music. Once that band goes mainstream i stop listening to them there sell-outs. I liked greenday scince i was 5 then they went mainstream and everyone was like "wooooo cool" they dont really like them there folowing the fad being conformist posers. Most people are like that i mean i got this kid in my grade who used to be real shy and then greenday came out and he turned into a punk loser. He thinks just because well a not anymore punk band was listened to by him he's punk. I like true punk and am a true punk its all split up by classifictions and groups thats what the world is now. All we can do is except peoples opinions and they if mature people except yours. Kinda sucks well what can you do lifes a b##$ch deal with it. 
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:13pm

the ramones arn't overrated at my school.  i just bought a Ramones hoodie....  it would die if the preps actually did some research and started to "like" them.... i would be forced to break out the ipicac and caster oil.....

So, you promote and relish the ignorance of society as a whole to progress and enlightenment, for your own personal contentment?

Commie.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

So, you promote and relish the ignorance of society as a whole to progress and enlightenment, for your own personal contentment?

Commie.
not a commie, a business man.
X
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by 98cboy 98cboy wrote:

I only listen to underground music. Once that band goes mainstream i stop listening to them there sell-outs. I liked greenday scince i was 5 then they went mainstream and everyone was like "wooooo cool" they dont really like them there folowing the fad being conformist posers. Most people are like that i mean i got this kid in my grade who used to be real shy and then greenday came out and he turned into a punk loser. He thinks just because well a not anymore punk band was listened to by him he's punk. I like true punk and am a true punk its all split up by classifictions and groups thats what the world is now. All we can do is except peoples opinions and they if mature people except yours. Kinda sucks well what can you do lifes a b##$ch deal with it. 
so pretty much, it doesn't matter how good the band is....  as long as they arn't mainstream.....  sounds like you are the punk poser.
X
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:31pm

Commie.

A real businessman would be selling ramones cd's and 'hoodies' as fast as he could get his hands on them.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by 98cboy 98cboy wrote:

so pretty much, it doesn't matter how good the band is....  as long as they arn't mainstream.....  sounds like you are the punk poser.

What a loser.

benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by junojpeg junojpeg wrote:

I bet noone here has heard of Rammstein, I think they are awesome.

I rarely ever listen to rock, and I know who they are. Good Job.

They are scary (look wise).

And stupid, can't undertsand german.

haha du hast mesh.....
Sig is WAY too big.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ill feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by benttwig33 benttwig33 wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by junojpeg junojpeg wrote:

I bet noone here has heard of Rammstein, I think they are awesome.

I rarely ever listen to rock, and I know who they are. Good Job.

They are scary (look wise).

And stupid, can't undertsand german.

haha du hast mesh.....

Their only popular in America... I remember reading somthing about they were almost boo'd off stage in Berlin or Norway or somthing like that.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:50pm
There not the best thing live...
the flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:01pm
rolling stones are way overrated!

perhaps the greatest movie ever
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:04pm

Commie.

A real businessman would be selling ramones cd's and 'hoodies' as fast as he could get his hands on them.
ehh, did i piss you off or sumthing?  i mean, i didn't know she was your sister.......
X
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:46am

Originally posted by BooksAndLeaves BooksAndLeaves wrote:

the rolling stones have been playing the same frickin songs for years...

Amen!! I have never understood why the Stones have been such an "Icon" for so long.

Just a decent garage band, IMHO.

If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 11:47am
Originally posted by djrox djrox wrote:

Pink floyd is overrated, they have like 2 good songs.

I assume you have listened to all their albums. All 15+ of them?

Edited by PlentifulBalls - 20 March 2006 at 11:48am

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 11:50am

Pink Floyd?

Maybe a little overrated, but Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest album EVER, IMHO

If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

Pink Floyd?

Maybe a little overrated, but Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest album EVER, IMHO

Yes, they probably are overrated, and DSOTM owns face, but is definitly not their best work. My vote would have to be for Animals, I love that album.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic