FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overated bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:04pm

i hate people who follow stereotypes....  anyway, yes, bands are overrated.... every single one that has a video played on mtv....   anywho, just because a band is overrated doesn't mean they arn't good.  i hate people who think a band sucks because they're overrated.....  it's like not eating cake because everyone else is eating cake.....  anywho, i'm not out to change your music taste, i just wanted to share my opinion.  also, the only reason people like green day is because the prep-emos think they're cool to listen to them.... blame the media for that. 

edit: i take it back.  the arguements have stopped.  u are safe for now. 

Edited by Styro Folme - 14 March 2006 at 11:36pm
X
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:07pm
Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, in my opinion.
Plus plenty of newer stuff
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:11pm
I like Green Day.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:16pm
pink floyd is way overrated at my school...  it's annoying.  noone is origional and they all have the same shirts and hoodies..... 
X
chimchik49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchik49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:25pm
i wish the kids at my school actually listened to rock music. they're all emo or hip hop
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

pink floyd is way overrated at my school...  it's annoying.  noone is origional and they all have the same shirts and hoodies..... 

I bet they haven't heard anything other than The WAll, DSOTM or Wish You Were Here. Fools don't even scrape the surface of Floyd's awesome.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

I bet they haven't heard anything other than The WAll, DSOTM or Wish You Were Here. Fools don't even scrape the surface of Floyd's awesome.
i doubt they even know those lol....  Pink Floyd is ok, just not for me.  i do respect them though....  they just need more shirts and hoodies.... getting tired of staring at rainbows all day....
X
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if Id have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:32pm

I didnt think this thread would turn into a argrument. You guys in your "infinate ingnorace" made this thread into an argument. What I mean by overrated was that everyone thinks they are the best band in the world. Also for all of you who thinks "emo" kids go home and cry in a corner and cut thier rist are wrong. . Anyways I see a common trend in music now a days. First a local/underground artist or band goes mainstream then everyone hates them. Like Green Day. Its getting really old. Why cant we appreaciate a band and their music but when the majority thinks they are too main stream they turn around and dont like them anymore. I listen to MCR and The Used and nobody would know that because of my looks. I just like thier music. I dont dress in black, I dont cut my rists, I have a very god mother and father who take care of me. Very sterotypical music has become now a days. I also like punk but I dont have a mohawk and skateboard.

Also what if preps like Green Day does that make Green Day the devil now? Come on guys isnt that the point of music, to spread different ideas. So if rednecks start listening to rap does that mean everyone who owns listens to rap who appreciated that kind of music will suddenly not listening to it now just because another "click" listens to it.

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Jesus Christ yall, old emo was good, this new  horse  that is called emo sucks. End of story

I have an opening in my schedule this Thursday, if you would like to discuss your troubles.

Man your an idiot.

Emo is short for emotional. Music is supposed to be about emotion. Not some rapper discussing the wheels on his car (not hating on rap just using an example).

chimchik49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchik49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:33pm
pink floyd is one of my favorites but if u listen to the same band they burn out after awhile
Pump Scout View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pump Scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

hm... system of a down

Roger that. SOAD is just terrible. I can never be sure if their singer is trying to sound that awful, or if he just can't control his voice. Either way, it's poop.
BooksAndLeaves View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested, Binary F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooksAndLeaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

Jesus Christ yall, old emo was good, this new  horse  that is called emo sucks. End of story

I have an opening in my schedule this Thursday, if you would like to discuss your troubles.

Man your an idiot.

Emo is short for emotional. Music is supposed to be about emotion. Not some rapper discussing the wheels on his car (not hating on rap just using an example).

A lot of music is about emotion.......
01001001 00100000 01100111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101110 00101110 00101110
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:37pm
I think the Beatles were and still are overrated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:39pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I think the Beatles were and still are overrated.

agreed

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:40pm
Music is subjective....
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:42pm
I disagree with some of the bands others have mentioned as overrated and that is my own opinion.

And with that I will happily go about my way not having to worry about any of you buying my ticket whenever said bands come play a concert near me.

To each their own.

The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:42pm
I apologize.
I wasn't aware that there was an "old" emo, therefore, I shouldn't say that all emo is crap.  Today's emo is crap.  I'll get back to you guys after I evaluate this 'old' emo.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:45pm
I get the feeling most of you dont know the difference between Emo and Pop.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:48pm

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I get the feeling most of you dont know the difference between Emo and Pop.

Enlighten us

paintmagnet420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintmagnet420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by chimchik49 chimchik49 wrote:

Originally posted by TheSpookyKids87 TheSpookyKids87 wrote:

Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, KISS

nuff said

you and spooky both need to get a life. AC/DC is one of the only bands to still sell an album that was recorded over thirty years ago. if that isn't success, then there is none. I think the ultimate success would be to influence a genre of music after your dead. That said, Elvis and Kid Rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic