FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overated bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by BooksAndLeaves BooksAndLeaves wrote:

I don't think theres a band that everyone loves..

The Who, everyone should love the who, and if they don't, they don't know good music, and should jump off of a bridge.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by The American The American wrote:

Any Emo=crap

Now I wouldn't say that the Stones are overrated.  I don't care how much you hate them, they've been too successful to be considered overrated.
    Here you need to make a distinction. Anything that is considered emo today is usually thought of as "third wave emo" by genre nazis like myself. Many bands that started or influenced the original, or underground emo scene, are indeed good bands. Stuff like Fugazi, Embrace, Rites Of Spring, some Lifetime, and actually some Hot Water Music, etc.

Some of the most heartfelt music I've ever heard are from bands such as Indian Summer, Native Nod, and Evergreen. Ask most people that claim to listen to emo these days, and I'd be willing to bet that most of them have never heard of most of those bands. Today, any pop-punk-ish screamy-ish band gets lumped into this obscure category of emo. Examples of such bands are crap like Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, The Used, My Chemical Romance, etc.

All I'm trying to say is, don't say all emo is crap, mostly because what you think of as emo, really isn't. It's just watered down modern pop punk with emotional undertones. I'd bet that a lot of people in this forum would in fact enjoy and appreciate the underground and hardcore emo from the 80's and 90's before it sold out, and became the marketing ploy that it is today.

Edited by Benjichang - 14 March 2006 at 8:17pm
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:19pm
All emo is crap. All of it. You should not be proud of knowing more of it than most.

KoolKidsKlan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has a gerbil fetish and likes 2 share it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolKidsKlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:20pm
Green day is #1 Overated

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

All emo is crap. All of it. You should not be proud of knowing more of it than most.

The stuff I listen to is so incomparable to today's emo that it's pretty much a completely different style of music. You don't know what you're talking about.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:25pm
You're the one slitting your wrists, I'm just trying to help.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:26pm
hm... system of a down
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:29pm
Nirvana
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:29pm

I think Blink 182 would qualify...agreed on Green Day.

Most overrated song of the moment IMO-Photographs, by Nickelback. I'm sick of this song-it's like Higher and With Arms Wide Open when Creed was the "thing". I remember Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse giving me the same nausea when they played it every single day.

The Rolling Stones are overrated to an extent-but they are, nonetheless, an incredibly successful band. We could go there with the Beatles, too. Talented? Yeah. Overrated? Definately. Same goes for Eric Clapton, IMO.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:31pm
Fall Out Boy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:31pm

I'm actually a pretty happy kid. All the stupid stereotypes about 'emo kids' slitting their wrists are a result of all the crap that gets marketed as emo these days. It's a way to sell records to angst-ridden teens that think that nobody understands them. I hate modern day emo as much as you do.  I agree that it sucks. What I don't agree with is when you say that all emo sucks, because the old stuff from the early 90's and late 80's sucked very little. All I'm saying is that there is a whole category of music that existed as emo before it became the filth that it is today. Back then it wasn't cool to wear eye make up and slit your wrists, trust me.
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:36pm
Greenday , Linkin Park , people who think the stuff they listen to is so heavy and talented when it suxs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I'm actually a pretty happy kid. All the stupid stereotypes about 'emo kids' slitting their wrists are a result of all the crap that gets marketed as emo these days. It's a way to sell records to angst-ridden teens that think that nobody understands them. I hate modern day emo as much as you do.  I agree that it sucks. What I don't agree with is when you say that all emo sucks, because the old stuff from the early 90's and late 80's sucked very little. All I'm saying is that there is a whole category of music that existed as emo before it became the filth that it is today. Back then it wasn't cool to wear eye make up and slit your wrists, trust me.

I can't help you until you admit that you have a problem.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:39pm
Whatever. I quit. If ever I can broaden your musical horizons, just let me know. Until then, I'm done with this thread.

Edited by Benjichang - 14 March 2006 at 8:45pm
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Whatever. I quit. If ever I can broader your musical horizons, just let me know. Until then, I'm done with this thread.

Can you broaden my musical horizons?
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:45pm
Jesus Christ yall, old emo was good, this new  horse  that is called emo sucks. End of story
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Jesus Christ yall, old emo was good, this new  horse  that is called emo sucks. End of story

I have an opening in my schedule this Thursday, if you would like to discuss your troubles.

Edited by Frozen Balls - 14 March 2006 at 8:49pm

chimchik49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchik49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Oedipus Oedipus wrote:

Stones need to just stop. Whether that means stop singing/touring, or just have everyone drop dead, I don't care.

Mars Volta.... I just don't understand what people see in that.

lets just forget about all the good bands that are gettin on in their years. its not our fault their old. how about we only listen to music being made today and forget completely about some of the best songs ever made.

TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:01pm
Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, KISS

Edited by TheSpookyKids87 - 14 March 2006 at 9:02pm
chimchik49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchik49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:04pm

Originally posted by TheSpookyKids87 TheSpookyKids87 wrote:

Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, KISS

nuff said

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic