Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ball will not stay inside bolt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
n8dogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8dogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ball will not stay inside bolt
    Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:13pm

every time i chamber a ball and tilt my marker down the ball falls right out the barrel of my a-5. i have just resently installed a flat line barrel. the next ball that chambers will either fall out or not shoot. please i cannot figure this out and think i may be missing something or over looking somthing please help thank you.

eldiablo_si View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldiablo_si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:40pm
Have you taken your gun apart recently?  It sounds to me like you are either missing your ball latch or it is turned around.
A-5 w/ APE E-Grip, Polished Internals, 12" Lapco Bigshot, GTA X Chamber, Dead On RVA, Trinity Spring Kit, Smart Parts Inline On/Off, Smart Parts Anti-Siphons
hungrymonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungrymonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:49pm

I have noticed that when you unscrew the front 3 screws to install the flatline.  It will leave the reciever halves loose enough for the ball detent to fall out of its groove and/Or get pinched between the halves. 

You might want to take the barrel off and see if this has happened.

A5
Flatline
E trigger
Palmers stabilizer
68ci 4500 psi hpa tank
eldiablo_si View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldiablo_si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 8:47pm
Ball detent!  That was the word I wanted to use when I said "latch" lol.
A-5 w/ APE E-Grip, Polished Internals, 12" Lapco Bigshot, GTA X Chamber, Dead On RVA, Trinity Spring Kit, Smart Parts Inline On/Off, Smart Parts Anti-Siphons
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 10:32pm
It's called "latch" in Tippmann speak. Either way, that's probably the problem. 
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:52am
Originally posted by n8dogg n8dogg wrote:

every time i chamber a ball and tilt my marker down the ball falls right out the barrel of my a-5. i have just resently installed a flat line barrel. the next ball that chambers will either fall out or not shoot. please i cannot figure this out and think i may be missing something or over looking somthing please help thank you.

The detent is missing or mis-installed.

n8dogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8dogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 4:33pm

i took my gun apart after the advise and found that my ball latch was missing. i did take my gun apart after i installed the flat line and i must have dropped the ball latch and then didn't even notice it was missing when i reassembled it, now i just have to find it or get a new one thank you

manoman12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manoman12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 7:01pm
you can get one on www.tippmannparts.com for cheap
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:45pm

Originally posted by manoman12 manoman12 wrote:

you can get one on www.tippmannparts.com for cheap

Or at just about any shop that sells Tippmanns. Buy a hand full.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 12:39am
Originally posted by hungrymonkey hungrymonkey wrote:

I have noticed that when you unscrew the front 3 screws to install the flatline.  It will leave the reciever halves loose enough for the ball detent to fall out of its groove and/Or get pinched between the halves. 

You must completely unscrew those screws for this to happen, and that isn't necessary to install the Flatline on an A-5.  Just loosening the screws a couple of turns is sufficient, and you run no risk of losing any parts.

Crossfire636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crossfire636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:30pm
either theres no ball latch or its backwards...and your barrel is prob. to big if paint can roll all the way through, but its the ball latch i hope
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:39pm
ball latch/detent definitely. sounds like its not even there.

guys, im depressed. my proshop charged me, get this, 15 bucks CAN to for a detent to stop my double feed/chop issues. 15 BUCKS!
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
--Red-- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Red-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:55pm
wowowow ^^ for a little tiny ball latch?
onef457z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onef457z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:28pm
I paid $1.43 for a detent for my custom 98 this afternoon when i couldn't find mine.  I could have pulled that out from under my seat of my car.  $15?  That blows.
Custom Paintjob, Polished Internals, Pen Spring, Cyclone Feed, Richochet Hopper, X-Chamber, Promark Trigger, Dye Sticky3s, Stainless Bolts, RocketCock, DOP Drop Forward, 14" Whisper Barrel
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:31pm
yea its that ball latch thingy caus ei took my 98c apart 2day and i was lookin at that lil thing goin .... wow if i lsot that im screwed ....so thats y its orange probly lol but now i screwed my front sight spring 
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

ball latch/detent definitely. sounds like its not even there.

guys, im depressed. my proshop charged me, get this, 15 bucks CAN to for a detent to stop my double feed/chop issues. 15 BUCKS!

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!

I'd tell them to shove it in an unpleasant place for that much!

Well, first off tell them they SUCK as a proshop if a detent is $15...  and then never go there again :P
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:31pm
lol. my friend never unscrewed the gun to get the adapter out to put his flatline in. he sold his flatline and got a j and j. now the j and j sometimes falls out of the gun when hes shooting. its like really loose.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
TheBaldGuy View Drop Down
"Don’t get shot, don’t play paintball."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBaldGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:30pm
Remember, he said $15 CAN.  That's what? $2US? j/k. You got hosed, but no worse than here.  Called my local shop, they wanted $6 USD for one.  Just added a couple to the order today when I bought my J&J.  $2 each.
rdcisneros3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdcisneros3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 7:54am
That's an outrageous price, especially since you can call Tippmann's service number and they will ship you one for FREE.
Donny Cisneros
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:24am
ever since i got my qloader i double feed every now n then, think its a worn down detent?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic