FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People in/was in Armed Service. *update*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:33pm
so you're saying dying is better than living?

i like living... and all the fun stuff that goes along with it... eating, drinking, you know... that stuff...

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:36pm
No dying isnt better than living. But if you die in service of your country. Its not the worst thing that could happen.
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

It seems to me that most young guys in the army are the guys who screwed up in high school. So to all you kids out there, study so you do not have to die.

Get some stones. Being a teacher, working around "intellectuals", and going to school now for almost eight years straight, I have heard every excuse why my male colleagues did not have time or the "stones" to serve our nation in any capacity. Sounds like another excuse to me. Funny thing is that the teachers who teach the highest levels (sections) of science and math in my high school are both combat veterans.

Obviously Ced is stereotyping, but lets admit. There are people who had no future that went into the armed forces, there are people who made themselves in the armed forces. There are extremes at both ends of everything. A friend of mine wanted to join the Army, and I wouldn't trust him with a cork gun.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

No dying isnt better than living.

And you know this how?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:46pm
I guess its my opinion.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

I guess its my opinion.

So you're just guessing. You haven't actually seen death or have died and come back.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:51pm
Seen death? Cheeky fellow with a black robe? Sure, see him all the time.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:36am
Everyone dies eventually, make the most of the time you've been given. 
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic