FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People in/was in Armed Service. *update*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:42pm
I just didnt like MEPS because we went to this hotel, woke up at 4, went to the MEPS station, did our military documentation, then the physical, the entire thing took 11 and a half hours.

Then there was the contract and MOS business, they couldnt find my name on their list because i was already in an AIT school in fort huachuka, so that tacked on about 2 hours. I was catching sleep when i could on these uncomfortable breifing room chairs.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Yea, I went to get my EKG, and well... I'm DQ'd, and... antoher bad thing is that I have a really crappy Valve, and I need open heart surgery within the next couple years.

Is anyone really surpised here?

Arent you glad you ate all the fast food grease, sugar, and sat at your computer instead of playing outside?

You havent even lived 20 years yet and your hear is already shot.

Congrats!

I was born with it, my papy hada similar problem, but not as bad.  Also, I'm not diabetic, or any other problem, yea... I'm a little big, but all I need to do is loose like 5-10 vanity pounds and I'd be at normal weight.
HOInfantry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:46pm

That's how life is. Standby to standby for a possible maybe. Waiting entirely too long for something. Jacked up paper work. That is the norm. If everything goes smooth, somebody done jacked something up on purpose. Trust me, it's never smooth. MY name was on the paper...I was shipping to bootcamp.

Edit- As much as I hate the Army...let me give you some advice on the way I've seen things work: if it can be broken and jacked up, it they can make it not work, then it won't. Common sense is not authorized while in uniform!

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:48pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:48pm
What gave me a chuckle during the military documentation bit was that they misspelled my first name, not my last name. I thought that was funny. Gave me a tickle.
HOInfantry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:52pm

Do you have any idea how long it took them to get my name right?

Langewisch...it was spelled-
Lehngwich
Lengwisch
Langwish
Longwisch (wasn't that bad when the first four letters were capitalized)

Finally, it is correct, though on my promotion is says Lengwisch. Heck, they'll get the important trash right...blood type, social security number, sex, and sometimes your pay, but personal trash...you're a number.

NOTE: I said SOMETIMES pay

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:53pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:53pm
Man.. You have a doosy of a name..
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:09pm
My name used to get interesting....

When I would answer the phone in the aid station..."Aid Station 2nd/325, this is an unsecure line...Sgt Majors speaking" CLICK.
Half the time people would hang up thinking they had accidentaly called the CSM's office.
I used to get a kick out of it.
RLTW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:12pm
Just like Catch22.

Major Major Major Major.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:18pm
It seems to me that most young guys in the army are the guys who screwed up in high school. So to all you kids out there, study so you do not have to die.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:25pm
A lot of people use the armed forces as a steping stone to aquire certain job skills.

Others try to do this and end up falling in love with the armed forces.

And still yet others just love the armed forces.

Edited by DBibeau855 - 21 March 2006 at 8:25pm
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

It seems to me that most young guys in the army are the guys who screwed up in high school. So to all you kids out there, study so you do not have to die.

Someone has to do it.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Someone has to do it.

Well yeah. All of the idiots in high school. But if we weren't in a war in the first place, these kids could be making me french fries.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:02pm

these kids could be making me french fries.

Not as easy as it sounds.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:32pm

Except for those of us using it to pay for university...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:40pm
Well ill be going to basic in August for the Army, my MOS is EINT (electronic intelligence), wiretaping phones,intercepting e-mails, and what not. But something to consider before signing up is... your future. I was thinking about EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) because i like blowing stuff up, and being in a dangerous position, but i thought about it and blowing stuff up set me up with no-where to go after i get out. So i went with a intelligence job, got my top secret clearance and after my 4 years im set. I know its not all going to be easy, but im excited for it. Both of my parents were in the army and and it did GREAT things for them, i hope i am as fortunate.
Also as far as ASVAB scores go, i know of no-one that scored higher than a 100 AFQT score (which is the highest you can get. Each branch interprets the line scores differently. And whoever said that a 73 is a low score, its really not. THe guy might have scored low somewhere and really high in others. My GT score is a little bit lower than what a few guys have posted (mine 115 GT) but i still had a choice of any job i wanted except for special forces (missed by 2 points, but i dont really care). My other scores however were really high. But anyways, just finishing up High School, and then goin to Hawaii for two weeks, getting married, then basic.... one heck of a summer.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Yea, I went to get my EKG, and well... I'm DQ'd, and... antoher bad thing is that I have a really crappy Valve, and I need open heart surgery within the next couple years.

Is anyone really surpised here?

Arent you glad you ate all the fast food grease, sugar, and sat at your computer instead of playing outside?

You havent even lived 20 years yet and your hear is already shot.

Congrats!

I was born with it, my papy hada similar problem, but not as bad.  Also, I'm not diabetic, or any other problem, yea... I'm a little big, but all I need to do is loose like 5-10 vanity pounds and I'd be at normal weight.

Have you gotten a retest? A second opinion? An EKG wasn't required when I went in. Fortunately, even if it is a real positive test, heart valve replacements are pretty routine nowadays. Unfortunately, having heart surgery will disqualify you from military service.

MP's train at Ft McClellan, Alabama. I don't know where it is you live now, but few places are more miserable in the summer than the deep south. Anniston is the local "big" city, and the nightlife is somewhat limited for anyone who doesn't drive a 4x4 pickup with a big rebel flag flying from a pole on the bed. Southern girls are alot of fun though .

Law school (I'm a law school drop out), and the law in general isn't a good choice if you are looking for a low stress career. If I hadn't gotten a job in law enforcement myself, I'd have probably gotten a degree in education and become a teacher.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

these kids could be making me french fries.

Not as easy as it sounds.

I'd rather a kid with a .5 gpa handling some fries rather than a firearm.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 12:46am
Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

Also as far as ASVAB scores go, i know of no-one that scored higher than a 100 AFQT score (which is the highest you can get. Each branch interprets the line scores differently. And whoever said that a 73 is a low score, its really not. THe guy might have scored low somewhere and really high in others. My GT score is a little bit lower than what a few guys have posted (mine 115 GT) but i still had a choice of any job i wanted except for special forces (missed by 2 points, but i dont really care). My other scores however were really high. But anyways, just finishing up High School, and then goin to Hawaii for two weeks, getting married, then basic.... one heck of a summer.

Wow, you just made it in then, my GT score was 127.
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 1:26am

Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Someone has to do it.

Well yeah. All of the idiots in high school. But if we weren't in a war in the first place, these kids could be making me french fries.

wouldn't that be weird.... if we didn't have anyone willing to fight for our freedom... I wonder what language would we be talking right now ? 

A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 1:47am
A frend of mine is in the Army.  He's over in South Korea right now.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic