Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People in/was in Armed Service. *update*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
warman View Drop Down
What the duece happened

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:46am
Hopefully you don't have diabetes, but if you get to train and handle military dogs you should not be disapointed. That is probably the one of the coolest things you can do. I don't know if your planning on a law enforcement career outside of the militay, you may very well end up as a k-9 handler. You should see having a dog as a bonus man. i know a mp in the marines who got to go all over the world with the George Bush and the first lady because she trained/handled military dogs.
N is for nowledge

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 2:00am
Originally posted by warman warman wrote:

Hopefully you don't have diabetes, but if you get to train and handle military dogs you should not be disapointed. That is probably the one of the coolest things you can do. I don't know if your planning on a law enforcement career outside of the militay, you may very well end up as a k-9 handler. You should see having a dog as a bonus man. i know a mp in the marines who got to go all over the world with the George Bush and the first lady because she trained/handled military dogs.

i dont have diabities, I drank some OJ before Meps that sky rocketed my Blood sugar levels, the odd thing was is that I was dehydrated(sp), but my blood sugar level was way high.

edit: yea I was looking to be a COP since my Senior year of school, and with me being an MP I'm sure any Acadamey would be more then happy to sign me on.

Edited by Panda Man - 12 March 2006 at 2:04am
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 2:27am
How long was it after you drank your O.J. ?  for a normal person, the body produces its natural insulin and stabilizes the blood sugar levels to around 90-120 mg/dl after 2-3 hours.  You do show signs, the feeling of dehydration is one of the symptoms, tiredness too.  You may want to ask your parents/relatives to find out if anyone has diabetes in the family.  If you are constantly thirsty, can't hold urine and gotta go frequently.... better get that checked.  Believe me I know.    Dont' mean to scare you, but it happens.  Especially if it runs in your family, you would be at a higher risk.
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:02am
Seriously, MEPS is terrible, i slept an hour and a half, we had to stay overnight and wake up at 4 oclock, go from the hotel to the MEPS station on fort meade, the whole process on a saturday took 11.5 hours, thank god it wasnt a monday.. thats when it takes a reaally long time..
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:23am
my bro hates it. he has to be with jerks that are higher rank than him. they found out he wasnt re enlisting so they make it hard on them like make them go back over seas for six months when there almost done with their service and putting them places they dont want to be.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:26am
Well, congrats. I hope you get the mos that you want.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 5:47pm
Yea, I went to get my EKG, and well...  I'm DQ'd, and... antoher bad thing is that I have a really crappy Valve, and I need open heart surgery within the next couple years. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 5:54pm
PDQed or TDQed?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:00pm
Damn, that sucks. 
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Damn, that sucks. 

Yea it does, but... you live with what you got... also my career as being a Cop is shot down as well.. but I guess I belong in the court room instead of outside it... I'm still going to go into law as a profession, but I guess I'll have to settle for Paralegal, or somthing.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:10pm
Can you try and enlist after the sugery?
HOInfantry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:15pm

Why the Army?

"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:16pm
Because the army owns all.

Although the navy pays better.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

One of my friends just graduated basic training and is getting ready to start the Cav scout training at Ft Knox. He had an ASVAB score of 34, and he enlisted on a waiver.

I know you can do worse but... Damn.. How did he get only a 34.. That test is common sense..
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Yea, I went to get my EKG, and well... I'm DQ'd, and... antoher bad thing is that I have a really crappy Valve, and I need open heart surgery within the next couple years.

Is anyone really surpised here?

Arent you glad you ate all the fast food grease, sugar, and sat at your computer instead of playing outside?

You havent even lived 20 years yet and your hear is already shot.

Congrats!

Edited by Hades - 21 March 2006 at 6:32pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:34pm
Man, no that sucks that he went through MEPS to get DQed after the fact. MEPS sucks.

All that and he got DQed because he was a couch potato growing up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:37pm

Explain...how does the Army own all?

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:39pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

One of my friends just graduated basic training and is getting ready to start the Cav scout training at Ft Knox. He had an ASVAB score of 34, and he enlisted on a waiver.

I know you can do worse but... Damn.. How did he get only a 34.. That test is common sense..

Because that's what you get from the Army...

"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:38pm
Explain MEPS? You went through MEPS. You didnt think it was long and boring? All the "Get ready and wait" attitude of the armed forces.

I went army, i finished that test in 45 minutes and scored an 82, 127 of a 115 to get intel.

I did very well thank you.

Edited by DBibeau855 - 21 March 2006 at 6:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:40pm

Geez dude...you think MEPS was bad? Holy crap! Whatever dude, MEPS is a breeze. Wow...just...wow...you'll hate your time in.

Hmm...good job...

88 and 127GT, I chose infantry.

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:43pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic