FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People in/was in Armed Service. *update*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:12pm
Just like Catch22.

Major Major Major Major.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:09pm
My name used to get interesting....

When I would answer the phone in the aid station..."Aid Station 2nd/325, this is an unsecure line...Sgt Majors speaking" CLICK.
Half the time people would hang up thinking they had accidentaly called the CSM's office.
I used to get a kick out of it.
RLTW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:53pm
Man.. You have a doosy of a name..
HOInfantry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:52pm

Do you have any idea how long it took them to get my name right?

Langewisch...it was spelled-
Lehngwich
Lengwisch
Langwish
Longwisch (wasn't that bad when the first four letters were capitalized)

Finally, it is correct, though on my promotion is says Lengwisch. Heck, they'll get the important trash right...blood type, social security number, sex, and sometimes your pay, but personal trash...you're a number.

NOTE: I said SOMETIMES pay

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:53pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:48pm
What gave me a chuckle during the military documentation bit was that they misspelled my first name, not my last name. I thought that was funny. Gave me a tickle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:46pm

That's how life is. Standby to standby for a possible maybe. Waiting entirely too long for something. Jacked up paper work. That is the norm. If everything goes smooth, somebody done jacked something up on purpose. Trust me, it's never smooth. MY name was on the paper...I was shipping to bootcamp.

Edit- As much as I hate the Army...let me give you some advice on the way I've seen things work: if it can be broken and jacked up, it they can make it not work, then it won't. Common sense is not authorized while in uniform!

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:48pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Yea, I went to get my EKG, and well... I'm DQ'd, and... antoher bad thing is that I have a really crappy Valve, and I need open heart surgery within the next couple years.

Is anyone really surpised here?

Arent you glad you ate all the fast food grease, sugar, and sat at your computer instead of playing outside?

You havent even lived 20 years yet and your hear is already shot.

Congrats!

I was born with it, my papy hada similar problem, but not as bad.  Also, I'm not diabetic, or any other problem, yea... I'm a little big, but all I need to do is loose like 5-10 vanity pounds and I'd be at normal weight.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:42pm
I just didnt like MEPS because we went to this hotel, woke up at 4, went to the MEPS station, did our military documentation, then the physical, the entire thing took 11 and a half hours.

Then there was the contract and MOS business, they couldnt find my name on their list because i was already in an AIT school in fort huachuka, so that tacked on about 2 hours. I was catching sleep when i could on these uncomfortable breifing room chairs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:40pm

Geez dude...you think MEPS was bad? Holy crap! Whatever dude, MEPS is a breeze. Wow...just...wow...you'll hate your time in.

Hmm...good job...

88 and 127GT, I chose infantry.

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:43pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:38pm
Explain MEPS? You went through MEPS. You didnt think it was long and boring? All the "Get ready and wait" attitude of the armed forces.

I went army, i finished that test in 45 minutes and scored an 82, 127 of a 115 to get intel.

I did very well thank you.

Edited by DBibeau855 - 21 March 2006 at 6:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

One of my friends just graduated basic training and is getting ready to start the Cav scout training at Ft Knox. He had an ASVAB score of 34, and he enlisted on a waiver.

I know you can do worse but... Damn.. How did he get only a 34.. That test is common sense..

Because that's what you get from the Army...

"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:37pm

Explain...how does the Army own all?

Edited by HOInfantry - 21 March 2006 at 6:39pm
"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:34pm
Man, no that sucks that he went through MEPS to get DQed after the fact. MEPS sucks.

All that and he got DQed because he was a couch potato growing up.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Yea, I went to get my EKG, and well... I'm DQ'd, and... antoher bad thing is that I have a really crappy Valve, and I need open heart surgery within the next couple years.

Is anyone really surpised here?

Arent you glad you ate all the fast food grease, sugar, and sat at your computer instead of playing outside?

You havent even lived 20 years yet and your hear is already shot.

Congrats!

Edited by Hades - 21 March 2006 at 6:32pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

One of my friends just graduated basic training and is getting ready to start the Cav scout training at Ft Knox. He had an ASVAB score of 34, and he enlisted on a waiver.

I know you can do worse but... Damn.. How did he get only a 34.. That test is common sense..
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:16pm
Because the army owns all.

Although the navy pays better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:15pm

Why the Army?

"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:10pm
Can you try and enlist after the sugery?
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Damn, that sucks. 

Yea it does, but... you live with what you got... also my career as being a Cop is shot down as well.. but I guess I belong in the court room instead of outside it... I'm still going to go into law as a profession, but I guess I'll have to settle for Paralegal, or somthing.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:00pm
Damn, that sucks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic