Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bin Laden’s most successful attack on....

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Why does .Ryan need to bother proving his points to any of you? Things are falling apart quite nicely on their own.


Live in lebanon or north korea for a year, and then come back and tell us how our country is falling apart.

Our country is functioning just as its supposed to.
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 10:25pm

I lived in Europe for awhile.  The French were splendid. 



Edited by Badsmitty - 28 February 2006 at 10:41pm
Back to Top
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Joined: 29 December 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 3489
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 7:42am
This thread almost piqued my interest when I thought .Ryan said "topless" in one of his posts.  Alas, however, he said "topples".  I promptly lost interest.
Back to Top
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Outranked by guitarguy?

Joined: 11 September 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

I lived in Europe for awhile.  The French were splendid. 


Then why did you come back?
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

I lived in Europe for awhile. The French were splendid.



Wow.. I guess you were on moveon.org for the whole Muslim riots last year... Seems to me they arent doing that great anymore.



Oh, and youre right, he doesn't. No one has to prove opinion.. but when you try to sell it as facts, THATS when you have to prove it.

Edited by Linus - 01 March 2006 at 8:38am

Back to Top
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 8:43am
I agree.

Everything is Bush's fault.

The Republican party ate my baby.

Hail to the Lefties and their quest to make us a welfare society!

Nancy Pelosi for President and Ted Kennedy for Sainthood!
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 9:08am
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:


The Republican party ate my baby.
No.. I'm sure that one was Nadr...

Back to Top
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
What AM I smoking?

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5691
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 9:30am
Originally posted by BooksAndLeaves BooksAndLeaves wrote:

I am too lazy to learn about what is going on in the government


So many people seem to be proud about statements like this...
Not knowing politics shouldn't be something you're happy about. Whether you like them or not, politics DO affect you, and everyone else.
Back to Top
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:16am

You know, the democrats are never going to win an election if the only platform they stand on is the "I hate Bush" platform.

It seems to me that they spend more time trying to pitch to me the evils of G.W. and the badness that he's done in the last few years than offering up to me any plans for resolutions they've got.

As for wiretapping, Who authorized the survelliance of Martin Luther King?

Its nothing new. Its just something Bush is behind right now, so its a terrible instance of how the country is falling into shambles.

But what do I know? I'm just a thoughtless sheep who hates minorities and loves a nice drawn out war that has no reason for it.

Drill in Alaska! Nuke the Whales!

 



Back to Top
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I hate to do this in public

Joined: 09 December 2002
Location: Senegal
Status: Offline
Points: 3930
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

You know, the democrats are never going to win an election if the only platform they stand on is the "I hate Bush" platform.

BINGO


Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 12:32pm
Goddamn. Awesome thread, and I've got work tonight til 9.

Definitely some good arguements all around ehre. I can't wait to jump in.

The one minor note I can make right now is that the 16 days for Afghansitan thing was logistics. You can't mobilize an army overnight; huge amoutns of tactical and strategic assets had to be moved into place, and undoubtedly there were a lot of quick negotiations with the Northern Alliance. Two weeks to launch a decisive invasion was actually impressively fast.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

I lived in Europe for awhile.  The French were splendid. 


Then why did you come back?

Because I live in America, perhaps?  Because when my enlistment ran out I came home, perhaps?  Because I felt it would be nice to travel beyond the borders of my home county before I began passing judgements on entire cultures, perhaps?



Edited by Badsmitty - 01 March 2006 at 3:19pm
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

I lived in Europe for awhile. The French were splendid.



Wow.. I guess you were on moveon.org for the whole Muslim riots last year... Seems to me they arent doing that great anymore.



Oh, and youre right, he doesn't. No one has to prove opinion.. but when you try to sell it as facts, THATS when you have to prove it.

Wow, I guess I just liked the people and the food.  Ever been there? 

As for .Ryan, he gave his thought/opinion.  End of story.



Edited by Badsmitty - 01 March 2006 at 3:24pm
Back to Top
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Joined: 13 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 635
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 3:38pm

Without a 5000 word Linus-esque diatribe, here it is in a nutshell:

.Ryan has nothing to "prove", because Der Bush has done it already:

1. Iraq is in a civil war, making the invasion a bad idea, no matter what your argument.

2. The Vice Prez did in fact sell out his own CIA operative (Valerie Plame) because her husband was in fact, right that there was no uranium Iraq. And if he will sink that low, then every negative thing about him must be right in my book.

3. We haven't caught Bin Laden, which must mean that we attacked the wrong country.

4. And finally, no matter if all of Iraq was seeded with toxic a-bombs in 1990, they aren't there now, making Bush wrong, just as the UN told him.

In summary, every thing that Bush said was wrong, every person he fired, suppressed, or bullied was right, and you still agree with him. That must make every mod and right winger on this site the last bastion and 34% of American people that only get Fox News under their rock, and stil support the Flying Monkey.

Congratulations on your unwavering support of failure.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:


1. Iraq is in a civil war, making the invasion a bad idea, no matter what your argument.

So, thats basically like saying the American Revolutionary War was a bad idea. I mean, c'mon, the Loyalist fought the Rebels... Same exact thing thats going on now.

Or hell, the American Civil War was a terrible idea as well, simply by the fact that we had to fight our own people to keep our country intact.

Damn our selves!

Originally posted by GS GS wrote:

2. The Vice Prez did in fact sell out his own CIA operative (Valerie Plame) because her husband was in fact, right that there was no uranium Iraq. And if he will sink that low, then every negative thing about him must be right in my book.
I see nothing on how this has to do with GWB...

Originally posted by GS GS wrote:

3. We haven't caught Bin Laden, which must mean that we attacked the wrong country.

No, it simply means we havent found him. We never 'caught' the Kaiser, guess it was a bad idea to liberate all of those countries then, eh?

Originally posted by GS GS wrote:

4. And finally, no matter if all of Iraq was seeded with toxic a-bombs in 1990, they aren't there now, making Bush wrong, just as the UN told him.

No, it does NOT make him wrong. What did you want the Pres to do, go over to Iraq himself and look for the weapons? That's naiive.

It's not the Pres. job to get intel on things, it's his job to act on the intel given to him.

The intel given to him didnt come from American agencies either. Nope, not just the CIA/NSA. It also came from Interpol. It also came from the Isreali Intelligence Community. It also came from MI-5 (England) It also came from the Japanese Intelligence Community.

I am 100% certain that Saddam had WMD's of one form or another in Iraq in the months leading up to us going in, and until PROVEN otherwise, I will believe the intelligence agencies of 5+ countries over you ANY DAY.


Originally posted by GS GS wrote:

In summary, every thing that Bush said was wrong, every person he fired, suppressed, or bullied was right, and you still agree with him. That must make every mod and right winger on this site the last bastion and 34% of American people that only get Fox News under their rock, and stil support the Flying Monkey.

Yes, we agree with him becuase of the simple fact that he is doing the job he was RE-elected to do.. and thats to make America and the World a safer place.


Originally posted by GS GS wrote:

Congratulations on your unwavering support of failure.

   Hmm.. coulda sworn that was anyone who still supported the Democratic Party...

Edited by Linus - 01 March 2006 at 4:02pm

Back to Top
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

That must make every mod and right winger on this site the last bastion and 34% of American people that only get Fox News under their rock, and stil support the Flying Monkey.


Congratulations on your unwavering support of failure.

Well, to the defense of some mods...
I never said I supported Bush... can't see anything in Reb's post that actively supports Bush either.

I simply dislike the blanket blame, "I stubbed my toe this morning, damn BUSH!" approach.
Same as I dislike the "Democrats would do it better" ideology, as I honestly don't think they can.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Many of the Dems who are so outspoken once supported many of the examples listed. That's what happens when the S[tuff]HTF... fingers start a pointin... and "they ain't pointin at me".   Lots of failures down the line, across the board. Bush is blamed only because he was the sitting Pres. NOT in all cases... but in most. Outcome wouldn't have been any different if someone else had been in the chair.
Richard Cheney arguments... no rebuttal from me.    I dislike the guy, and think his butt should be in prison for the Plame fiasco.

As for unwavering support of failure (disclaimer: general statement not targetting anyone here)... I attribute that to anyone who blindly follows either party, Dem or Rep, Right or Left. As well as anyone who simply calls for change... without actually presenting any viable solutions.
So far... politicians outspoken against the current Admin have done nothing but call for change. In some cases, rightly so! But I hear more complaining and personal attacks... and hear less "viable solutions".
Same with any Admin in office. Nothing but bickering. Never any accomplishments.

Edited by ShortyBP - 01 March 2006 at 4:19pm
Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:


1. Iraq is in a civil war, making the invasion a bad idea, no matter what your argument.

So, thats basically like saying the American Revolutionary War was a bad idea. I mean, c'mon, the Loyalist fought the Rebels... Same exact thing thats going on now.

Or hell, the American Civil War was a terrible idea as well, simply by the fact that we had to fight our own people to keep our country intact.

Damn our selves!

The civil war he is refering to is not Us v. Them.

The Iraqi Civil War is between the Sunni's and the Shi'a

 


Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:26pm

Besides, guys,

why even fight about the Iraqi war anymore.

 

 

The war is over already...right?


Back to Top
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:


The civil war he is refering to is not Us v. Them.


The Iraqi Civil War is between the Sunni's and the Shi'a


Smartest move Al Qaeda ever made. Why waste effort fighting us, when you can get the Iraqis to fight each other. Easiest way to deliver the big fat red FAILURE stamp to the US mission. Brilliant.

Once it gets rolling... there'll be no stopping.

Baghdad and the surrounding cities will make Belfast (even at it's "peak") look like a Disneyworld ride.
Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:33pm

Granted, Shorty, that the hatred between Sunni's and Shi'a in the areas of Iraq were around long before the war, long before Saddam Huissien, and long before AlQaeda.

I am not sure really if saying that AlQaeda is behind the civil war is really correct.


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.189 seconds.