Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My A5 and 1200 Round Hopper/Backpack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Tofu_X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tofu_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 11:39pm
wow, love it man, you show get a patent and get millions, and if you do send me some money for telling you to get a patent
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 11:44pm
I'm curious to see how that works.
turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 11:50pm
Sorry the pic's are so big.  This is my first post normally I am in the garage inventing stuff.

The system isnt that heavy by itself only 4.5 pounds.  The weight is all in the paint. I designed it to have internal compartments so you dont need to carry 1200 rounds u can carry 500 if thats all you want to carry.

The final version will have different shells so if you normally carry 600 rounds the pack will be shorter This version is  4 by 11 by 11 inches  so the 600 shell would be 4 by 7 by 11
One shot,one kill, .025 Cents

Twenty-five Shot's, Five bruses on enemy, one kill, PRICELESS!!!
hansolo8221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansolo8221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 12:36am

Does it force feed the balls through the tube? It must, you said it has an eye to shut off the feed when the tac-cap is full. Also, it would need to force feed if you raise the marker above the pack. Do you have much trouble with ball breakage? How high a ROF will it support?

If you want to set a price for it, the first thing you have to figure out is how much it costs you for materials. Not knowing how it operates I can't guess as to what this figure is. Second thing you have to factor in is how long it takes to assemble, and how much your time is worth to you. Other than that, you do want to make sure the cost isn't too insanely high, or people won't buy it.

I actually did have an idea for something like this two or three years ago, though my thought would have been a shoulder carried rig with a tube hanging down to the marker, utilizing gravity. Nothing this elaborate. Nice incorporation of the tank holder/remote line as well. At the time I was thinking about it I definitely would have wanted one, though I never would have been able to afford it. At the time I was also more into the woodsball/milsim styles, but eventually gave that up for more high performance/speedball upgrades.

Tippmann A-5
12" J&J Ceramic Barrel
J&J aluminum .45 style grip
KAPP micro apocalypse drop
Empire On/Off bottomline
JCS Rear velocity adjuster
Palmer Stabilizer
PMI 12oz CO2 with anti-siphon
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 12:57am
i'm guessing it's something derived from a warp feed... 
OOshanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOshanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 12:59am
yea to me it looks like a warp
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:21am

Much as I am enjoying the pictures, I should remind you that publishing this on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter) may endanger your patent rights for any jurisdiction where you haven't already filed.

I encourage you to find a patent lawyer quickly if you haven't done so already.

ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:27am
Rambino You are very wise.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
emberger1099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emberger1099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:31am

I do not know what is wrong with me?  I can seem to find the pics.  Can someone post a hyperlink?

thanks,

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:35am
Rambino, you might as well put your buisness card on there....
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:47am

Heh - we do in fact do some paintball patent work, but I don't think he would want to pay our fees...   There are lots of good patent lawyers for this type of thing that are much cheaper.

:)

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:49am
I dont know whats scarier, you doing patent work, or Mbro and CarbineFreak doing it for you.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:59am
I haven't seen one of them in awhile!
Nicely done!

While I'm sure some of the components in this rig were absent in ones prior (eye for example)... I have seen similar feed setups in the past. Years back, someone on another forum had pics up of their bulk-backpack feeder which fed the gun using a tube. I forget what was used to propel the balls, but recall a seperate air tank being involved.

You never know, it might already be patented. Check to see if Have Blue has anything of the sort listed... I think he's compiled a list of multiple paintball patents for viewing.
turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 11:33am
I have already filed a patent. I have been wanting to show this off for weeks now but had to wait till I finshed the patent stuff. It was killing me.

The system uses a electric driven motor with an impeller to push the balls through the tube. The trick is doing this without stalling the motor or crushing the balls. Thats the secret.

The feed impeller is capable of feeding 25BPS. However you cant push paintballs through 3 feet of tubing that fast. There is to much friction and the balls are to fragile. I think this is why others have failed at a system like this they tried to feed the chamber of the gun and you cant keep up with todays rates of fire. This is why I use the little hopper on the gun It holds 50 to 75 balls and allows you to fire burst of full auto and not run out. The feeder is refilling the hopper at a rate of 7 to 10 BPS in reality is pleanty. If you figure full auto at 15BPS you would go through 1000 balls in 66 seconds. No one does that.

The system does not break balls as long as I use a medium grade paint. Cheap paint is crap. I wouldnt shoot it with or without this back. I shoot WPN Toxic.  I really like this paint. I was using before I built the Pack.  It worked in the system so I didnt see a reason to change. I have tested and will continue to test different paints. My plan is to build a list of recommended paint. 

One shot,one kill, .025 Cents

Twenty-five Shot's, Five bruses on enemy, one kill, PRICELESS!!!
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 11:45am

Very cool.

How much gravity do you need?  Does it feed from a prone position?  Will balls break inside the pack from shaking around if I run hard with a half-empty pack?

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 11:51am
wow that's l33t. i would so get one if you put it into production. IF i still played paintball though
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 12:29pm
I have no clue how that works but that would be awesome if you get a r/t
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:34pm
DUDE, PLEASE make a vid, it would be sooo awesome to c that thing feed the balls.
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:46pm
That is a very cool idea but I wouldnt have posted it on a website like this. You should've gotten a patent before you posted it on here or anywhere. peole will steel it
-edit- and I would definately buy one if it wasnt like $200 itf its cheap I would definately buy it

Edited by Cheetos3254 - 01 March 2006 at 4:47pm
kevinthegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:47pm
the website doesn't work for me 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic