FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally, we can rest easy at night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I wish you had to be like 17 and older to access xbl. Little kids are exposed to a lot of racism and swearing through it. Additionally, little kids are just damn annoying in general on games like Halo2.

Theoretically you have to be at least 13 with a parents permission, also you have to have a parents credit card to complete you subscription. That is the parents irresponsablity for allowing their kids to listen to the XBL voice chat. Prime example: Back in september I was playing Halo2 on XBL Team Slayer, Burial Grounds. This little kid was playing with his squeaky voice and he kept getting killed. Well when I am on XBL I get really into it and yell somethings that you would not hear me yell in real life. So I walkeed up behind some guy on a turrent and assassinated him, so I yell "Assassinated &*#$^" then out of nowhere this little kid's mom gets on the XBL mike and starts yelling that I don't need to be using this language around her 7 year old. So I say "do you use your credit card to play for your son's subscription?" she said yes, and I said "Did you read the TOS?" she said no. Specifically in the TOS it says anyone under 13 should not be playing XBL in the first place, so why are  you letting your 7 year old play it unsupervised?

This is the kind on mentallity that happens so much on XBL, the parents blame the players when their 7-10 year old starts running around cussing because they heard it on XBL. Instead of yelling at me, or my teammates they need to slap themself in the face for allowing their kids to play these games online.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Good.

People under 17 don't need violent games.

Sure we do...

I grew up on violent video games, I turned out just... (thinks for a second...)

point taken.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 11:20am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I'm not an avid gamer, but most of the games I own are "M" rated. Granted I'm 19, but I've played "M" games since I was about 11. I don't "feed off the violence", and I've never been unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy. I think that's purely up to the parents' discretion, and IMO this is all a load of BS. The ones that are playing them now aren't going to stop, because if you're under the age of 17 your parents are more than likely buying your games for you anyway.

The only exceptions to the rule I could see are Rockstar's line of games with major questionable ethics, like GTA and Manhunt, one of which rewards for hookers and whacking your fellow hoodies, and the other is just flat out grotesque murder.

I think the responsibility with this lies in two places-the ESRB, and the parents. The game manufacturers aren't to blame, and the retail buisnesses for sure aren't to blame.

Even without the explicit scene in San Andreas, I think that game should have garnered an AO rating, and so should Manhunt, Soldier of Fortune, and all of the various games of such. Remeber-the M rating is for 17+. Besides, AO gives the parents more of a red flag. Maybe when they see Adults Only on a game, they'll think "Hey, junior doesn't need this." But everything is rated M now. I didn't find Halo gory at all, yet it's rated M. Games like Far Cry and Half-Life 2 fall firmly into the "M" category, but I don't see those causing any harm to kids playing them.

agreed.

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 2:48pm
MORE PIRATES!
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I wish you had to be like 17 and older to access xbl. Little kids are exposed to a lot of racism and swearing through it. Additionally, little kids are just damn annoying in general on games like Halo2.

Theoretically you have to be at least 13 with a parents permission, also you have to have a parents credit card to complete you subscription. That is the parents irresponsablity for allowing their kids to listen to the XBL voice chat. Prime example: Back in september I was playing Halo2 on XBL Team Slayer, Burial Grounds. This little kid was playing with his squeaky voice and he kept getting killed. Well when I am on XBL I get really into it and yell somethings that you would not hear me yell in real life. So I walkeed up behind some guy on a turrent and assassinated him, so I yell "Assassinated &*#$^" then out of nowhere this little kid's mom gets on the XBL mike and starts yelling that I don't need to be using this language around her 7 year old. So I say "do you use your credit card to play for your son's subscription?" she said yes, and I said "Did you read the TOS?" she said no. Specifically in the TOS it says anyone under 13 should not be playing XBL in the first place, so why are  you letting your 7 year old play it unsupervised?

This is the kind on mentallity that happens so much on XBL, the parents blame the players when their 7-10 year old starts running around cussing because they heard it on XBL. Instead of yelling at me, or my teammates they need to slap themself in the face for allowing their kids to play these games online.

hahahah the same thing happened to my friend when i was at his house a while ago...we got into a 20 minutes fight with some little kid's mom

dodan44 View Drop Down
Strike 2 for inflammatory posting 3/3/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 7:10pm
i love violence. i think every kid needs a violent video game our two.
i pawn noobs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic