Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shotguns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nicholie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicholie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shotguns
    Posted: 26 February 2006 at 10:57am

I like Shotguns, the look, the feel, the cartridges  anyways, i think they shouldmake some Shotgun Mods or Paintball Guns, i would like to have a double barrel shotgun painball marker, or a pump action realistic defender something intense.

What would you use for base defense? If your defending inside a house, it would look better to have a shotgun or machine gun(these are just examples) anyways, yeah.

Jman27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jman27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 11:27am
ok..... is this really an idea

Nicholie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicholie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 12:52pm
i dont know, just something i tink would be cool, running around witha double barrel paintball shotgun, now that i think of it, it doesnt have to much appeal anymore, oh wel
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 4:07pm
it would be cool to have a marker that looked like a shotgun as long as it didn't have to shoot like one.  do a google on Engeler paintball stuff.  he has some spaz kits for model 98s.  also, palmers persuit has some double barreled markers.... and btw, this is an idea...
X
RED5MOKE View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Language 3/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED5MOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 12:33am
opsgear  has shotgun mods look nasty but i want a shotgun style gun like think of this.... you go a  sensor on the end of your barrel and at the end of like say a 1.5"ball you shoot the ball after  a distance that u set the ball opens and has  springs in that tha will send a bunch of paintballs everywere. That would be a sweet paintball mod.
andrewc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 4:47pm
palmers makes somthin like that its called the nasty typhoon
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 2:28pm
kp2 or PPS painter or nasty hurcain
saving the world, one warship at a time.
GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 4:08pm
I believe it was Engineer who made an amazing shotgun, completely custom, made it himself. I havn't seen the pictures of it in years. Maybe one of the OMHW guys will help me out and post the pic. It might not be engineer, I'm not 100% sure on whos it is, its been a long time.

Edited by GThomas - 28 February 2006 at 4:10pm
GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 4:15pm
I should have looked farther down the page before making my last post. There is another shotgun thread and Rockslide posted the pic of the gun I'm talking about. But his pic doesn't work right now.
dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 4:47pm
I would like to see someone make a pump gun into a shotgun(not so it shoots clusters of paint), but pretty much make it a milsim. That would be sweet.
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 6:06pm
i like that idea, dmp4892! that would be pretty neat. Not to shot like a shotgun, just look and pump like one...one of those black, SWAT type guns...man, that would be the life.
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
Rumrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 2:56pm
One of the guys on my team has been trying to get a shotgun to work for awhile. Current design is basically a LAW rocket launcher that you load with a wad and a couple dozen paintballs. Doesn't work too hot though, the balls dont individually get enough speed to break on anything but a hard target. Its much more effective to just shoot the same ammount of paint out of your gun and much less ungainly.

Maybe if you could figure out a way to either airburst the paint to get at people behind bunkers or  shred the paint as it comes out of the launcher so you shoot out a short ranged spray of paint. That last one might actually be good if you get up behind a group and dont want to shoot them point blank and if you try barrel tagging em all you'll get shot yourself.

Edited by Rumrunner - 01 March 2006 at 3:00pm
TEAM FALLOUT
sponsored by
BlackCat Paintball Productions
Smart Parts
johnhoham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnhoham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:20pm
You can make one with some standard Pvc Piping and sometimes they sell them on ebay pre made if you want to take a look www.ebay.com I'll see if i can find one on a sight for you.
Got a Question? Don't ask Jeeves, Google it!
johnhoham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnhoham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:41pm
Here the plans cost money but it's a start if your still interested http://www.alternativepaintball.com/
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:52pm
yea just try to make one ur self. it will take alot of time to make it look decent, but hey it would look kool right?
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
stealthy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stealthy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 6:38pm

If the paintball gun/paintball shotgun comparison would be anything like the rifle/shotgun comparison you would probably get owned in anything but close quaters, in which case the shotgun could hold its own but wouldn't have any significant advantage. Thats just the way I look at it at least. May not be true, but thats probably not far from the truth. Unless of course your coming at this completely from the cool factor angle. If thats the case, yeah, a paintball shotgun would be pretty cool. Just wouldn't have any performance advantage in my opinion.

Anyways, how do you purpose getting more then one .68 caliber paintball up to 300 fps coming out of the same barrel at the same time?

Edited by stealthy2 - 01 March 2006 at 6:42pm
johnhoham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnhoham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 10:19am

You would need a ball release valve and just dump a half a canister of CO2 and you would also need tightly packed paintballs in a shell so the air doesnt blow right past the balls and lob them.

They have some shotgun shells at www.soulofthewarrior.com , I'll see if i cant find a better one

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 10:23am
Originally posted by GThomas GThomas wrote:

I believe it was Engineer who made an amazing shotgun, completely custom, made it himself. I havn't seen the pictures of it in years. Maybe one of the OMHW guys will help me out and post the pic. It might not be engineer, I'm not 100% sure on whos it is, its been a long time

Yup. Engineer.
"Thunder" was the gun. There might even be notches carved in the side of it... not so much for how many "kills" it had, but more so for how many poopings it caused in victim's shorts.

Click on image to enlarge.
junojpeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junojpeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 2:34pm
I like my A-5, when it shoots full automatic, it is scarier than a shotgun, and a flatline also
Woodsball:
Tippmann A-5
Responce Trigger
Flatline Barrel

Speed/Airball:
Tippmann A-5
Responce Trigger
14'Empire Twister Barrel
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 2:51pm
I made a paintball shot shell for my spudgun.  I could spray 10 paintballs at one shot.  Just use to Dixie cups back to back.  One fill with paintballs, then the other filled with tissue (for wadding).  Pack it into the barrel of you launch and fire away.  It's not real accurate, but who needs accuracy when you have all that paint in the air...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic