Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help mehs out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 11:38am
he has PCI-E slot, no longer is the AGP used in this motherboard.  If you are running at 4X with your videocard and can not utilize the 8X feature, then you need to correct that.  IMO, I wouldn't settle for less.  You have a motherboard that supports 8X speed, then use it.  You will see a big difference when that feature is enabled and working properly.  Its almost like buying a new sportscar with a V8, but you drive it in the slow lane, and still you are under the minimum speed limit.  Troubleshoot or ask for assistance to get your rig up and running the way it should be. 

Edited by mjicmike - 26 February 2006 at 1:33pm
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Computer specs-?

Video Games-?

ATI x1600 pro, 256 mb of ram1 gig of Kingston Value RamA8NE moboone 250 gig harddrive, one 40 gig harddriveand the games are Battlefield 2 in full settings, Call of Duty 2 it just dies in the menu, and in Quake 3, it just dies randomly.

Power supply?

430 watt Thermaltake PSU

This could also be the problem, I'll have to look through everything tomorrow.

to speak to this, when i was looking at the X1800XT cards, i noticed they desired a 400 to 450 watt psu. i'm going to upgrade mine to 500 or 600 before i buy that card though. i am willing to bet that's your problem.

btw what lane is your gfx card in? most high end ones on PCIe these days require the 16x lane.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 12:14pm
Oh, well in light of your reply to mine, you didnt install windows Service Pack 2 did you? That could be your software conflict.

mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 12:51pm
his motherboard has (1) blue slot for a PCIe X16 graphics card.
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 12:59pm
A 430W power supply is definitely a bit light for that system. You should be running on a PCI-e x16 slot with your video card; that ought not to be an issue.

Really, power supply is al I can think of- a gig of RAM is more than enough; BF2 only runs on about 530MB of RAM when I play it. If you aren't using Dual Channel though, that could potentially be an issue.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 1:19pm
ever since Nvidia came out with 6800 series card and ATI with their X800, I have always recommended to my colleagues a 500 watt minimum power supply for every computer I have built for them.  I have always trusted Antec and Enermax brands.  No problems until they want to run dual SLI graphics cards, RAID, and some overclocking. 
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 1:49pm
looks like your caps lock key is broken too......
dodan44 View Drop Down
Strike 2 for inflammatory posting 3/3/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 1:58pm
did you splooge on the video card. thats what messed mine up.
i pawn noobs
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 3:15pm
I checked out the forum about your specific card, and it seems to be an incompatibility issue with what you said about the chipset.  Maybe... if possible try and return the product for a credit refund or replace with a different video card with Nvidia chipset.  Having an NForce chipset on your motherboard and an ATI chipset on the video card is probably causing the part of the incompatibility issues.  Try the Geforce 6600 gt.  The price is comparable and is slightly faster than the Ati x1600 pro.
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 3:21pm
I don't think it's the PSU. I have that same PSU and it works fine with
my nvidia GE Force 6800 gs. I really don't know much about ATI cards...
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 4:20pm
TeH PrOnZorz!1
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 4:26pm
There should be no compatibility problems between an ATI graphics card and an Nvidia chipset. If your problem is compatibility, then it's a very  specific case, involving those two products.

The benchmarks I've seen show the 6600GT a little below the X1600.
Maybe look at something like this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic