FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On-Line Stores-- E-Bolt!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On-Line Stores-- E-Bolt!
    Posted: 22 February 2006 at 12:09pm

They say they have six left.

http://www.a-1paintballstore.com/Tippmann-Custom-98-E-bolt-K it.html

And another (scroll to the bottom of the page when you get there)

http://www.packrat-toyz.com/Tippmann/parts_&_acces_.htm

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 1:28pm
For those prices, you could buy a new gun.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

For those prices, you could buy a new gun.

Yep, a nice new Ion! But, as I look at it, I started with a very rugged, dependable used 98C. As I got better I added upgrades to keep me competitive.

When I moved from intermediate to advanced my choice became whether to cast aside the Tippmann, and all the other investment so far, and buy a new marker. Or, spend $200 to $300 to take the 98C into an absolutely new realm of operation.

At the time the "cheap" E-Bolts hadn't hit the market, but the kit had become scarce. I had to pay $229 for mine. The difference was night and day. Where before, a speedball game snap shot, when I could get my head out from behind the bunker, was one, and a miss allowed no time to get on target with  second shot. After the conversion my snap shots went to two or three shots with at least one on target. I could also now lay down suppressive fire allowing my team member to move up. I became the guy holding the opposition behind their bunkers.

Until then the intimidation factor had kept me out of many advanced games. With the E-Bolt the marker was fully up to the play opportunities that the high-end electros, or top of the line mechanicals, offered.

My expenditure, including the E-Bolt, to this point is about $450, which is more than an Ion, but a lot less that most Cockers, Palmer Blazers, and Angels. But, I also did it in increments, not one large outlay of the green stuff. I love what I have now!

pbhalo View Drop Down
Guested - F-Bomb Dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 2:33pm
what is the point of e bolts ???????????????????????????????????
english 101 remedial kick ass
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 2:43pm
So this is NOT a sear tripper, by the looks of it?????  The ones for the new Custom Pro is a sear tripper, though, right???  Just curious.... 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 3:17pm

Answer for both:

Originally posted by pbhalo pbhalo wrote:

and

Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

So this is NOT a sear tripper, by the looks of it?????  The ones for the new Custom Pro is a sear tripper, though, right???  Just curious.... 

The E-Bolt is a full conversion from a mechanical marker to a electro-pneumatic marker. Trigger actuation clicks a switch which activates the electronics to pulse the solenoid sending gas to a pneumatic ram which has replaced the Rear bolt(hammer).

A sear tripper (E-Grip or E-Trigger) uses a a solenoid to pull on the sear. The marker retains its mechanical function still cocking with gas blow back and all the same mass slamming back and forth in the marker.

Both the E-Bolt and the E-Trigger/Grip use an electric switch to activate the marker which dramatically lightens the trigger pull allowing walking of the trigger and very high rates of fire. The electronic circuitry also allows burst and full auto modes of operation.

Since the E-Bolt doesn't require blow-back gas pressure to re-cock, the operating pressure of the marker can be significantly reduced making a quieter marker and a few more shots from the gas bottle.

DanSD View Drop Down
filter dodge strike, 12/5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Answer for both:

Originally posted by pbhalo pbhalo wrote:

and

Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

The E-Bolt is a full conversion from a mechanical marker to a electro-pneumatic marker. Trigger actuation clicks a switch which activates the electronics to pulse the solenoid sending gas to a pneumatic ram which has replaced the Rear bolt(hammer).

A sear tripper (E-Grip or E-Trigger) uses a a solenoid to pull on the sear. The marker retains its mechanical function still cocking with gas blow back and all the same mass slamming back and forth in the marker.

Both the E-Bolt and the E-Trigger/Grip use an electric switch to activate the marker which dramatically lightens the trigger pull allowing walking of the trigger and very high rates of fire. The electronic circuitry also allows burst and full auto modes of operation.

Since the E-Bolt doesn't require blow-back gas pressure to re-cock, the operating pressure of the marker can be significantly reduced making a quieter marker and a few more shots from the gas bottle.

If it doesn't use any blowback gas to recock then what does it use?  Magic?  Also, how many shots are you getting from a full 68/4500? 

Don't hate the player...
Hate the game.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by DanSD DanSD wrote:

If it doesn't use any blowback gas to recock then what does it use?  Magic?  Also, how many shots are you getting from a full 68/4500? 

It is a spring loaded pneumatic ram. Sort of like magic.

I run a 90/4500. There is a formula for expected number of shots. And I do not remember what number I was getting before I went to the low pressure set up(I operate my marker at 140psi). Back when I was testing the LP set up I found I was getting about 200 to 250 more shots than I was before the LPK. ( It took some effort to test and took several weeks to get my results because the field filling station did not fully pressurize to 4500 psi very often.) 

SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 3:56pm

Nice find, again.  Now if only I had $235...

DanSD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 4:45pm

It is a spring loaded pneumatic ram. Sort of like magic.

I run a 90/4500. There is a formula for expected number of shots. And I do not remember what number I was getting before I went to the low pressure set up(I operate my marker at 140psi). Back when I was testing the LP set up I found I was getting about 200 to 250 more shots than I was before the LPK. ( It took some effort to test and took several weeks to get my results because the field filling station did not fully pressurize to 4500 psi very often.) 

Can you get more than 1985 shots on your 90/4500? 

Don't hate the player...
Hate the game.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 5:19pm
for 3000 multiply by 10(ex: 68 x 10 = 680(68/3000 tank)

for 4500 multiply by 15(ex 68 x 15 = 1020(68/4500 tank)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 3:28am

No.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 23 February 2006 at 3:29am
hansolo8221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansolo8221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 3:55am

If it doesn't use any blowback gas to recock then what does it use?  Magic? 

A small amount of gas from the solenoid drives the ram forward, a spring inside the ram pulls it back; the reverse of the way a mechanically fired marker operates. Also, one other thing to note: the ram comes to a rest at the rear of the marker, no need to cock it before you fire (the battery box covers the hole for your cocking knob anyway).

Edited by hansolo8221 - 23 February 2006 at 3:57am
Tippmann A-5
12" J&J Ceramic Barrel
J&J aluminum .45 style grip
KAPP micro apocalypse drop
Empire On/Off bottomline
JCS Rear velocity adjuster
Palmer Stabilizer
PMI 12oz CO2 with anti-siphon
DanSD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 9:26am

No.

That does not sound very efficient then.  I thought the ebolt would give more shots per tank with the LPK. 

Don't hate the player...
Hate the game.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 12:20pm

No.

That does not sound very efficient then.  I thought the ebolt would give more shots per tank with the LPK. 

From where did you get this 1985 number (essentially a whole case on one bottle)? The calculated shots per fill run about 1350.

But since I always go for the unlimited fills(all day $10 at my regular field), number of shots per full pressure fill has not been my primary concern. I wanted and got a very quiet marker...particularly when compared to the original 98C.

DanSD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 2:48pm

No.

From where did you get this 1985 number (essentially a whole case on one bottle)? The calculated shots per fill run about 1350.

But since I always go for the unlimited fills(all day $10 at my regular field), number of shots per full pressure fill has not been my primary concern. I wanted and got a very quiet marker...particularly when compared to the original 98C.

I'm getting some really good efficiency for a tippmann and I just wanted to know if the ebolt would make it any better. 

Don't hate the player...
Hate the game.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 2:57pm

I'm getting some really good efficiency for a tippmann and I just wanted to know if the ebolt would make it any better. 

98 or 98C with E-Bolt and LPK operating at less than 200 psi and 275 fps velocity is about as efficient as a Tippman can get with HPA.

DanSD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 3:19pm

It's sound's like we have two different definitions for efficiency.

Don't hate the player...
Hate the game.
The_GOAT View Drop Down
What happened to my post count?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_GOAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 4:44pm

im laughing at all these posts

i dont know why either

who would spend that on their tippy?

just sell your tippy dont get the ebolt and youll have enought money for maybe a Promaster

SP Vision Imp w/ ALL NDZ internals, CP flame drop w/ on/off, Freak-AA tip, lowrise feedneck, NDZ Pro-Mag trigger, tapeworm, NDZ lpr cap, NDZ ti. bolt pin, maybe thats it?
EggII
88/4500 Crossfire
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 5:04pm

if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic