Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Newbie" question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Uncle Grunty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Grunty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Newbie" question
    Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:32pm
I think this is the place to ask it.   I have not played yet but am very interested in trying.  Please answer. Does it hurt when you get shot?
Pull mah finga!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Grunty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:32pm
And who put "Pull mah finga!" in my post?  What does this mean?
Pull mah finga!
xTippyx View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Poop Pic 1/10/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:35pm

does it hurt if you get shot??

well depends on how you handle pain, if your shot up like 5 or more times yeah probably, but pain goes away after like a minute. doesnt really hurt but you might have welts after a few shots.

maddog312us View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog312us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:40pm
well to me it doesn't but every one is differnt. The only way it will hurt bad is if somones gun is shooting hot. Which means the volocity is to high and can actually injur someone. I have been shot alot. But the one that hurt the most was when my dad shot me in the leg. And thats because his gun shoots hot most of the time. But that stoped hurting after a few minutes. But don't let fear get in your way I was afraid that it would hurt the first time to but its really not bad at all.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:40pm
It hurts but not enough to stop you from wanting to play again. Don't let your fear of getting hit keep you from playing because it's actually really fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Grunty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:49pm
Is this why there are snipers?  Do they hide?
Pull mah finga!
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:50pm
It will the first time, especially if you know its coming.

Wih experience, the pain becomes less. Sometimes I dont even notice when I'm hit anymore.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Wildgoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Uncle Grunty Uncle Grunty wrote:

Yeah! Its the best way to not get shot. Lay low and well concealed and do not shoot anyone unless you know there is no one else close by so you don't give away your position. Snipers always win the game.

Hitler of the 21st century!!!
pythonman56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pythonman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 10:12pm
alot of newbs think it hurts, and when people come with us for the first time, they look like eskimos, like its freezing outside, but the pain  goes away in a few seconds really, when u start walking, you forget about it. Dont be scared, only one real way to find out, go try!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Wildgoat Wildgoat wrote:

Yeah! Its the best way to not get shot. Lay low and well concealed and do not shoot anyone unless you know there is no one else close by so you don't give away your position. Snipers always win the game.
/looks at wildgoats sig
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
BoxyBrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoxyBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:02pm
I don't get it, what's wrong with his sig?

I'm duke of New York, A number 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:12pm
it says dont be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

yet hes telling that poor soul to try to snipe in paintball.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
BoxyBrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoxyBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:16pm
whats wrong with sniping? It sounds cool to crawl in the bushes and take out the enemy one by one without them seeing you.

I'm duke of New York, A number 1
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by BoxyBrown BoxyBrown wrote:

whats wrong with sniping? It sounds cool to crawl in the bushes and take out the enemy one by one without them seeing you.
It only sounds cool.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:22pm
Yeah, its nearly impossible to actually do.

Every new player thinks they can snipe. Sooner or later they figure out it doesnt work that way.

Edited by You Wont See Me - 11 February 2006 at 11:22pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Wildgoat Wildgoat wrote:

Yeah! Its the best way to not get shot. Lay low and well concealed and do not shoot anyone unless you know there is no one else close by so you don't give away your position.
That's a camper my friend....
Wildgoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:30pm
I'm sorry all. It was a joke gone bad. There is no sniping just run and shoot. Taking cover to avoid being shot. We don't need any more sniper threads. Sorry guys.

Hitler of the 21st century!!!
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 11:39pm
i mean nobody that i kno takes their time to do 1 shot one hit it doesnt work like that, if they see u they will shoot at u, and at that time will u still be concentrating on the shot? NO, u will try to hose the dude, soo u can crawl and hide but it is just gunna waist alot of time and u would look really weird to the people who just run out there and c wat they can get. MAn that was long. lol
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 12:14am

the pain is what makes it fun....well kind of, its a kind of non lethal reminder that you would be wounded or dead...the first time i played, the second time i got shot was by my dad, in the dead zone, not wearing goggles, and wearing shorts. not to mention the shot was from about 5 1/2 ft. away....from that first bloody swollen welt on i was hooked, that was 6 yrs ago...

im not trying to scare you but to get u to go out and try it....good luck

Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 12:19am
Originally posted by jrod1321 jrod1321 wrote:

the pain is what makes it fun....well kind of, its a kind of non lethal reminder that you would be wounded or dead...the first time i played, the second time i got shot was by my dad, in the dead zone, not wearing goggles, and wearing shorts. not to mention the shot was from about 5 1/2 ft. away....from that first bloody swollen welt on i was hooked, that was 6 yrs ago...

im not trying to scare you but to get u to go out and try it....good luck

Always wear your mask.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic