Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Newbie" question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 12:58am
Honestly, the first couple of times that you get hit with a paintball, it stings a little. It depends on how hard the opponent's gun is shooting (any decent field checks every gun to ensure that no gun is shooting faster than the safe limit), and where the paintball hits you.

Snipers don't really exist in paintball. There really isn't a way to be able to get far enough away to shoot your opponent that he won't be able to shoot you back. You will be better off to learn how to effectively use your surroundings as cover, and make yourself as small as possible behind the cover, while still being able to shoot, and move to another location quickly.
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 11:52am
its like getting slapped...a small sting but it goes away...but once u really get into the sport ur so full of adrenaline that u might not even notice...if u get into it like me u might need a ref to point out that there is a big pink mark on ur ankle
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 12:49pm
Yeah, the first shot is always the worst. It's only because you don't know what to expect. Honestly, it's not bad. I remember when I first got shot, I laughed at myself afterwords. All that worrying for nothing. The only time it will hurt is if the other person's marker is shooting hot or if you get shot at point blank range. Other than that, don't get shot in any sensative spots and you should be fine.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
monty_sniper View Drop Down
ions are better than any high end gun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Yeah, its nearly impossible to actually do.

Every new player thinks they can snipe. Sooner or later they figure out it doesnt work that way.

yeah

98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.
Proud owner of 3 guns and counting.
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 2:19pm
Have you ever been snapped with a wett towel? thats about what it feels like.
pythonman56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pythonman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 3:14pm
I have a few newbie questions of my own....

1) What is Uber?
2) What is a scenario game?
3) What is milsim?

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 3:16pm
Uber is german for super, or good.

Scenerio games are large games in which you are re-creating something. like D-Day. www.oklahomadday.com is an example of a scenerio game.

Mil-sim=Military Simulation

Edited by You Wont See Me - 12 February 2006 at 3:16pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
pythonman56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pythonman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 3:22pm
Ok, thanks, i figured milsim meant that, but thought id ask anyways,
mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 5:55pm
the place were it really hurts is well in the crotch region. unless you have a cup or somthing like it. I tell you if felt that for awile if i remember that ball didnt pop it just bounced
wolfy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:20pm
haha, the first time i got shot with a paintball was a noob on my team, right off the start. shot me right in the spine when my back was turned. like frome 7 feet away too, i remember that stung for a while
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:24pm
you get used to it.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by jrod1321 jrod1321 wrote:

the pain is what makes it fun....well kind of, its a kind of non lethal reminder that you would be wounded or dead...the first time i played, the second time i got shot was by my dad, in the dead zone, not wearing goggles, and wearing shorts. not to mention the shot was from about 5 1/2 ft. away....from that first bloody swollen welt on i was hooked, that was 6 yrs ago...

im not trying to scare you but to get u to go out and try it....good luck

I agree :)  The pain makes it more fun
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by mamasboi mamasboi wrote:

the place were it really hurts is well in the crotch region. unless you have a cup or somthing like it. I tell you if felt that for awile if i remember that ball didnt pop it just bounced

Yeah, i was hit in the nuts the first time a few days ago... not so bad, but i mean, i'd go without it if i could :p
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:34pm
  Iv been shot over 300 times in my whole paintball carrer. I was so scaird of getting hit But after after a summer of bonus balls... Well I fear no paint! The first time was with a blade Talon, the last time was with a Timmy.

Edited by MoNkeY Hunter - 11 March 2006 at 9:36pm
nuada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:31am
It stings a bit, but when you start playing it is a real incentive to learn how to move and shoot.  After a bit you don't notice anymore.  I have to admit, I still hate getting one between my thumb and index finger, always happens at close range too, lol.
A-5
Flatline barrel
E-grip
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 1:42am
Make sure you wear a ballcap or something over your head, once you get hit on your cranium you are gonna feel it.    Sometimes you won't feel the body shots because your adrenaline is gonna be pumping.  Just be safe, keep your mask on when on the field, and always have a condom or a plug for your barrel when you leave the field. 

Edited by mjicmike - 12 March 2006 at 12:01pm
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk