Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Custom Velocity Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bpersohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpersohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Custom Velocity Problem
    Posted: 06 February 2006 at 10:15pm
My son's 98 Custom Sniper w/Flatline only shoots approximately 10-20 feet.  He tried three different CO2 cannisters but it didn't solve the problem...it's as if it doesn't get any CO2.  Is there a place on the gun itself susceptible to leaks, i.e. bad o-ring that we should look at first?
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 10:24pm

When you put a FULL CO2 tank on the marker, can you hear a "hiss"?  If you do, try to solve the leak problem there.  However, I'm guessing you've tried that, so let me try to grab at straws.  Does the marker recock after it shoots the 10-20 feet?  I'm guessing NO.  What kind of mods are on the marker?  Do you have a regulator?  If you do, make sure the pressure is up enough.  Does it have a remote or On/Off?  Make sure it's allowing gas to flow.

So, start off by responding back with some answers and I'm sure myself or someone on this board can help you out...Good luck and let us know.

Hippiepower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hippiepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 4:47pm
how old is the gun, if it is older, then the springs might be worn out
99% percent of all people have been harasses by michael jackson, if you are part of the 1% that is barred up in his room with a loaded 50 cal waiting for him, put this in your sig
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 7:58pm
its the valve probably, that happened to me before
Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 8:31pm
Listen for hisses

if its an older gun it could be a dead valve/dead drive spring
the spring is easily replacable, and the valve requires some (very little) work

if you need valve instructions just ask

i assume you made sure the velocity screw was properly adjusted

CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 8:37pm
Make sure your ball detent isn't in backwards. If it is, it's keeping the rear bolt from fully contacting the valve's pin, which would explain the loss of power.

The ball detent is the little orange thing that reminds me of french fries.

Edited by Bango - 08 February 2006 at 8:37pm
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 11:01am
Did you or your son open the marker for service, cleaning, etc., or did this problem arise acutely, a little more information could help solve your sons marker problem.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 1:11am
Looks like the guy's not coming back!
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 8:18pm
thanks for leaving us hanging dud-a-mus...
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
bpersohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpersohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 9:19pm
The gun was used only a couple of times and then i used it once and it worked just fine but, for some reason, the second time i used it the gun would shoot a shot and then act like the CO2 tank was out of air but it had just been refilled.  I think it has something to do with the CO2 connection but i have no idea. Thanks
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 10:18pm
did u try the things everyone said?
Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 12:27am
Valve bolts. Definatly loose vavle bolts.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 7:03pm
not neccesarily monk... but could be. definitely a possibility.

CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic