Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Co2 PSI????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co2 PSI????
    Posted: 01 February 2006 at 1:04pm

I really need to know what pressure Co2 is putting in the lines??? Unregulaterd psi straight out of the tank... I need to know what pressure rated line to get...  I'm working with a Clippard dealer and they don't deal with "macroline" so I need to know this...

Thanks!!!!

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 1:07pm
between 700-1100psi depending on how full the tank is. I would get 2000psi line.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 5:41pm
2000 psi line is your best bet. itll cost a little more, but its worth it to not have your macroline explode. (the tech at my proshop's friend had this happen, he put macroline with Co2 and left it outside. you can figure out the rest)
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 4:01pm
You shouldnt really use macroline with CO2 anyway.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 5:03pm
Since the pressure of CO2 is temperature dependant more then anything. Unless you REALLY overfill a tank or it's almost empty, here is a handy chart for you.

Remember P * V = (m/MW)* R * T
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 8:27pm
There's nothing wrong with using macro with CO2.

Hae you ever cut through a steel braided hose? Do yuo know whats inside? Macro...
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

between 700-1100psi depending on how full the tank is. I would get 2000psi line.

Negative, co2 is a constant pressure depending on temperture, not fill. The only reason an overfill can blow out is theres no room for the boil off to expand into gas, so it blows the burst disc when it takes a very small temperture hit.
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Negative, co2 is a constant pressure depending on temperture, not fill.
The only reason an overfill can blow out is theres no room for the boil
off to expand into gas, so it blows the burst disc when it takes a very
small temperture hit.

That why if you look at the chart, from almost empty to full at 70 deg F, it stays at 853 psi. Then when the tank is over filled you get a really big pressure spike, that's the point the tank is all liquid and has no where to go.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Baratak Baratak wrote:

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Negative, co2 is a constant pressure depending on temperture, not fill.
The only reason an overfill can blow out is theres no room for the boil
off to expand into gas, so it blows the burst disc when it takes a very
small temperture hit.

That why if you look at the chart, from almost empty to full at 70 deg F, it stays at 853 psi. Then when the tank is over filled you get a really big pressure spike, that's the point the tank is all liquid and has no where to go.

I Stand Corrected.
junojpeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junojpeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 9:59pm
I would determine Co2 by ounces, not PSI, PSI is for compressed air.
Woodsball:
Tippmann A-5
Responce Trigger
Flatline Barrel

Speed/Airball:
Tippmann A-5
Responce Trigger
14'Empire Twister Barrel
Torquestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torquestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 12:36am

Co2 liquid is ounces.  When it leaves the bottle and travels into the gun, it expands into a gas.

That gas pressure is what he needs to know in order to keep the line from blowing apart.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2006 at 9:58pm
You can use macro line with CO2; just don't put any sharp bends in it or you will eventually get a little surprise.  (Yes, I learned this the hard way.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic