Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hammer hitting face of stock piece...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hammer hitting face of stock piece...
    Posted: 01 February 2006 at 12:06am
I see evidence that the hammer is hitting the face of my stock when it is cocked... Is this normal??? or should I shave a bit off the face???
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 1:41am
Originally posted by XArmy XArmy wrote:

I see evidence that the hammer is hitting the face of my stock when it is cocked... Is this normal??? or should I shave a bit off the face???
Is the buffer "O" ring in place between the hammer and the face of the stock? The hammer(rear bolt) will hit the cap in original configuration if the buffer "O" ring is not in place. Withou the buffer it will hit the stock also.
XArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 12:25pm
There is an O-ring, but the whole thing is solid... It's not like the factory end cap where the face piece is loose...
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 12:27pm
Get the buffer out of your stock endcap, and place it in there.
XArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 1:03pm
That would require cutting off the solid one on my stock...
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 1:09pm
Get a Buffer O-Ring from a Pro/Carbine and insert in there without cutting the other one off.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 8:41pm
Or use the buffer that you had before you got the stock. I think thats what snake meant when he said stock. I think he meant factory.

Edited by Ilford Rule - 01 February 2006 at 8:43pm
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic